Scary or Not?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Nakremy-Ishiru
Just Passing Through

Post by Nakremy-Ishiru »

jackhalfaprayer wrote:
*Phoenix* wrote: And not to get too off topic but imo resident evil is scarier then you all give it credit for. If any of have you ever played the Gamecube remake of the first one you would see how atmospheric RE can be!
The GC remake was the only scary RE IMO- because of two simple words: FAST ZOMBIES. Bastards come running at you screaming and it's freaky. All the rest of RE doesn't really put me on edge.

Yah the movie needed more monster encounters, more otherworld.
Basicaly, all the stories of Resident Evil is like James Bond. There is always some evil corporation or an evil group or mastermind behind something very very evil. And you have to stop them -.-.
Umbrella and the Las Plagas cult in Resident evil are like Goldeneye, Goldfinger, errm.... Godamn haven't played many JB games lately... And also all the games have to do something with taking over the world, and enslaving humanity -,-. Resident Evil is completely different than Silent Hill... Silent Hill is just a saddistic story that we all love to watch and play. And resident evil is startign to fade out of its scariness... First zombies? Now infected humans instead? First it was the undead now it is Insects that take over your body... Thats cool to kill but its gay for the story -.-... All we love about Resident Evil is the Monster bashing and the characters killing eachother to survive. The rest is purely, ''ga- ay''. Plus the story line in resident evil 4 is just evident. Its just... run run run run run until you escape from an island. The story involves violence in every corner. ALmost impossible to survive if you ask me. Leon your using steroids, your a fake person. You never get tired of running. And you always find bullets in places where there would normally not be. I have to go @.@...
Want to RPG in Silent Hill?
Go Here: http://silenthillhaven.proboards46.com/ [Under Construction though]
Want to end your Silent Hill Movie Theory Madness?
Go Here: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5454&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I'm glad it wasn't scary...the games are scary in away that I think the movie would not have been able to touch...

Its like this....you fight monsters...walk around spooky places, then you get the story line in a cut scene...usually...that's how the games work...

but can you really do that with a movie?
DAms
Just Passing Through

Post by DAms »

I agree with silenthell88 more disturbing than scary. The graphicness of Cybil and Alessa being burned alive ahhhhhh it still gives me chills.
ShiningSugar14
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShiningSugar14 »

I went and saw Silent Hill with a RE sweatshirt and about 9 other people in the theater. It wasn't so much scary so much as it was graphic. To me, scary means having nightmares that night. Graphic is closing one's eyes and picturing one of those scenes (Cybil getting her skin burned off, PH losing his shit on Anna, "Lookit me, I'm burning," etc.).
Dispite not being scared shitless, I loved the movie. Seeing the PH up on the big screen pulling some big-time judgement-type shit was THE best experience any SH fan can ever hope for. That big thing in the bathroom with Alessa and the Janitor was brilliantly done('Cause if they had gone all The Crow on the scene, I would have walked.).
All and all, not scary, but VERY awesome.
You will suffer... as we suffer.
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

And you always find bullets in places where there would normally not be
looks in a refriderator.... milk.... couple of eggs... oh HERE are my bullets
[ m a r i a ]
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by [ m a r i a ] »

i hate to say it, but my friends, my brother, & i laughed through pretty much the entire movie. :(

we just didn't find it scary.

i think the only part that scared us was colin. that was pretty unexpected. & creatures that walk on their hands? *shivers* that's just not right. ew, baby monsters. ew.
[img]http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v494/xmyheartlove/maria15.jpg[/img]
you know she moves like sin.
WalkingGuy33
Just Passing Through

Post by WalkingGuy33 »

I might be in the minority here, but I found the movie scarier than the games (I practically jumped out of my skin when the grey children started screaming :oops: ) I don't know if it's because of the oversized screen and sound system in the theatre, or because the events in the game are under my control (and consequently less threatening), but I'd have to give the movie the edge. Color me crazy. :)
[ m a r i a ]
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by [ m a r i a ] »

really? it's kind of the opposite for me. i think it's scarier when i'm playing for the fact that i'm the one controlling everything, so it feels like i'm actually going through it. it's hard for me to watch a film & feel scared for someone else.
[img]http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v494/xmyheartlove/maria15.jpg[/img]
you know she moves like sin.
outlaw
Just Passing Through

Post by outlaw »

i thought it was quite unerving but not scary
heaven or hell ? lets rock!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Was it scary? Does the Pope shit in the woods? It was so creppy i was constantly worried about what was coming next. Colin, the janitor in the school bathroom, was so twistedly fucked up and scary. Quite possibly one of the scarriest things in the film, moving from that to Pyramid Head was brilliant.
outlaw
Just Passing Through

Post by outlaw »

i didnt really find collin scary the way his legs were bent round it looked like he was trying to screw himself (oh the irony)
heaven or hell ? lets rock!
Nakremy-Ishiru
Just Passing Through

Post by Nakremy-Ishiru »

[ m a r i a ] wrote:i hate to say it, but my friends, my brother, & i laughed through pretty much the entire movie. :(

we just didn't find it scary.

i think the only part that scared us was colin. that was pretty unexpected. & creatures that walk on their hands? *shivers* that's just not right. ew, baby monsters. ew.
1.That is not in the movie that is in
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Silent Hill 4
-.-. And it never showed the Twin headed Hand Walking Babies in Silent Hill movie. Those monsters have nothing to do with the movie and of the story, its more about:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The orphanage, the wish house and Walter Sullivan's Domain
Are you sure you are not just pretending that you saw the movie and you just add facts that come from a different aspect of the series hoping that it actualy had something to do with the movie? Your not fooling me -.-. Come on now, come clean and tell the truth. And that Janitor part wasn't as scary, it was just, pain looking. Which gives you the shivers when you just think about it. I only got shivers, i didn't get scared because I was expecting a thing like that. The obvious silent hillish scene to have occured '_'.

And you always find bullets in places where there would normally not be
Omg look at that I found a pack of bullets stuck inside the T- Bones in the wrappers that were stuck in some complete stranger's freezer down in his basement. WOWZ, that some puzzle there? What a mistery o.O? First I have to cook the T-Bones, since the bullets are frozen inside the meat. Then I have to expect that the bullets WILL (fat chance) wizz past my head when I cook them. So I have to do somekind of super idiot Kong Fu move to avoid it. Then I have to eat the meat and spit out the bullets. OR just break my teeths trying to -.-. lolz... OH wait those werent bullets, it was just Leons stupid brain that took a "Yellow" herb to be a pack of "bullets". Oh crap Leon must be realy sick and high right now.
Want to RPG in Silent Hill?
Go Here: http://silenthillhaven.proboards46.com/ [Under Construction though]
Want to end your Silent Hill Movie Theory Madness?
Go Here: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5454&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Suzie-too
Just Passing Through

Post by Suzie-too »

It wasn't scary at all...
It was very slow, I was watching it with 3 other people, only one of which had actually played the game, and we decided, after the "Pyramid Head poke knife through door at gay cop and bloody mum" scene, to watch 28 days later...
The next morning we gave it another try, and it began to liven up quite a bit ie Pyramid Head does some late night skinning, the miners get all homophobic on gay cop and beat the crap out of her, and eventually roast her alive, and Bloody mum gets bloodier on the church floor.

But none of that really counted as scary moments, probably because I'm the person, who unlike all the other idiodic "horror lovers" out there, who does not find buckets of blood as scary. I actually laughed when PH decided to tear the skin off that "dumb bitch who wouldn't run".
I am the chick who gets creeped by clever story lines and psychological stuff. So to me, scary it was not.
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

Suzie-too wrote: I am the chick who gets creeped by clever story lines and psychological stuff. So to me, scary it was not.
Haha! That was awesome.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

The movie was edge-of-your-seat "suspenseful". But I'm also the type of person who watches so many horror movies, it takes a lot to actually scare me. :)
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

It was like one of us wrote it. Tried too hard to appeal to the fans with cheap cameo's and references and completely destroyed the movie.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

I wasn't scared but creeped out by the Grey Children noises O.O
I disliked it for a while, but since I played SH2 I guess they did a g00d job. :)
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/monmashq/shhforumssig.jpg[/img]

It begins with a breath a kid killing his pets to Just sitting in debt when I’m feeling a wreck
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

The movie wasn't scary at all. It just had a decent storyline. Although it wasn't like the game.
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

I didn't like the movie very much ;_;
So sadly, it did not scare me
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

Like a lot of other people, i wanted to see the movie because i had played the game and liked it. I didn't find the movie scary, it was just disturbing in some parts. Gorefests do not scare me, although i do get kinda creeped out when im around barbed wire now.

The movie was still fun to watch though, especially with friends. We kept commenting on how rediculously jacked up PH was.