The "god" of SH4?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Patman
Gravedigger

Re: The "god" of SH4?

Post by Patman »

Lil' Walter didn't split off until the Sacraments were far underway, though.
I thought maybe he was schyzophrenic to begin with.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What does that have to do with becoming two separate people?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

He's talking about Walter physically splitting into Young Walter and Old Walter, not his "personality" disorders.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Nothing suggests Walter was at all schizophrenic. I'm guessing he's just severely misinformed as to what schizophrenia is, and is erroneously equating it with dissociative identity disorder

The only character who's officially schizophrenic is Lisa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

You' re right, I was erroneously equating it with dissociative identity disorder.
So what I really meant was "maybe he had a dissociative identity disorder to begin with".
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

But victims of dissociative identity disorder don't literally manifest another body.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Well, no ... I knew that ! ^^
But with Walter being dead and all I guess the two personalities didn' t have to be stuck in a single body anymore.
I' m no doctor or anything, as my bad choice of words allready hinted, can one personality act for the sake of the other ?
The thought of an adult Walter who wants nothing, who desires nothing, who has nothing to look forward to ever, and only acts for the half of him that still does was what made SH4 both incredibly poetic and sad in my eyes, in a weird way.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Walter doesn't have dissociative identity disorder. His soul was divided by supernatural power just like when Alessa split into Cheryl.

And Adult Walter wants plenty. He wants revenge. He wants happiness. He wants to kill people. Just because he knows the Room isn't literally his mother doesn't mean he's not going to go through with this anyway and still get the benefit of love and security.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Walter doesn't have dissociative identity disorder. His soul was divided by supernatural power just like when Alessa split into Cheryl.
I thought Travis/Harry beating the crap out of Samaël was what allowed her soul to split in the first place ?
Major "I don' t quite get it but whatever" here ...
He wants to kill people.
That he does. Even Cinthya or Eileen who were nice to him but matched the psychological profile needed for some of the 21 victims.
He wants revenge.
In the bad ending the first who experience his "revenge" aren' t cult members, they' re cops and Mr Sunderland.
I didn' t keep track of the murder victims but ... aren' t some cult members still alive ?
He wants happiness.
Huh ? The happy feeling he might experience whenever he kills someone isn' t exactly my definition of long term happiness.
But maybe it' s his ...
Just because he knows the Room isn't literally his mother doesn't mean he's not going to go through with this anyway and still get the benefit of love and security.
Get the benefit of love and security ? The love and security provided ... by a bloody entrails decor ?
Oh boy, THAT' s crazy ! ^^
Walter doesn't have dissociative identity disorder.
Can we know that for sure ?

Just so that we get back on topic, does everyone agree to say Room 302/Last Boss are both one and the same god ?
Last edited by Patman on 28 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I thought Travis/Harry beating the crap out of Samaël was what allowed her soul to split in the first place ?<
The only Samael we see is Valtiel. Alessa was capable of splitting her soul in two as a seven-year-old. Of course Silent Hill: Origins dicks around with this idea and suggests Flauros, the demon, is what caused Cheryl's "birth," although the writers of Silent Hill indicate it was Alessa who created her.

>Even Cinthya or Eileen who were nice to him but matched the psychological profile needed for some of the 21 victims.<
Cynthia wasn't nice to him, and there wasn't a psychological profile for the victims.

>In the bad ending the first who experience his "revenge" aren' t cult members<
He's already killed members of The Order who fucked with him.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

I just remembered Walter died in a prison cell, not in an asylum so yeah, no dissociative personnality disorder here.
Cynthia wasn't nice to him, and there wasn't a psychological profile for the victims.
I' m reffering to something I' ve read years ago, mentioning the 21 main Tarot arcanas and the way each victim had a profile that matched his card.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

The Adversary wrote:Of course Silent Hill: Origins dicks around with this idea and suggests Flauros, the demon, is what caused Cheryl's "birth," although the writers of Silent Hill indicate it was Alessa who created her.
I simply interpreted that scene in SH:O as Flauros giving Alessa the power boost she needed to create Cheryl. As far as I'm aware, there isn't really a contradiction.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

In the bad ending the first who experience his "revenge" aren' t cult members, they' re cops and Mr Sunderland.
I didn' t keep track of the murder victims but ... aren' t some cult members still alive ?
The first to get revenge are cops and Mr. Sunderland? What?
Huh ? The happy feeling he might experience whenever he kills someone isn' t exactly my definition of long term happiness.
But maybe it' s his ...
Uh. Room 302. Mother? Anything ringing to you? He wants his room/mom to be happy, otherwise there's no other reason for him to get the room.
Get the benefit of love and security ? The love and security provided ... by a bloody entrails decor ?
Oh boy, THAT' s crazy ! ^^
Yes. It. Is. Crazy. I'm sure we're all aware of that. He wants comfort in his mother/room. Of course it's crazy. We all know.
Can we know that for sure ?
Well, can we know that Walter does have that disorder? No. There's almost no evidence.
Just so that we get back on topic, does everyone agree to say Room 302/Last Boss are both one and the same god ?
Not everybody is going to agree with you. You want us all to agree on that one theory? What about the discussion? This is what forums are for. Until it's confirmed we discuss. You can't just "end it" by saying "Does everybody agree on ___?"
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

The first to get revenge are cops and Mr. Sunderland? What?
Check the "bad ending" on you tube and excuse my clumsy English.
Yes. It. Is. Crazy. I'm sure we're all aware of that. He wants comfort in his mother/room. Of course it's crazy. We all know.
I still think adult Walter is happy to make lil' Walter happy. It just seems much more believable to me that way, especially since adult Walter is very much aware mothers aren' t rooms. I think before they split Walter was in just for the revenge.
If you' d rather think "he' s crazy, period" I' m fine with it.
Not everybody is going to agree with you. You want us all to agree on that one theory?
Erm ... no, one of the first things I said on this thread was that IMO Room 302/Last Boss are both one and the same god.
I was surprised to see that people reacted to anything I said but that. It could mean that everybody agree, which I highly doubted.
All I wanted was to get this thread back on tracks since I' m the one who sent it drifting.
Last edited by Patman on 29 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Patman wrote:I just remembered Walter died in a prison cell, not in an asylum so yeah, no dissociative personnality disorder here.
I' m reffering to something I' ve read years ago, mentioning the 21 main Tarot arcanas and the way each victim had a profile that matched his card.
Cynthia was rude to walter.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
She encountered homeless walter in the subway, and made fun of him
Eileen was the one person who was very nice too him, which is why he cried when she gave her the doll.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Walter still believed that room 302 was his mother. all the way up until he died.
He pretty much killed off the cult members before hand.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

Walter still believed that room 302 was his mother. all the way up until he died.
I checked the game memos on Gamefaqs and yeah, he was allready dead when he entered room 302 for the first time.
But come on, he wasn' t under the cult influence anymore, he was free to read, watch TV, speak to people ...
I think some part of him couldn' t believe such nonsense anymore while at the same time some part of him didn' t want not to believe. Like someone who knows that crossing fingers isn' t gonna bring any luck but still does it cause it' s a lifetime habbit, am I making any sense ?

As for Cinthya I was indeed mistaken. She was mean to him.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The final boss, by the way, is called "Walter's True Form." It's not God, it's just Walter's corpse (which vanished from that room where Henry found it) transformed to reflect the sort of monstrous, inhuman beast Walter's become. When you kill it, Walter dies.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

OK, now my "they' re both god" theory is definitely ruined.
When you kill it, Walter dies ... unless Eileen died first.
Which means the 21th victim isn' t really needed ? Why does Walter become invincible at the 20th murder, not the 21th ?
When Eileen dies the ritual still isn' t complete and yet Henry' s screwed, even if he kills Walter' s True Form, I never understood why.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Walter still believed that room 302 was his mother. all the way up until he died.<
No he didn't.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Patman wrote:OK, now my "they' re both god" theory is definitely ruined.
When you kill it, Walter dies ... unless Eileen died first.
Which means the 21th victim isn' t really needed ? Why does Walter become invincible at the 20th murder, not the 21th ?
When Eileen dies the ritual still isn' t complete and yet Henry' s screwed, even if he kills Walter' s True Form, I never understood why.
It's not about that. Remember the other factor to get that ending? It's more than just Eileen dying, you also have to fail to purify Room 302.

And technically, the area the final boss is fought in is part of Room 302, since it's a "womb" with "Walter" inside it.