Why are there so many Victim 07+08s?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Those are called Bottoms.
reidcm
Just Passing Through

Post by reidcm »

I always thought that they pointed at you because you were one of the victims, like that teddy bear points at you when u look into your neighbours room as if to say "your next". I remember reading something about why they were monsters and not ghosts but i can't remember it, I think it was sopmething to do with guilt.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

thats no teddy bear - thats a bunny! :wink: :P
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

reidcm wrote:I remember reading something about why they were monsters and not ghosts but i can't remember it, I think it was sopmething to do with guilt.
You mean like on page one of this thread...
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

JuriDawn wrote:Those are called Bottoms.
I think that they should be called hemoroids...cause they're a pain in my ass... ha ha! last time I heard that one I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur...any one want some wine with this cheese?
silenthillish3
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillish3 »

cuz people are stupid and die, and are named victims XD fuck im bored
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Did you even read the thread at all?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
reidcm
Just Passing Through

Post by reidcm »

You mean like on page one of this thread...
Yeah I skim read it and missed the post refering to what I said, I originally read the guilt theory on another website.
mrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by mrow »

I prefer the interpretation that the victem 7 8 monsters are just representations of the dead kids, because as kids they were pure souls and didn't have to get trapped in their killers nightmare world.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>they were pure souls and didn't have to get trapped in their killers nightmare world.
But they were trapped in Walter's "Kingdom," just like the other victims.

It's because of the guilt, as discussed.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
mrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by mrow »

I'm not entirely sure what that interpretation was, exactly.

Is the general idea that victims 7 and 8 are trapped in the nightmare world, but because Walter feels expecially guilty about their deaths instead of a single ghost representation of them being in his world there is a virtual army of accusatory monsters? I don't see how a pair os souls can be split amongst so many individual monsters.
Zexion
Just Passing Through

Post by Zexion »

Victims numbers 7 and 8; Billy and Miriam Locane were Walter's unstableness I think, that and the extreme guilt that he felt yes.

Maybe the reason why they were manifested into Walter's world WAS because of the extreme guilt he was feeling and because they were never actually put to rest.

They are still roaming in Walter's mind.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't see how a pair os souls can be split amongst so many individual monsters.
Hive mind, baby.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

They were many because it just like how they died, severed into many many parts.....
Offtopic: I like overachiever547's icon! Scary and Mysterious.... is that Cynthia? So her face is kinda dislocated cuz of the stabs?
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

I think
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
since they were axed into pieces (SH2 newspaper), or most likely their hands & legs were separated, they couldn't have appeared as as ghost like other victims, so they've adapted a mostrous form, which only has two hands.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

I think the answer is simple. Victims are the actual persons trapped in the Walter's world and enslaved by Sullivan. Monsters are simply manifestations of Walter's memories and filings. 7/8 are not victims at all, just monsters like Hummers, Wheel Chairs etc.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The problem is that Billy and Miriam have the same role than the other victims... In the final rooms of the game we can see how all the 19 victims are present but we don't see any difference about Billy and Miriam...

Also is weird that the victim 07+08 be the only pointing to Henry and whispering Receiver of Wisdom
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

KageReneko wrote:The problem is that Billy and Miriam have the same role than the other victims... In the final rooms of the game we can see how all the 19 victims are present but we don't see any difference about Billy and Miriam...

Also is weird that the victim 07+08 be the only pointing to Henry and whispering Receiver of Wisdom
Don't they only say 'Receiver'? I don't think they say the whole thing ^^
That goes back to the whole 'accusational' thing,great theory I love it, but since they are saying , or really growling, 'Receiver' would that really be... actually now that I've typed it they making that statement makes it sound more accusational XD Whoops