Silent Hill DVD Release Date

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Silent Hill DVD Release Date

Post by Droo »

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that my video store's solicitation and preorder info came in today, and it states that Silent Hill is coming out in August. No specific date has been set yet, but apparently in the next batch of info the actual date will be released.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

Oh great, so it'll be out on DVD before it even reaches my local cinema (in Australia). Are they asking for piracy or what? Luckily I'm both too lazy and too much a fan of SH to download it.
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
AnneMarie
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AnneMarie »

Thanks for the info, Drew. Shame it's released after my birthday, but I can save my birthday cash and buy a copy. Sweet! :D
Hopefully they'll have UMD format, so I can buy that too!
Last edited by AnneMarie on 21 May 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Awesome news! I thought it might be in early winter or autumn, but summer?! That's really cool, thanks Drew.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Post by CasuallyDressed »

Wow, only 3-4 months? That's a quick release. Hope they're not skimping on the extras just to churn it out :?
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Maybe they will release a vanilla version first, then later in the year release a better, two disk version.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

casuallydressed wrote:Wow, only 3-4 months? That's a quick release. Hope they're not skimping on the extras just to churn it out :?
I've kind of noticed that films are released on DVD rather quickly these days. Normally there'd be a six month wait, now it's somewhere around four to five months. Not so bad of a deal, really, but not that big of a change, either. I wouldn't mind getting a chance to see the film again soon. Also, I think it depends on the film. But I fully admit to knowing jackshit about this kind of stuff so.. :) Maybe I'm totally wrong about this.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
easteralex
Just Passing Through

Post by easteralex »

Where I come from the DVD is already released problem is they ran out to many people are buying them!
[img]http://upload8.postimage.org/176858_e0de4d4faf6070e030b51a7fadd6f281/james_mary.jpg[/img]
Droo

Post by Droo »

DVDs come out faster and faster for two reasons:

1) Anti-piracy. The longer people have to wait, the more impatient they get and are, according to the DVD industry, more likely to download. The faster they're out, the more people will get them, ideally.

2) Double dipping. Not only does faster releases combat piracy, in theory, it also allows studios to double dip. People rabidly awaiting a particular title will buy the first edition, and they can later release a special version with more goodies that people will also buy. My boss bought each Lord Of The Rings twice, as well as the Uncut version of SAW even though she owns the barebones first release.

As soon as the info of what is going to be included on the disc is out, I'll let you all know.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

I don't think I'm blowing any cover by saying go to www.videoeta.com to see the exact months and days, or just months that a dvd is set to come out on. It's no big secret. It's just like people looking at the stock market, lol. I look at it all the time, that's how I also know about the dates of The Pink Panther(funny), and Final Destination 3(gruesome). Go check it out.
Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill.
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

>Where I come from the DVD is already released problem is they ran out to many people are buying them!
What? Where do you come from?
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

I'm hearing August 8th it might be coming out...w00t!!!! :mrgreen:
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

Great news that the DVD is coming out early (especially as I'm gonna miss seeing it at the cinema due to a stupid pact I made with a friend that we'd see it together and he's too busy to meet up damn him to hell), but it may also be because the film hasn't done very well at the box office and they're rush releasing the DVD to save money on a seperate marketing campaign, which is a common trick for films which don't do as well as expected...
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

Dark Sky wrote:Great news that the DVD is coming out early (especially as I'm gonna miss seeing it at the cinema due to a stupid pact I made with a friend that we'd see it together and he's too busy to meet up damn him to hell), but it may also be because the film hasn't done very well at the box office and they're rush releasing the DVD to save money on a seperate marketing campaign, which is a common trick for films which don't do as well as expected...
The movie hasn't done that bad, infact it's made more than it's budget
Domestic: $45,344,314 84.4%
+ Foreign: $8,385,039 15.6%
= Worldwide: $53,729,353
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=silenthill.htm

3-4 months has become the standard release for most DVD's nowadays so I'm not surprised. And I'm sure it will do even better on DVD as most horror movie do.
CultClassic
Just Passing Through

Post by CultClassic »

Can not wait! Is it also coming out for PSP? This is a film that I would def. buy on both formats.
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

I almost guarantee every single fan whose seen the game and likes it and or seen the movie and liked it will buy it on dvd. I've read reveiws that say I was awesome, great, or just ok, and they said they'd buy it when it come out. I'm buying 2 copies, hehe.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Yeah, they will probably release a UMD of it. Hope they don't make one of those stupid combos like they did for FF:AC though.
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

actually 1 big thing I hope is on it is his original copy, cause I read on a website, welcometosilenthill.com that his original length of the movie was going to be 3 and a half hours. Please let that be on there, lol.
damjrok
Just Passing Through

Post by damjrok »

A "Director's Cut" would most likely never be on a first run DVD. I have a feeling that if they decide to make a sequel, a DC or Super Dooper Edition would come out a week before the sequel hits theaters.

That said, I hope the extended cut does see the light of day eventually. :mrgreen:
Dane Cook is not funny
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

directors cuts have come out on first time to dvd movies. It's not uncommon. Suffice to say it doesn't that often. But it's not uncommon. It has happened before.