The Subway, Maybe Henry could have escaped. (spoilers)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I dont remember the game mentioning a nightmare on elm street, when did that happen?
Life changes daily so go with it!
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

lol (thanks for the props too dude) Freddy would butt rape walter
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

They don't mention it, they have scenes that were inspired by it.
--LORD OF THE GAME--

Post by --LORD OF THE GAME-- »

[quote="thenewnightmare"]Man if I were Henry...I'd do so much dumb crap. He's got chairs in his apartment, so why not bust a window? I would rather fall out and break a leg or a rib then have to deal with all the crazy things in Silent Hill. Lol. Or the hole you find in the wall to Eileens room...kick it! Keep kicking and then crawl through...Just be like "Hi, there's a freaked out portal in my bathroom wall, and I keep almost getting eaten by things, me name's Henry, and I have kinda been stalking you." LMFAO, that'd be great!! :lol:[/quote

THOSe windows ARE UNBROKENABLE BECAUSe IT WAS helded by darknesS or GhosTS.
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

I changed this response because I was being an ass, and I'm sorry. I'm gonna say the same thing but in a different tone:

--LORD OF THE GAME--, read lain of the wired's post on the previous page. She sums up what the general idea of Walter's dream world is rather nicely.

Again, I'm sorry for being such a douchebag about it. You're always welcome to post your theories, even if I verbally abuse you. :wink:
Last edited by CursedxDoom on 12 Dec 2007, edited 1 time in total.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ah, go easy on him, Cursed. :) Sometimes it takes all of my restraint not to ressurect a year old thread just to put my own spin on something that was already addressed. :) Besides, it is always worth a post to see the word "unbrokenable" being used, lol.
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

people can be bitter on these forums.... There never was any easy way out for henry.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I have to wonder though. Not so much with the subway, but what if Henry, before or after learning his fate, succumbed to the loneliness of being trapped in his apartment and killed himself? Or even if he learned his fate was to die anyway, he offed himself before Walter could get to Eileen and messed up his plans?
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

The world may never know. It probably would've ended the process for a while, I'm sure.

But of course we can't have that happen. Henry is a tool, after all. The game was never about Henry, it's Walter's story. Henry is more of a plot device than anything.

Would be interesting, though.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Walter's plans = F'd in the A.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I figured they would have to be. Henry witnessed thos other deaths as part of his role as the receiver of wisdom, and I would imagine that if he killed himself before Walter could do it as part of his ritual, his plans would be screwed. I mean, it was down to 2, so if there were no other people to kill, there would be no ay for a new receiver to receive the wisdom.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Why not? As far as I can tell, Walter would just have to pull someone else into his world, which doesn't seem particularly difficult. Then they could read Joseph's Walter Sullivan Cliff Notes.
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

i think ka forced him to do and see what he did... there is no escaping the beam
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

What I meant, Juri, was that part of Henry's role as the Receiver of Wisdom was to witness the deaths of the other victims to learn more about Walter and his motivations. If it came down to just Henry and Eileen, and Eileen had not yet been attacked, and Henry killed himself, then what? Would Walter have had time to get someone else trapped in that apartment, and fill him with the wisdom he needed? Or would the whole thing have been ruined? True, they could have read the memos, but it is different from reading them and being forced to witness the murders. There were no more victims after Eileen, so who could the next Receiver of Wisdom witness being killed?
CursedxDoom

Post by CursedxDoom »

I may just be talking out of my ass here, but I don't think Walter would let Henry kill himself.

Ok, here is where everyone in this forum can feel free to tell me if my idea is absolutely bananas. The whole purpose of the 21 sacraments is to birth God, right? And if I'm not mistaken, Walter is carrying Valtiel in him. If Henry decided to off himself or died by some other means before the sacraments were complete, wouldn't Valtiel just resurrect him to ensure the birth of God?
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Henry wouldn't kill himself. He had no nightmares or psychological problems. He was what Walter was waiting for. A pure soul who (he thought) wouldn't bite.
Walter is carrying Valtiel in him. If Henry decided to off himself or died by some other means before the sacraments were complete, wouldn't Valtiel just resurrect him to ensure the birth of God?
So, you're saying that if Henry died, he (please tell me which one: Henry or Walter?) would be resurrected to ensure the birth of God? :?
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Henry couldent die, he didnt die, even if you die in the game, you always try again. thats on the same vein as "he could have climbed out of the wndow." I think walter thought of everything that could go wrong and fixed it all so they couldent go wrong.
This also leads me to my own theory about how part of walter dosent want to weake his mother up becuse he knows the truth... but i refuse to delve into it becuse people WILL argue it. i don't have the nerve to even type it all up. (btw best game ever to play while on illicit drugs, the first person perspective along with the wicked stuff that hapens in an otherwise normal room really gets you thinking crazy things."
Last edited by Jim beam was yo dADDY on 13 Dec 2007, edited 1 time in total.
CursedxDoom

Post by CursedxDoom »

game_over wrote: So, you're saying that if Henry died, he (please tell me which one: Henry or Walter?) would be resurrected to ensure the birth of God?
I meant Henry would be revived. Henry needs to be kept alive to witness the Sacraments up to 20. If Henry were to die before that, Walter's plans would be for naught. What I'm theorizing is that, if Valtiel has any control over what is happening, he would ensure Henry is kept alive until the first 20 sacraments are complete.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

CursedxNightmare wrote:
game_over wrote: So, you're saying that if Henry died, he (please tell me which one: Henry or Walter?) would be resurrected to ensure the birth of God?
I meant Henry would be revived. Henry needs to be kept alive to witness the Sacraments up to 20. If Henry were to die before that, Walter's plans would be for naught. What I'm theorizing is that, if Valtiel has any control over what is happening, he would ensure Henry is kept alive until the first 20 sacraments are complete.
So, that is why he is called the receiver of wisdom. Being the receiver of wisdom, he has to see all the victims and record them in his head. Therefore, he is basically a hard copy and serves as a witness to
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
that big giant in the end (possibly some god or something).
It is much mush more clearer now. Great info :wink:
CursedxDoom

Post by CursedxDoom »

So, that is why he is called the receiver of wisdom. Being the receiver of wisdom, he has to see all the victims and record them in his head.
Very good, grasshopper.
game_over wrote: It is much mush more clearer now. Great info
No problem. Keep in mind that this whole thing with Valtiel reviving Henry is just a theory, though.