Officer Gucci. *spoiler*

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Officer Gucci. *spoiler*

Post by LaraeGunn »

The tale (or lack thereof) of Officer Gucci has got me thinking.
How was he involved?
You find out about his existence in the police station, along with the info that he is dead. He had a heart attack, but no prior record of heart disease.
In the same room, we learn about PTV and White Claudia. Overdosing on PTV is known to cause heart attacks, or heart failure.

Did he get involved trying to either bust the drug trade, or participate in the distribution himself?
Either way, it seems he got hooked, maybe?
I've read about undercover officers getting addicted despite their good intentions.
Why else would this man have died from a heart problem with no prior conditions without the aid of this potentially dangerous hallucinogen?

Theories? Ideas? Help? Question marks??
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

There's no indication of police corruption, although it's possible. It's more likely that he was working against the trafficking. The movie will address his character more thoroughly, but of course that's not canon.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

Well, his supposed role in the film will be interesting, since he only got a small mention in the game.
I think it could be probable, since Cybil has been sent from Brahms (sp?) to investigate the dealer, but no leads come up..
I'm not saying he's the source, but I think maybe he could be involved somehow.

As for the dealer, I think that Norman and Kauffman were working together on that one.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Norman didn't want to be involved.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

Thanks, I was wondering if he was forced or not.
So what role did Norman play in all this?
Was he just a delivery boy, or an informant?
I don't know why all this has become so interesting to me now, it just has. I appreciate any info, of course.
Last edited by LaraeGunn on 19 Nov 2005, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

He was being used to deliver & store PTV, forced into it by Kaufmann. The owner of the Indian Runner had this to say about it:

August 20
He came by. I handed over the package that the woman left here.

September 12
He showed up at Norman's too. Don't want to be involved with the likes of them anymore, but... I'm getting creeped out even more than before. Thought of leaving town, but I'm afraid of what will happen if I do.

Norman wrote this:

September 10th
Took package. Told to sit on it a while. Don't want to get involved, but can't disobey... He's probably linked to the death of the Mayor and others.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

Thank you!
I guess I'd be afraid of Kauffman, too.

Okay, I've finally gotten together what happened to him. In Kauffman's office you find a newspaper with an article clipped out. Later on, in Kauffman's hotel room you find the missing article:

"Investigation stalled. "PTV" dealers still at large. Suspicious deaths continue.
Like the anti-drug mayor, a narcotics officer dies of sudden heart failure of unknown origin."

Kauffman was behind both of their deaths in some way. Either they threatened to shut him down, or they were just hooked and suffered the outcome of usage.

The only reason I hadn't thought about it, was because after getting the Good+ ending, I never bothered to continue participating in the Kauffman "sidequest."
Cost me some knowledge, that did.
Can't believe I had missed out on this key point to Kauffman's character all these years.

Still, feel free to discuss Gucci, Norman, the Mayor, or anyone involved in the PTV trade.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just assumed that Gucci got in the way of the cultists, and was dealt with appropriatally.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^ or maybe he was part of the cult but then his duties to his job(or himself) outweighted his duties to the cult.
Void
Just Passing Through

Post by Void »

Kaufmann's last words to Harry after catching him finding his secret agoloptis(sp?) stash: 'Unless you want to die, keep your mind on business! Got it?!'

Considering all we know about him, this is not a guy you want to mess with... :shock:

Despite his German last name, I'm tempted to suggest ties to the Mafia... he'd fit right in with them, at least. 8)
[color=purple]The God Hand and Silent Hill pantheons will be hosting a pot luck dinner during the next bi-centennial Eclipse, in addition to Void's regularaly scheduled Sacrificial Ceremony for a newly anointed Apostle. Inquire for directions to Nexus of Existance, if needed.[/color] [b][color=red]All beings of questionable benefit for humanity are welcome to attend. No human [i]guests[/i], please; [i]prey[/i] only.[/color][/b][i][color=green] Valtiel to provide highly appreciated guest services and salad.[/color][/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I had no idea Gucci was going to be in the film. Thanks for the info ! ^_^ Anyone else here think Kaufmann looks like Robert De Niro ?
Void
Just Passing Through

Post by Void »

Yes. 8)
[color=purple]The God Hand and Silent Hill pantheons will be hosting a pot luck dinner during the next bi-centennial Eclipse, in addition to Void's regularaly scheduled Sacrificial Ceremony for a newly anointed Apostle. Inquire for directions to Nexus of Existance, if needed.[/color] [b][color=red]All beings of questionable benefit for humanity are welcome to attend. No human [i]guests[/i], please; [i]prey[/i] only.[/color][/b][i][color=green] Valtiel to provide highly appreciated guest services and salad.[/color][/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey, hey, don't get out of line... We're talking about Officer Gucci, not about Mr. Robert De Niro... Hmmm... Is it possible that Kaufmann could have killed Officer Gucci with an overdose? I mind, it was a heart attack, but no heart decease... So, the only thing Kaufmann was supposed to do was give him a killing-overdose and that's it... No more disturbing Officer... Also remember that Kaufmann hadn't had a good fame around the Hospital... He was tough and hard as a stone... That is not a profile of a very "normal" person... He had to have some kind of bad experiences in his past... It is not necessary to connect him to the Mafia, though is not a bad theory, I think that being a drugdealer is good enough :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Wouldn't an overdose show up on an autopsy report? They check for those kind of things, so unless it was something completely unheard of used to cause heartfailure, I'm pretty sure the coroner would've found it.

Then again, he had aglaophotis, which according to files found in SH1, and SH3 is incredibly rare, and doesn't grow in the States, so Kaufmann might've had access to other almost unknown herbs, and chemicals. So yeah, through point and counterpoint, the concept of Kaufmann killing Officer Gucci stands up. Good job. I'ma think on this, as I have no real life.
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

gabrielzero wrote:I had no idea Gucci was going to be in the film. Thanks for the info ! ^_^ Anyone else here think Kaufmann looks like Robert De Niro ?
A li'l bit...I think he does...just a li'l bit. :wink:
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Couldn't it be possible that Gucci was killed by a cult member and his body was replaced by Kauffman and staff inside the alliance....or the cult placed a spell on the investagator? I highly doubt that the only officer opposing the corruption and decay of the city would actually be corrupted himself....
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
CaptainSluggo
Just Passing Through

Post by CaptainSluggo »

Hey, does anyone think they might talk about Gucci in Silent Hill 0rigins? They said that Kaufman would be back, so wouldn't that mean theres a good chance of seeing Gucci as well? I mean, Silent Hill loves going back and shedding more light on seemingly minor characters (ex. Walter Sullivan), so maybe Gucci has more to do with the plot than we know at the moment.
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

I found a Silent Hill Plot Analysis Site. That makes me come to believe that the drug caused people to see, or even go to the Otherworld/Nowhere place where Alessa is. All the people who have tried the drug, eventually died as a result.

I'll quote some interesting examples:
In the beginning, White Claudia was used only for rituals, but after a while, cult has found a way of getting profit from the narcotic nature of this grass. Right after the fire that was set by Dahlia Gillespie (and had purpose to summon the God) cult has concluded an alliance with Alchemilla hospital - and a new sort of drug - PTV - appeared ("After the fire in the business district, a drug known as "PTV" becomes prevalent in town." - Lost Memories). It was produced from White Claudia ("Product only available in Select areas of Silent Hill. Raw material is White Claudia." - This is written on board in the police station.), and cult began to sell the drug to the tourists. However, the drug was rather dangerous - inexplicable deaths began to occur. (""PTV" Dealers still at large. Suspicious deaths continue." - This is what we can found in SH1 in the newspaper.) Hmmm… that's strange: as we know, process of tearing off the real world and transition to the subconscious world is accompanied by "suspicious deaths".
May contain slight spoilers of other series, along with info about Officer Gucci:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
As I have already said the more the consciousness submerges into its own world, the weaker its link with its body and reality becomes. But what happens when the link is completely gone? We find the answer in Joseph Schreiber's notes: "You've seen that world as well… But if you get sucked into it, it's not just a nightmare. Don't get lost in there. If you get pulled in, you'll be killed." - i.e. when a person is sucked into a world of subconsciousness, starts enjoying it (like James or Eddie for example) - he cannot (or doesn't want to) remain in the "real" world anymore, the link between body and consciousness is torn and the physical body dies.
But what does this death looks like? This question is answered by one officer Gucci's death report found in the police station: "Officer Gucci unlikely to be murdered. He apparently died naturally. But medical records show Officer Gucci Had no prior symptoms of heart disease" - i.e. the body dies in a normal natural way apparently from a heart stop, but considering the events of SH4, we can say that the death is preceded by a splitting headache ("My headache is already killing me." - Schreiber writes).
Some of these ideas are pretty interesting, so much info that you could just hold down ctrl and f to open the search bar and look up key names or words to make browsing through it easier.

EDIT: and GAH, got stuck to yet another old thread someone brought back from the dead. :oops: Should have paid more attention.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

The Otherside is not caused by drugs, nor are people drawn into it with drugs.

Like most Silent Hill plot analyses, that one is filled with incorrect information.
Cactusgod
Just Passing Through

Post by Cactusgod »

Well considering the Silent Hill movie is now on DVD, and this is the Gucci thread, what did everyone think of his character?