If you could change one scene...

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

If you could change one scene...

Post by Anonymous »

Hello all, been awhile since I posted (or even visted here for that matter) miss me? yeah didnt think so :P

Anyway, onto my topic, and I don't think I've seen anything similar as a topic itself so here goes.

If you could change one *existing* scene in the movie for the better what scene would you change and how would you make it better. Changing a line? a setting? Certain character's in that scene? etc.

For me it would have been the otherside school. I would have replaced the roaches with the Grey Children. I think it would have been a whole lot freakier with them running around with Pyramid Head than the roaches would have been. Keep pretty much everything else about that place the same, only substituting the Children. Obviously they would not pop out of pods created by the Janitor, but they would still attack the miners (which would seem a whole helluva lot more fucked up than the roaches) Still have them come out of the door with Pyramid Head and have them running around in the playground, and still have them at the door trying to get in (even have one get cut by Pyramid Head's blade while trying to get in)

That's my scene change, how about you?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Let's see... I would change the explanation behind the existence of Alessa... For some reason, people tend think this movie is like... Sci-Fi or something. Because it's from a video game. In fact, I officially hate the movie now. All my friends were mad at me because I was so hyped up about it. Thanks, Gans. THANKS.
AnneMarie
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AnneMarie »

I still want to change that whole 'witch' thing. The rest of the movie was ok in my opinion (though I still want Toluca Lake in the movie), but I didn't like the Order with their whole witch-thing. That's the only weak point.
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

i would have cut out that whole scene when the girl puts up her arms and sets her arms ablaze. that was just fuckin stupid.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

I would have changed the miners to actual monsters. And put the children in the school. And I woulda changed the whole witch thing.. I woulda kept the original Mother of God thing.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

The slaughtering of everyone by Alessa. I would have changed it to Pyramid Head.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I'd probably change the entire Cybil gets killed by fire scene. I think it'd be much more traumatizing for Rose to have to kill her...
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
IsoscelesHead
Just Passing Through

Post by IsoscelesHead »

I'd have them put Barry White music on while Crystabelle gets raped by the barbed wire.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

^I actually laughed out loud.

You know when I buy the movie the first thing I'm gonna do is edit that in. >> <<
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Dr. Loomis wrote:The slaughtering of everyone by Alessa. I would have changed it to Pyramid Head.
Agreed. Heck, just a bit more pyramid head than just those two scenes. And as stated above by someone else, I woulda kept the whole Alessa/mother of god thing.
"Home is in your head"
disturbedashell
Just Passing Through

Post by disturbedashell »

IsoscelesHead wrote:I'd have them put Barry White music on while Crystabelle gets raped by the barbed wire.
hahaha thats classic. It would have to be "cant get enough of your love". :lol:
all that glitters is bloody
Chy-Fi
Just Passing Through

Post by Chy-Fi »

I would've taken the janitor out and put more pyrimed heads in and have Rose actually KILL a monster instead of running away all the time...
I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.
Ragdoll
Just Passing Through

Post by Ragdoll »

Since the Janitor scene is my faveourite, i would make it longer. Rose discovers she is locked in the bathroom as Colin crawls towards her, she tries one key after another but cant find the right one! He approches and grabs her leg moving his hand up the inside of her thigh.
She SCREAMS and kicks Colin hard in the nose, he moans in pain and nurses his nose as Rose manages to open the door and run away,Colin then screams in anger.
That would be so awesome!!! :D
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

Dr. Loomis wrote:The slaughtering of everyone by Alessa. I would have changed it to Pyramid Head.
yea, I still liked the last scene, but I was waiting patiently for pyramid head to come and on a kill frenzy rampage.. It would have been much more freaky if he had have come in.. I would have also like have to seen alot of more battering in the film.. Not one of the characters battered any of the monsters at all.. And that was in the game alot.. Plus I would have envolved the children much more aswell.. Put a few more scary scenes in like that
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

I would have changed the part where Sharon goes "meow, meow!" and the scene where the Reaper goes "I'm burning." it just put a crimp on the film's mood buildup in my view.
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
fragilen1n
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by fragilen1n »

I would have liked the movie to have been darker. Not in mood, but in actual visuals. Rose never actually needed a flashlight to see, there seemed to be natural light even in the darkness. I want the next one to have monsters hidden in the darkness.
Great-grandparents is kinda redundant isn't it? Because they're not your grandparents, shouldn't they just be your greatparents?
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

I would change lisas scene to one that gives more of an explanation to who she is and what she does.

A few tweaks near the end maybe chris finds a child on his door step and a letter telling all about the events.

Change the church scene make roses dialouge a little better so she dosent re-ensure her daughter then fake crying over cybil plus that you will not and you can not thing should be a little stronger
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Rose should have been chased by Pyramid Head.. then instead of her watching him disappear, she should have taken a different route in the school and waited for PH to come... while he never did because it changed to the foggy dimension. She would have been left more confused and would have been constantly watching over her back the rest of her time in or around Midwich
yatenkaiohu
Just Passing Through

Post by yatenkaiohu »

ant_garland wrote:I would change lisas scene to one that gives more of an explanation to who she is and what she does.

A few tweaks near the end maybe chris finds a child on his door step and a letter telling all about the events.

Change the church scene make roses dialouge a little better so she dosent re-ensure her daughter then fake crying over cybil plus that you will not and you can not thing should be a little stronger

I think that ending would have been been better for the movie :D
92mon
Just Passing Through

Post by 92mon »

first, I would have cut most of the sean bean parts, they were un-needed and just made the movie longer. second, more pyramid head OF COURSE! :twisted: he should have had more to with the story. and cut the roaches, they sucked and werent scary.

there should have been more filters on the film and stuff, like when there was the big flash- back of alessa. thats made the flashback so freaky.
and cut all overly gross scenes. like alessa being raped by the janitor {a cool monster}. that was just fucked up.

the curch people sucked. there should have been less explanation, the more left in the dark the more mysterious and creepy. and finally, rose should have killed at least 1 monster with a pipe or something, i mean, come on, in the game u kill monsters, not run away frum them.

the movie was original, it just needs sum editing.
Fighting for peace is like Fucking for virginity.