A few thoughts & questions, The 21 Sacraments ending.

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

A few thoughts & questions, The 21 Sacraments ending.

Post by Conjurer »

(OBVIOUS SPOILERS!)

I searched around & found only one thread sort of related to what I’m going to bring up but was never really answered & my thread focuses more broadly on the whole ending & not just the death of Frank & the investigators. So...

Everybody who is suffering from heart problems in South Ashfield (or is already dead), was this from Walter? Or the god? Or neither?

How was Walter able to survive long enough to possess Henry even though his body was destroyed? (And he died in all the other endings)

And, when they show the two Walter's in room 302 listening to the radio, is that another reality of room 302? Or is that room 302 in reality? In addition, how was Walter able to get his adult form back?

My last thought, when it mentions in the radio broadcast that a body was found in room 302 disfigured beyond recognition, they said it was believed to be Henry Townshend. But is it really?

A thought occurred to me that maybe the body they found was Walter's corpse because it was disfigured beyond recognition & Henry's body could've vanished like Joseph Schreiber. Maybe that answers how Walter was able to maintain his adult form in the end?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

1. I believe the heart attacks were from Walter.
2. It was Henry's turn to die, and it's not like you can permanently kill a ghost. Either that or Henry was possessed by his grief and/or the spirits of the Apartment.
3. It's the other reality of 302, and Adult Walter apparently regenerated.
4. I guess it is.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

yes they have identified the body as Henry , keep in mind that Walter body behind the wall was already gone b4 end because I spose you were thinking that Walters body was mistaken with Henry.Walters real body was sucked into the portal, to his world.

2 Walters are listening to the radio in the real world room which was totally invaded... but still I believe its not visible for normal ppl so it may be as well Walters reality or they are just ghosts
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's the Otherworld Apartment. Walter's goal was all about "Making a world Mommy would want to wake up to."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

What about the radio saying it links to the events in silent hill a few years ago does this mean south ashfeild will become like silent hill or not? forgive me if im wrong it was just confusing
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, the radio was referring to Walter's original murders, the first ten Sacraments were conducted in or around Silent Hill, and now Walter is killing people in South Ashfeild as a ghost and stuff.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

ah thanks for telling me mate :wink:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im pretty sure it is the body of Henry... He goes through the portal into the other world, and its his apartment he enters but in the alternate world. Cynthia died in the subway, and was found in the subway. Henry died in/under his room in the alternate world and his body was found in his room, like when he wakes up after returning he always appears in bed. its likely the same thing happened but he wasnt alive. i think... :D
Proximo
Just Passing Through

Post by Proximo »

so... uhm... if that was really Henrys body they found...

what killed him?
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, the radio was referring to Walter's original murders, the first ten Sacraments were conducted in or around Silent Hill, and now Walter is killing people in South Ashfeild as a ghost and stuff.
Actually, I believe the radio is referring to the incident where constructors, mayor, and Officer Gucci died mysteriously. Especially, Officer Gucci since he died from a heart failure and the radio mentions residents of South Ashfield Heights suffering from chest pains.

Only four of the first ten Sacraments occurred in Silent Hill.
Proximo wrote:what killed him?
Probably Walter. Like Nightmare on Elm Street maybe.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

Actually, I believe the radio is referring to the incident where constructors, mayor, and Officer Gucci died mysteriously. Especially, Officer Gucci since he died from a heart failure and the radio mentions residents of South Ashfield Heights suffering from chest pains.
That's a very very tenuous link. heart-attack is a fairly common cause of death, even without the interference of evil cultish peoples. It's made fairly clear in SH1 that those apparent heart-attacks were caused by members of the cult when Gucci got too close to their White Claudia operations, while the Mayor and construction workers were responsible for the influx of new residents when the tourist boom occurred, which they also resented. The two aren't related at all.
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

The Necronoir wrote:The two aren't related at all.
How is that "the two aren't related at all" when they are both related to the cult?
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

Don't start playing semantic games, you know that I mean the two aren't related in that one was committed by the original cult, and the latter by Walter.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

The Necronoir wrote:Don't start playing semantic games, you know that I mean the two aren't related in that one was committed by the original cult, and the latter by Walter.
No, I don't know what you mean. Walter was part of the cult. That's a known fact.

If you don't want me to "play semantic games" with you, maybe you should get your facts straight first.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

I'm going to bow out of this discussion if you're going to be obnoxious.

Suffice to say that the original heart attacks were due to the original cult trying to protect its interests in the town, and the ones we hear of in SH4 were due to Walter completing, on his own, the 21 Sacraments. Walter was once a member of one of the cult factions, but that's the only link between them.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

The Necronoir wrote:I'm going to bow out of this discussion if you're going to be obnoxious.
I wasn't being obnoxious, but I did take a little offense when you accused me of "playing semantic games."
Suffice to say that the original heart attacks were due to the original cult trying to protect its interests in the town, and the ones we hear of in SH4 were due to Walter completing, on his own, the 21 Sacraments. Walter was once a member of one of the cult factions, but that's the only link between them.
Then do you think it's talking about the first 10 sacraments as well, then? The list goes like this:

1. Silent Hill
2. Pleasant River
3. Pleasant River
4. Ashfield
5. Ashfield
6. Silent Hill
7. Silent Hill
8. Silent Hill
9. Ashfield
10. Ashfield

Why would the newscaster talk about Silent Hill specifically if an equal amount of victims were murdered in Ashfield?
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

If someone could post a transcript of the radio message and state exactly when it occurs it'd be a big help. But from memory I thought it was referring to the victims who died during the course of the game and lived in the apartment building- ie Richard, Eileen, and Henry. I see I'm going to have to give this another play through and get the bad ending.
Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

Post by Distorted Self-Images »

As i have stated many a, a many a'time this whole endding leads me to believe that silent hill is spread its "well whatever it is" I believe in that ending little walter has used his knew found power to spawn a new Silent Hill haven out of the aparment and has brought "The Room" 302 into the real world which it seems by the ejection of the other tenets and the killing of the owner is trying to change all of the other rooms [and quite basicaly try to make sure no one makes him leave again.]
And as I lived it all the world became to small
And my colors grew colder

" Any one got spare SH cash, please donate"

Why can't we all just let it Burn...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

"And now, the news . . . . Yesterday, in Ashfield and the woods near Silent Hill, the bodies of five apparent murder victims and a sixth severely wounded female were discoveered. The woman was immediately rushed to St. Jerome's Hospital, but died a short time later of her injuries. She has been identified as a Miss Eileen Galvin of Ashfield. The last body discovered was found in Room 302 of the South Ashfield Heights Apartments. It is believed to be that of its occupant, Henry Townshend. . . . The body was reportedly disfigured beyond recognition, making identification impossible.

"Once again, we've got late breaking news . . . . Five unnamed police officers have ben found dead, for reasons unknown, in the South Ashfield Heights Apartments, along with its superintendent, Mr. Frank Sunderland. All other residents of South Ashfield Heights have been rushed to St. Jerome's Hospital, many complaining of severe chest pains. These strange incidents are similar to the ones which occurred in Silent Hill some years ago. More news to follow."

If the newscast was talking about the first Ten Victims, Necronoir, then it would've said it occurred in Silent Hill & Ashfield. Secondly: "Severe chest pains" were not a part of the 10 Sacraments--unless, of course, you consider having your heart removed a "severe chest pain" . . . .

The point is: They weren't talking about those ten murders.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

Post by Distorted Self-Images »

00000 wrote:
If the newscast was talking about the first Ten Victims, Necronoir, then it would've said it occurred in Silent Hill & Ashfield. Secondly: "Severe chest pains" were not a part of the 10 Sacraments--unless, of course, you consider having your heart removed a "severe chest pain" . . . .

The point is: They weren't talking about those ten murders.
Whoops i thought that Silent Hill orginaly started with victim's of servere chest pain, not the first ten sacraments.

......swing and a'miss
And as I lived it all the world became to small
And my colors grew colder

" Any one got spare SH cash, please donate"

Why can't we all just let it Burn...