"laura likes teddy bears"

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

"laura likes teddy bears"

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Has anyone ever clicked on the dresser in the Baldwin mansion and saw Maria start talking about how there is stuffed animals on there and how Laura like's teddy bears,then says,"wait,who am I talking about?"

Here she seems to begin to remeber and later she commints on the fact that she knows James is a "bad" man.But when James meets up with her,she seems to not remeber anything from her remberecen of being Mary when she talks to James on the dock.

Why does she forget?Does she simple forget,but if that was true then how did she know it was James and even called him by his name with out him even needing to tell her.Some one enlighten me! :roll:
Pray
Just Passing Through

Post by Pray »

I always thought her behavior towards James was part of the "big game" - she knew about the past, but had her "role" to play.
★ ★
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

I don't think it's convienient to say "Your a bad man asshole!"

But also... she is pending between the "two roles". The prison scene is filled with confuson on James part.

She isn't human... we don't know how that entity really works.
She is at most, a borned whish that clashes with the memory from Mary.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Pray
Just Passing Through

Post by Pray »

But also... she is pending between the "two roles". The prison scene is filled with confuson on James part.

Yes. I also think, that she is a beeing with her own will. At least up to a certain point.
Her memories of Mary and the Silent Hill part in her are confusing her - as you can see on her reactions.
★ ★
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Maria is, in essence, Mary. They have the same memories because of who they are: the butterfly is the same as it was a caterpillar; its appearance changes, and so may its personality, but fundamentally they're the same.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I wonder if Maria was ever an actual person, but was sucked into being used by the town for its purposes (if it even has purposes). But Maria definitely is in James's world somehow, as is Ernest. I think she is in James's world right from the beginning of her sub-quest because she sees the same monsters as him. She is, in fact, one of those monsters, in a way. Maybe she's kinda like Lisa in a way. It also might be that the makers of the game are too lazy to make new monsters, but I doubt that.

What is happening is that Mary is being fused into her from James wants. Maybe he had a solid wish--of a new Mary, a sexy interesting, and tempting Mary--but after he killed her, he developed strong feelings of guilt. He then started shifting his wish into a Mary that would punish him, which is possibly why Maria slowly regains more characteristics of Mary, so he will eventually have to face Mary again.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Team Silent called Maria another dillusion of James. You guys like to pack crap on to make it seem otherwise, but they've already stated she's just a dillusion.

Mary is dead. If she weren't, James wouldn't have come there.
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

Which is why she and PH are p#%$#^^
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

You've had two topics locked for saying something as stupid, and I assume you already got a warning. Don't do it again. Please consider this your second warning.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^ thanks for that Krissy. : )

I know that Maria is built of Mary's memories,believe me it has been pounded in wheather I wanted it or not,but she confused me by saying this and forgetting almost imdeaditly.Then she agree's with Ernest that James is a "bad man",but still goes to him.Then when she gets there ,she forgets that but remebers his name.And eventually other things about her privous life as Mary.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Disciple of Claudia wrote:Which is why she and PH are p#%$#^^
Just because you aren't an intellectual thinker that cannot dig into the game and figure out the elements doesn't mean you should come here and try to derail all the deep discussions. You're just wasting our time.

It's been confirmed that those who die in Silent Hill can leave behind their sorrow.
It's not Mary's soul that drives Maria, but her leftover energy/sorrow in the town itself that seeps into Maria's core of being. Mary is still not Maria, not has her soul or any of that. She's a manifest of James who has influence from Mary's emotional energy residing there.

The energy is not a form of sentience.

Her visual image is just Mary combined with a hispanic town dancer that James lusts for.
Room312
Just Passing Through

Post by Room312 »

I think Maria is a combination of what Mary wanted to be for James, AND what James subcontiously wanted Mary to be.

Maybe some of it concerns a hispanic town dancer James lusts for :P
love walked alone
the rocks cut her tender feet,
and the brambles tore her fair limbs.
there came a companion to her,
but, alas, he was no help,
for his name was heart's pain.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I think Maria is a combination of what Mary wanted to be for James, AND what James subcontiously wanted Mary to be.
Absolutely what I feel. She feels concern for Laura and snaps at James' "Anyway"
statement as Mary would have. She is also flirtatious, adventureous, and sexual
in nature the way James would have liked. She seemed pretty steamy while
talking through the bars to James.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Maria acts as though she's got split personalities, eventhough she's ought to represent Mary.
The labyrinth conversation between James & Maria clearly shows that, at some points Maria is acting like "Mary" & then she regains her 'Maria' attitude.
It happens in the Rosewater park scene too, she starts out by not knowing James, but then touches on some facts about James & Mary's life together.
So her personality constantly changes;
Sometimes she's nagging about James leaving her alone (like the hospital cutscene - acting like Mary in her final days), & sometimes she's seducing him (what James wanted Mary to be like, subconsciously).
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I just thought you'd like to know that you just bumped up a four-year-old thread. Congrats.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

For real?!
I just found it in the quick-links section, & thought it was a cool topic. :D
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

That's okay.

It's only irritating when someone does that so that they can directly respond to someone who hasn't posted here since the Clinton administration.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

^I know, I'm sorry.
Next time I'll try to check the last post's date.
I hope I haven't done that thing you mentioned, by my post.