The Worlds apart of the Mother.

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Samael117
Just Passing Through

The Worlds apart of the Mother.

Post by Samael117 »

I've thought about this for some time. If you look at every World you visit (including your room,) and take it in the view point of Anatomy, you could say that the World's Henry visit's and the enemy's he fights could avtually be part of Walter's Mother's body.
The following are just the prespective's of how each world and how the enemies can be viewed:

- The Room (Mother's Brain.) The Brain sends infromation to our body to preform tasks that help us live each and everyday. The Room is like this in such a way that the Room is sending Henry to different World's (other parts of her body) to complete certain tasks, which are receving the truth about Walter and is purpose. The Room is also storing memories of the past, which we see as the nightmares Henry has about Joseph.

-Henry (virus) Enemies (immune system.) Henry, as we know, wants nothing more then to end the nightmare he has entered, and has become a threat; a virus if you will. In turn, the enemies can be seen as the immune system trying to fight him off.

-Subway World (the Heart.) In the Subway World, theirs a room where the walls are contracting, or beating much like a heart. We also get the prespective of heart because of the Subway itself. A Subways purpose is to transort people to different areas so they can work and keep their city alive. The Heart helps transport blood to keep us alive

-Hospital (Stomach) Area where Walter preforms the finishing touches on his victims. We can view the victims of what they are as nothing more then food that his mother digests for nutrients to live.

-Hotel (Subconscience) This one was a little tricky. I still doubt I'm right with this one, but i'll let you be the judge of that. The Hotel World is the area where we actually get to communicate with the older Walter for the first time, and this area is where both the young and older wlater seem to hang out in because they're so close to their mom, which we can see as the brain. We also see that both Walters have their own way of waking their mother. Younger Walter (who is the Angel of the Subconscience) bangs on the door to try to wake her up. Older Walter (who is the devil) uses the 21 sacraments to try and wake her. We see that their mother is agreeing with the Older Walter, prehaps becasue he is older.

Complex area (eyes) becasue you're outside quite a few times in this area, and you're in the middle of the town, we can see this area as the mother's eyes, which are viewing the world she has not become a part of yet.

Forest (legs) The Forest can be seen as the mother's legs becasue it is the area which gives her stability. The forest is the home of the orphange, the area where the holy's mothers teachings were taught. The fact that these teachings are kept within the children is what keeps her stable in both Worlds.

Older Walter (other four senses.) pretty self-explaintory<----- also her arms.

Prison World (lungs) this was another difficult one to explain. My descripition isnt the best so I aplogize. Anyway, you can see the Prison World as her lungs becasue she is able to breath in the rest of the World around her. This is in part becasue the Prison World is seprate from the confinds of the hotel room. The prison is located in what seems to be a vast area where the mother is able to breath in the air of the rest of the World she can be apart of.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What a theory.. oh man you must like the game alot. I think you may be right about the subway and the hospital.. the whole scent of the worlds seems just like you say. The prison to lungs analogy is quite powerfull as well. But do you thing it's all that complex? The makers really worked into such a metaphor.. (take it as a compliment) few people will ever think of something like this, let alone pass the storyline refference to "mom". Maybe it's all just overanalyzing.. you know like the treatment big writers get to stress out kids that have to do thei'r homework.

Each way.. you've got Silent Hill. A real "virus"
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Awesome. Simply Awesome.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Automatic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Automatic13 »

I like this theory a lot
Xev

Post by Xev »

I like it too. It fits with the way everything is connected - like the holes and tunnels are veins and arteries transporting from the brain to all over the body. Walter wanted mom 302 to live and so he connected the different parts to make it stronger, to survive.
interesting idea! :)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

"The Room is also storing memories of the past, which we see as the nightmares Henry has about Joseph."

Well, considering that the room you're in in the beginning nightmare isn't Joseph's [same apartment, but has nothing of Joseph's inside], but rather Henry's, and you're only wandering around in the consciousness of Joseph I highly doubt that was about Joseph as much as it was about what will happen to Henry.

If Henry is the virus, then why does Walter attack his own creations? There's an interesting note you can find in the game, which details that other worlds are forcing their way into his [Walter's] world, and making it swell horribly. Somehow I doubt that Walter has total control over his creations, and that he sees them as extraneous. Extraneous enough to kill them himself.

The hospital I'd argue is really the uterus/womb. That woman Walter tends to isn't an actual victim of his. She's just some body. Meant to creep you out. Without much purpose. Like half of the spooks and scares in this game. The hospital is where newborn Walter was rushed to after he was abandoned. It features sterile rooms, incubators, umbilical cords.. I'd argue that the hospital serves as the centre of Walter's world as a means of sustaining and birth. Eileen wakes up here. A warm, soothing light emits through the window of one hospital room, much like the supposed light at the end of the birth canal.

Hotel means the Apartments, I take it.. And what what what? Little Walter is an Angel of the Subconscious now? And what the hell? The mother agrees with Walter? It's just a room. It gives no indication of what It wants, if It has a will to speak of at all. Those hauntings? Walter's work. Not the Room's. The 21 Sacraments is more effective than banging on a door and whining, which is why it works. Little Walter's an idiot if he thinks that knocking incessantly on a door will get it to open and for him to see his mother.

I'd argue that the Building world is actually the brain, due to the activity and various places you go to--ranging from a sports shop to a bar, a pet shop, an apartment, etc. This world in particular seems to be totally fabricated and its structure not at all what it is in the real world: There's an apartment in the middle of the place, a pet shop, a sports shop, and up dozens of flights of stairs there's Richard's apartment. It's a conglomeration of bits of Walter's past [places he's been] and of some attempt at a stable reality. It's an amassed gathering of knowledge.

The Forest world doesn't seem entirely stable. Especially not in relation to Walter, who hates the cult, its teaching, and is only doing the 21 Sacraments as a big "Fuck you," to the Order.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

If Henry is the virus, then why does Walter attack his own creations?
Apoptosis, maybe?
The hospital I'd argue is really the uterus/womb. That woman Walter tends to isn't an actual victim of his. She's just some body. Meant to creep you out. Without much purpose. Like half of the spooks and scares in this game. The hospital is where newborn Walter was rushed to after he was abandoned. It features sterile rooms, incubators, umbilical cords.. I'd argue that the hospital serves as the centre of Walter's world as a means of sustaining and birth. Eileen wakes up here. A warm, soothing light emits through the window of one hospital room, much like the supposed light at the end of the birth canal.
Another awesome interpretation. But I think the room would be the womb, since Walter is trying to return to his mother and, in a nutshell to save you all from a big essay on Walter, he's trying to return to the womb essentially, since it's the only place he had some semblance of happiness (or absence of sadness, really.)
And what what what? Little Walter is an Angel of the Subconscious now? And what the hell? The mother agrees with Walter? It's just a room. It gives no indication of what It wants, if It has a will to speak of at all. Those hauntings? Walter's work. Not the Room's. The 21 Sacraments is more effective than banging on a door and whining, which is why it works. Little Walter's an idiot if he thinks that knocking incessantly on a door will get it to open and for him to see his mother.
I agree. but calling Wally an idiot is kinda harsh. I mean, he's only like, what, 7? If I was that age, I'd probably think that if I knock loud enough, Mommy will wake up and answer the damn door. Or maybe he's unaware of whether the 21 Sacraments has been completed or not.
The Forest world doesn't seem entirely stable. Especially not in relation to Walter, who hates the cult, its teaching, and is only doing the 21 Sacraments as a big "Fuck you," to the Order.
So does that make the Forest the Mother's ass? XD
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Apoptosis could indeed be the word for it, yes.

Little Walter doesn't even know what the 21 Sacraments are--or at least the Little Walter in this world doesn't. In the first meeting between Little and Big Walter, the little one asks, "What are the 21 Sacraments?" But hasn't he been learning what the 21 Sacraments are since he was a child? Huh. Not like this is the first time he's messed something up. That little cooze has bungled the script before. "That's what everyone calls me, but I don't really have a name." "Huh?! That's my name!" Make up your damn mind.

Thinking a room is your mother is idiotic. Ergo, idiot. Doesn't matter if that's what he'd been told and he doesn't know any better--it's still idiotic from an 'enlightened' perspective.

Well the legs DO connect/are part of the buttocks...
ZOMB
Just Passing Through

Post by ZOMB »

ur theory is very evident makes alot of sense i like it its good
Self-Seeker
Just Passing Through

Post by Self-Seeker »

Thinking a room is your mother is idiotic. Ergo, idiot. Doesn't matter if that's what he'd been told and he doesn't know any better--it's still idiotic from an 'enlightened' perspective.
There's a difference between being an idiot and being insane. And you could probably call Walter a lot of things, but sane ain't one of 'em.

And anyway, does he think of the room as a literal mother/woman, or a more protecting maternal force, like God? Or the god? The way Walter wants this room is the same way that Dahlia wanted her god, the way Claudia wanted her paradise.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I can also call him an idiot. Because I think he's an idiot.

Well, I don't think that the older Walter thought of the room as Mother or God anymore. He just wanted to use the Scriptures he was taught against those who taught him. And take down whoever he could. The jerk.
Self-Seeker
Just Passing Through

Post by Self-Seeker »

So, you think he wasn't crazy?
suffring of moo
Just Passing Through

Post by suffring of moo »

you are good boy :) but can i ask you what about the last room ?? whene meet the man in wall is she the mother whene she pregnant that way walter became alive again do hing so i dont realy know but i know u are good :o
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Self-Seeker wrote:So, you think he wasn't crazy?
I think if you look around at any Walter-defending topics we have on here, you'd find my answer to that question. But just to make it easy for you: I think he's a psychotic asshole.
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

your theory is pretty sound, but i dunno if i agree.
see, i dont really think the worlds represent a body, but if they did, wouldn't the apartment be the womb as thats where he was born and where the child walter wants to return?
its like that book says in 302 of the past, the child (walter) wanted to be reconnected to that cord, and as child walter wanted back into the room isnt there like a connection there?
as for walter, he has a really sweet personality, sure he's done some horrific heresies, but can we really stay mad at him?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>as for walter, he has a really sweet personality, sure he's done some horrific heresies, but can we really stay mad at him?

Uh, yeah. There's nothing sweet about his personality! He's a homicidal maniac. A serial killer. Go ask the victims of any infamous serial killer if they can "stay mad" at the killer just because they have "sweet personalities." There was one particular killer who was a charmer, but showed no mercy to his victims. But oh, he's a sweetheart, so I won't stay mad.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh but that is really ludicrous.
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

yeah i know what your saying, but im way too nice a guy for my own good.
i just feel sorry for him, and the way he speaks when he's on the apartment staircase is kinda pitiful.
he's just a big kid looking for his mother, and the amount of cult activity and terrible treatment he's been forced through, its not his fault he's been warped.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The older Walter isn't a "big kid." He's well aware of what he's doing and wants revenge more than he wants a mother.

The way he talks on the staircase is to trick you. Like how Dahlia was ranting about Samael? Looks like he got you, too.

But! This has nothing to do with the theory at hand so let's stop.
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

Hey guys, I posted something relative to this but didn't realize that a thread was actually made. I try to search for these topics before creating a brand new one but I have no luck T-T Anyway, I think your theory is excellent! It's wonderful to meet fans who not only look out of the box, but make the box into a house. Yesterday, while I was playing SH4, I came up with my own theory:

If you look at the type of levels that they are, there's a connection to pregnancy, too.

*before I go any further, I just want to say that I'm going to be using an "adult" term, but I think we're all adults here so hopefully it won't be a problem*

Subway: trains = transportation and flow of the sperm
Forest: trees = fertilization
Water Prison: water = the placenta (water) forming, enclosing the fetus
Building: the fetus forming
Apartment: the baby in its full form, living in the womb
Hospital: deliverance/baby is born
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

^
I like this theory a lot.

Good thinking! :)