PC game

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

PC game

Post by CasuallyDressed »

Hiiiii, this is more than likely in the wrong bit, but dammit I got confused!

It's a PC issue...but about SH2...but it's not relevant to the SH2 story...but it regards SH2... :?: :?: :?:

Anyway, I just got SH2 on the PC and a wee problem arose. It all runs fine, apart from it glitches a tiny bit here and there. Main problemo is, when a cutscene kicks in, the audio runs at normal pace but the video is slooow and so the characters stop their conversation but the video will still be running. Looks like a mime act!

Some smartass will say "Well buy a PS2 or an XBox and quit whining!" and all I have to say is...Bite me :P

Anyhoo, any PC wizards out there wanna help? It's probably something simple like lower the resolution or something but I wouldnt know how to do that :oops:
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

I hope you got a good graphic card... check your direct X version.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
silenthell88
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by silenthell88 »

You need a faster graphics card.
Lexicon
Just Passing Through

Post by Lexicon »

I have 800mhz P3 with Geforce2 and Silent Hill 2 works perfectly with it, so I doubt its about your craphic card, unless you have worse graphic card than I do, and somehow I dont think so :)

Cant help you with the problem though.
silenthell88

Post by silenthell88 »

It's gotta be his card. I used to have a Radeon 9800 PRO (i loved this card) but I fried it and had to get a new card. Staples only had old cheap cards so I got a 9550. Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 ran perfectly on my 9800 Pro but on my 9550 the sound is out of sync with the graphics & the graphics lag every now and then. I guess you could try turning down hardware acceleration but the best thing is to just get a faster card.
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

Ok, I have a gforce 4 and on absolute full graphic quality it gets "laggy" some time.

I vote for a new graphic card.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Twixman
Just Passing Through

Post by Twixman »

Could just be some compability issues. Are you using any codec packs or anything like that for watching film on your PC? Those are known to cause some serious trouble with the Silent Hill games, among others...
Just when I've gotten used to "today" it's suddenly "tomorrow"...
Chronic Victim

Post by Chronic Victim »

This is a old thread, but it isnt his graphics card. I run on a Geforce 7800 gt and i have the same problem.
Twixman
Just Passing Through

Post by Twixman »

I'll stick with the codec-theory. I'm quite confident that might be the problem. If not, I have no idea.
Just when I've gotten used to "today" it's suddenly "tomorrow"...
Not Gonna Get Me
Gravedigger

Post by Not Gonna Get Me »

I had the problem with the cutscenes with my very old G-force 2(I think,it is very old),and my currently Radeon 9200.The sound was just a little bit faster that the video(it was funny when James is talking with his mouth closed,how does he do that?).

Anyway,it shouldn't ruin the game experience.It didn't upset me at all
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Check up on www.avault.com for the SH2 patch.

there should be something there to help you
silenthell88

Post by silenthell88 »

I discovered something just now. I got a new graphics card called ATI Radeon x1600 Pro 512 MB and all my games ran quick and on high settings but when I got to SH2 I had a few problems. I had graphic glitches where a lot of the picture was black and the sound was out of sync with the picture. I run my card with temporal anti-alising, anisotropic filtering and adaptive anti-aliasing to make everything pretty but just figured out that is the culprit. Turn off anti-alising and adaptive anti-aliasing and the game should run fine. 8)

note: not only do i have a radeon graphics card but also an Audigy 2 soundcard so my picture and sound syncs real good but if you only have a graphics card and use onboard audio then you might still be out of sync a little...i don't know
Lenneth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: PC game

Post by Lenneth »

casuallydressed wrote:Hiiiii, this is more than likely in the wrong bit, but dammit I got confused!

It's a PC issue...but about SH2...but it's not relevant to the SH2 story...but it regards SH2... :?: :?: :?:

Anyway, I just got SH2 on the PC and a wee problem arose. It all runs fine, apart from it glitches a tiny bit here and there. Main problemo is, when a cutscene kicks in, the audio runs at normal pace but the video is slooow and so the characters stop their conversation but the video will still be running. Looks like a mime act!

Some smartass will say "Well buy a PS2 or an XBox and quit whining!" and all I have to say is...Bite me :P

Anyhoo, any PC wizards out there wanna help? It's probably something simple like lower the resolution or something but I wouldnt know how to do that :oops:
Lol I have the same problem...
It's quite annoying :P
But since it's only slow during the cutscenes, I just live with it :P
Dustin81
Just Passing Through

Post by Dustin81 »

I fixed it by lowering my sound hardware acceleration, though I still have the flashlight light graphic issue :(
The_Ophidian
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Ophidian »

silenthell88 wrote:It's gotta be his card. I used to have a Radeon 9800 PRO (i loved this card) but I fried it and had to get a new card. Staples only had old cheap cards so I got a 9550. Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 ran perfectly on my 9800 Pro but on my 9550 the sound is out of sync with the graphics & the graphics lag every now and then. I guess you could try turning down hardware acceleration but the best thing is to just get a faster card.
Well strange, I played every SH game with my Radeon 9600SE and I had no problem
silenthell88

Post by silenthell88 »

The_Ophidian wrote:
silenthell88 wrote:It's gotta be his card. I used to have a Radeon 9800 PRO (i loved this card) but I fried it and had to get a new card. Staples only had old cheap cards so I got a 9550. Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 ran perfectly on my 9800 Pro but on my 9550 the sound is out of sync with the graphics & the graphics lag every now and then. I guess you could try turning down hardware acceleration but the best thing is to just get a faster card.
dude, this thread is really old! why did you go thru tons of pages and bump this? LOL
The_Ophidian
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Ophidian »

silenthell88 wrote:
The_Ophidian wrote:
dude, this thread is really old! why did you go thru tons of pages and bump this? LOL
You're right... There was a reply before mine, i didn't notice this thread was so old :oops:
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

strange problems u have here :| problems with SH2 on 7800GT :shock: this game runs on oboard gpus even :D 0 so its either some compatibility issue with certain onboard sound cards or .... buy orignial game dont use cheap russian cracks 8)
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

I haven't had any problems with any SH gamelike this....

If you are using on-board sound instead of a decent sound card that will definetly have some issues.

Turn off antialiasing(if you have it on) and see if that helps.

I have played all SH games with no problems on GF 4 ti4400, GF 6 6600gt, and my 7900GT.
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY