The "god" of SH4?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: The "god" of SH4?

Post by SHF »

[quote="The Adversary"]>Walter still believed that room 302 was his mother. all the way up until he died.<
No he didn't.[/quot
he tells henry at the end that he is the last sacrament. For what? oh yeah, the ritual.
The 21 sacraments are his intent. there is proof of that in what he says to henry at the end of the game.
im sure he did choose certain victims for this ritual out of revenge ( desalvo), sure.
That i will agree on.
I presented my case, adversary. ive stated facts.
Stating your argument isnt satisfactory enough for me.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

He does the ritual to MAKE room 302 his "mother", which means he KNOWS it' s just a room for now.
The key sentence in the cutscene you mentioned, IMO, is :
"Hey there little Walter ! Just a little longer now ..." ... cause if you do enter now you' ll understand it' s all bullshit !
Adult Walter is the one preventing Lil Walter to enter room 302.
See now where I got the crazy idea that Adult Walter does everything he does for Lil' Walter ?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The fact that he wants to complete the 21 Sacraments doesn't prove he thought an apartment was his mother.

He also went to medical school, so unless he's some sort of bumfuck retarded autistic savant that can do medicine without knowing anything about basic human biology, well...

While Little Walter wants "Mother", and Big Walter is willing to give that to him, the murderer is totally aware that his real mother didn't want him. He has the memories of abandonment and everything. Most likely, he figured out it's a ritual to summon God, and is now interested in using that deity to secure his happiness.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The 21 sacraments are his intent.<
No shit.

Walter also knows the difference between a room and a vagina. He finished the ritual so he could kill the people who fucked with him.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:>The 21 sacraments are his intent.<
No shit.

Walter also knows the difference between a room and a vagina. He finished the ritual so he could kill the people who fucked with him.
You mean like eileen? and henry? i guess walter hates introverts, and eileen's a bitch for being a nice person to him. makes sense :roll:
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Like Sunderland and cops.

Eileen gave him her doll out of pity, not out of love. I suppose Walter thinks he can' t and never will be loved, only pitied, Eileen is living proof of that. Walter just decided to trade his victim outfit with the executionner one. He won' t loose his sleep over any innocent bystander caught in the carnage on his road to revenge.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or, alternatively, Eileen is the only human Walter even comes close to caring about, and the ritual demands you make that person into the 20th Sacrament.

Walter can't just kill whoever he wants, the Sacraments have rules.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Yeah there' s that too, I doubt he would have killed Eileen otherwise.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:
The Adversary wrote:>The 21 sacraments are his intent.<
No shit.

You mean like eileen? and henry? i guess walter hates introverts, and eileen's a bitch for being a nice person to him. makes sense :roll:
Adversary, I'm feeling that you never really give detail to your arguments. You end things with a "." and state them without question, as they are true. Helldescent here has a lot to say to that. Can you please provide more information with what you're saying?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm feeling that you never really give detail to your arguments.<
I've already given detail to the arguments. These details can be found all over the place.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Okay then. Can you direct me to where you have stated that Walter wants to kill the people Eileen and Henry, who have apparently fucked and have been mean with him?
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Say what ? Don' t make him say what he didn' t, helldescent did the same mistake.
Come on, I' m French and I struggle with English sometimes but even I can notice that' s not what he meant.
He finished the ritual so he could kill the people who fucked with him.
Walter FINISHED the ritual SO he could kill the people who fucked with him.
It could either mean what you said (all the ritual victims are the people who fucked with him, clearly the Adversary knows that' s not the case) or it could mean that Walter does the ritual to gain the power to kill ANY people who fucked with him, not just 20 of them (21 - Eileen = 20), especially if you include those who WILL "fuck with him" (those who' ll try to rent the room or whatever, Walter' s wrath doesn' t seem that hard to trigger ... by the way Henry IS renting room 302)
I suppose you chosing the first possible meaning, the one that makes no sense, is a tad bit offending.

I agree that The Adversary makes a lot of statements and sometimes doesn' t bother to explain himself, but I gather from his 17412 posts that he' s probably tired to say the same things for the Nth time. Also he probably noticed that AuraTwilight and myself allready explained to Helldescent how and why he was wrong.

Let' s give it another go, just in case :
Walter stating that Henry is the 21th victim of the Sacraments is no proof that Walter thinks room 302 to be his mother, I hardly see any link between the two statements. AuraTwilight stating that Walter went to a medical school is certainly proof enough for me that Walter knew how babies are made. Stating Walter' s memories of his own abandonment was a relevant argument too. See there : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GEK0upXTQ
I explained to Helldescent that Walter does the ritual to make room 302 his mother, which means he knows it' s just a room for now. That' s pure logic, sort of the cherry on the cake, if it was even needed.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That, and it's nothing against Henry anyway. The ritual needs him to be this Receiver of Wisdom dude purely because he lives in the Room. Nothing Walter can do about it.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Walter's victims aren't only the people that "fucked" with his life, you know. There's plenty of innocent guys there that never did anything.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I don't think his motives were to get back at people who messed with him, or anything like that. Walter's insane. His abandonment issues, along with all cult's brainwashing, warped his mind. I think his motives are a mixture of two things; his brainwashing and his mummy/abandonment issues. He chose the apartment because it's probably the only place he ever felt safe. Because of that, he's probably hoping all his hard work will get him a benevolent motherly deity (well, benevolent and motherly towards him. The rest of the world on the other hand...).
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Well you can' t deny killing some of them must have least felt like a nice bonus.
Even if god does the killing once the ritual is completed it doesn' t seem to pinpoint random people, in the bad ending the other inhabitants of the Ashfield building experience headaches and severe chest pain.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Patman wrote:Well you can' t deny killing some of them must have least felt like a nice bonus.
Even if god does the killing once the ritual is completed it doesn' t seem to pinpoint random people, in the bad ending the other inhabitants of the Ashfield building experience headaches and severe chest pain.
I do think Walter would've been motivated by revenge or something similar when it came to picking some of his victims. For example the guy in the prison world, or the priests (don't recall names, sorry). But he had to make sacrifices in order reach his goals. Who he chose probably weren't all that important to his overall plan of having a mother or whatever the hell.
I don't think the God/apartment is targeting specific people though. The other people in the building are just close to the apartment, so it starts with them (wrong time, wrong place sort of thing). I assume if it's left to grow in power it's influence would spread to beyond the building, and more innocents would suffer. I don't think it has a plan when it comes to who it kills. It's pretty much just a really large mindless monster.
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

I meant they only have headaches while some cops and Sunderland are found dead, so the god isn' t mindless.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I can understand about henry, yes. But to me, walter chose eileen because he saw her as a fit sacrifice.
Everytime i played the game, i felt that walter wanted to still resurrect his mother, regardless of whether he still believed room302 was her or not.
( i figured he still believed it was his mother, why else would he continue the ritual? why not just go on a mass murder spree instead?)
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

The way I see it he was tired of coping with the real world and "normal" people and decided to make himself his very own kingdom, an eternal dream bubble.
He could have just suicided but ... he knew death wasn' t the end.