Valtiel's role?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I'm beginning to think that . . .
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
. . . when Walter Sullivan blurts out that the monster is trying to punish him, that Valtiel is trying to pump his mind w/ the guilt of killing Miriam & Billy, whom are innocent children, not sinners.

In addition, Walter says the monster is trying to kill him; That relates to the fact that Walter submerges a spoon in his neck two inches. Of course, Valtiel isn't just gonna pop out of nowhere & pwn him in prison. However, we know for a fact Valtiel is inside Walter's mind.

I presume Valtiel decided to stop Walter because either his murder spree was getting out of control or he was going to choose an insufficient vessel, Apt. Room 302. However, apparently Valtiel failed to do so because he is seen entering Apt. Room 302 a few days later . . .
Last edited by Conjurer on 27 Oct 2006, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Ancillary, Walter says the monster is trying to kill him
I think that word means not what you think it means. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

It means "assisting" . . .

But who really cares? It's irrelevent to the subject.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, it means "subordinate" or "subsidiary". . . . and given the context you've used it--and I've seen you use it at GameFAQs along with a slew of other words--it's incorrect & doesn't make any sense. The Thesaurus is not always your friend when you don't thoroughly understand it. I'm not telling you this to be a dick, either: If you want to use "bigger" words to sound smarter, it's best if they're used properly--otherwise: just stick with what you know.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

^Ba-ziiiing!
That relates to the fact that Walter submerges a spoon in his neck two inches.
Didn't that turn out to not actually be Walter's body...?
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No. Walter committed suicide in prison. He was "released from the bonds of the flesh" in Room 302.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Ancillary. Used out of context. Understood.

However....

Ancillary "DOES" mean both "Subordinate"and "Subsidiary", as well
as "Auxiliary" and "Assisting".
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

Conjurer wrote:I'm beginning to think that . . .
. . . when Walter Sullivan blurts out that the monster is trying to punish him, that Valtiel is trying to pump his mind w/ the guilt of killing Miriam & Billy, whom are innocent children, not sinners.

In addition, Walter says the monster is trying to kill him; That relates to the fact that Walter submerges a spoon in his neck two inches. Of course, Valtiel isn't just gonna pop out of nowhere & pwn him in prison. However, we know for a fact Valtiel is inside Walter's mind.

I presume Valtiel decided to stop Walter because either his murder spree was getting out of control or he was going to choose an insufficient vessel, Apt. Room 302. However, apparently Valtiel failed to do so because he is seen entering Apt. Room 302 a few days later . . .
Conjurer, I don't think your understanding that the concept of Valtiel being inside Walter or even existing at this time wasn't immidiatly thought of by Team Silent.

It is never mentioned in the news paper or in the "Trick of Treat" radio special that Mariam & Billy had numbers carved onto them. Silent Hill 2 was just showing that James wasn't the only one suffering the the Silent Hill experience. Red Devil=Most likely a tormentor parable to James' Red Pyramid Thing.

Therefore, Walter Sullivan's suicide was most likely a plot hole in the Silent Hill 4 game.

All you need to understand is that Walter managed to trick the police w/ a fake suicide, escaped from his coffin, & performed the Assumption Ceremony in Apt. Room #302.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

-Qwerty- wrote:Therefore, Walter Sullivan's suicide was most likely a plot hole in the Silent Hill 4 game.

All you need to understand is that Walter managed to trick the police w/ a fake suicide, escaped from his coffin, & performed the Assumption Ceremony in Apt. Room #302.
What is this, Mask of Zorro? You really think we're supposed to assume the police don't check somebody's pulse before burying them? Walter's suicide isn't a plot-hole at all. If it didn't make sense, they wouldn't have put it in. It would be quite simple to leave it out, but they didn't. Therefore, we must conclude that it is an important (and true) event.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Walter Sullivan's suicide was most likely a plot hole in the Silent Hill 4 game.
False. Very, very false. Especially a faux-suicide. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

It is implied in Silent Hill 2 that he died. However, for the sake of story—Silent Hill 4 introduces that Walter Sullivan is actually an occult serial killer trying to descend a God...

Walter was a conjurer; which has the power to charm & summon spirits & perform seemingly impossible stunts or magic tricks. It's not very, very false.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Except that it is peremptory that Walter commited suicide in the prison cell: It's a logistical impossibility considering it's proven that he committed suicide in the prison and in room 302.

There is no plot hole in Silent Hill 4: The Room.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't think they did anything to Walter's story besides expand and elaborate on his story.. I'm not sure I see where a plot hole fits into play here.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

00000 wrote:Except that it is peremptory that Walter commited suicide in the prison cell: It's a logistical impossibility considering it's proven that he committed suicide in the prison and in room 302.
Like I said, he pulled off a seemingly impossible, unexplainable trick—or if you perfer, an illusion (which conjurers could also create).
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I think you're misinterpreting the term "Conjurer". . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Walter committed suicide in prison
Just seeking clarification, and I've since looked around for other threads with deeper explanation and gotten a better concept of it, thanks.
Ancillary "DOES" mean both "Subordinate"and "Subsidiary", as well
as "Auxiliary" and "Assisting".
Yes, but these words, in the context used by Conjurer, make little sense. Occam's razor- just use "as well" instead. The thesaurus is not always your friend.
You really think we're supposed to assume the police don't check somebody's pulse before burying them?
No, he's implying that Walter used magic to trick them into thinking he was dead. And that doesn't make sense.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

No, it doesn't. It's just another variation of the ever-popular "It's Silent Hill, anything's possible" argument.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Which is, of course, a load of crap. "I don't know what I'm talking about, so I blame it on Silent Hill." There. Soblem prolved.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

Wow. I'm gone for a few moments & people are already filling words in my mouth.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

-Qwerty- wrote:Conjurer, I don't think your understanding that the concept of Valtiel being inside Walter or even existing at this time wasn't immediately thought of by Team Silent.

It is never mentioned in the news paper or in the "Trick of Treat" radio special that Mariam & Billy had numbers carved onto them. Silent Hill 2 was just showing that James wasn't the only one suffering the the Silent Hill experience. Red Devil=Most likely a tormentor parable to James' Red Pyramid Thing.
Regarding the fact that your basically telling me to drop everything I know about Walter in Silent Hill 4 & compare him to everybody in Silent Hill 2 to understand his situation...I actually like this idea!
-Qwerty- wrote:Therefore, Walter Sullivan's suicide was most likely a plot hole in the Silent Hill 4 game.
Dude, that's bullshit. It can be explained numerous ways; most of which seem to be fan-fictional explanations unfortunately.
-Qwerty- wrote:All you need to understand is that Walter managed to trick the police w/ a fake suicide, escaped from his coffin, & performed the Assumption Ceremony in Apt. Room #302.
The suicide wasn't fake; you see, I used to believe an idea similar to that but after awhile I began to realize how ridiculous it sounded. In fact, I’m beginning to accept the explanation of Walter Sullivan pulling off an un/intentional conjuration similar to Mary's creation of Maria that I think was written by 0000.