"Flames Purify All"

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

"Flames Purify All"

Post by Conjurer »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The humanoid shiny aura around the Holy Women looks kinda like. . .
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
. . . this women. Do you think perhaps it's another alternate image of the Order's God? [Perhaps where Alessa gets her image from. . ?]

Thoughts? Theories?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Could be where Alessa got her image of God. "Hey, I got burned like the God in this picture, so..."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I'm not saying God is being burned. I'm implying that I think God is the big, white, spirit illuminating around the women dressed in white.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
B5160-R

Re: "Flames Purify All"

Post by B5160-R »

Conjurer wrote:Do you think perhaps it's another alternate image of the Order's God? [Perhaps where Alessa gets her image from. . ?]
It's equally likely to be the other way around. That is, it being an image made from Claudia's "sight" of Alessa's image of God.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Hm. . . you could be right. However, I have some doubts about that.

First of all, by the time Claudia was elected as the new leader, their beliefs sort of changed because they no longer need to search for the choosen mother & "purify" her.

They've even established Alessa a saint, enclosing her as the Mother of God whom will not be burned by just fed hatred.

A strickingly similiar looking women is drawn in the "ABOUT SYNCRETIC RELIGION" book [she has the same saintly ring around her head like the bright entity enshrouding the women] & also Incubus is drawn in the book. This leads me to think the book was written & published awhile ago because we never see any hint of the Holy Women sect idolizing Incubus anymore.

Ergo, I think this depiction painting was a memory from Alessa's childhood.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

...I don't suppose you have a larger version of the second picture, do you? 'Cause with the size there, I'd just as easily swear up and down that the picture of the woman there is Mary. Gimme that, then we'll see.

Thus far, though, there is possibility in your theory...
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

Conjurer, I swear. Sometimes I think you’re either A) a fucking retard, B) completely oblivious to everything around you & to what you say, or C) you have memory of an 80-year old.

I've heard you mention from a game guide that Incubator was Alessa's projected thoughts from the Nowhere paintings. Make up your fuckin' mind!
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

^Is that really necessary?

Seriously, you bumped this thread just to flame Conjurer? :? Grow up.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It seems logical to me, but i'd have to read more into what other people have to say before i decide.
Seriously, you bumped this thread just to flame Conjurer? Grow up.
seriously, you posted just to tell him to grow up...
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

JuriDawn wrote:^Is that really necessary?

Maybe you should grow up & stop defending that retarded douche bag. I've seen him contradict himself & bring up the stupidest shit just to start arguments over & over & over & over.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Funny...you and Conjurer...have the same IP number...hummmm....
shinkeidei
Just Passing Through

Post by shinkeidei »

Maybe you should grow up & stop defending that retarded douche bag. I've seen him contradict himself & bring up the stupidest shit just to start arguments over & over & over & over.
Man chill out, it's alright just chill. About the picture it could be more of Claudia's image of God than Alessa's, remember this picture is shown in the part of the game Claudia is in control of everything in the alternate world. Anyway I don't think is the God.
"Hello darkness my old friend"
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

-Qwerty- wrote:
JuriDawn wrote:^Is that really necessary?

She's not necessarily defending anyone.
You're wasting space.
If you're just going to complain, then stop posting. No one wants to hear it.

edit: but oooh, same IP? Interesting.

Anyway...
The book itself is only covering the history, so even if the Holy Woman sect doesn't worship Incubus anymore, it's makes sense that it'd still be mentioned. It may still be recent.
But hell, I don't know.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]