Favourite Level?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

SpearOfDestiny
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Favourite Level?

Post by SpearOfDestiny »

In your opinion, what's the best level in SH2, personally mine is the blue creek apartments. Nothing compares with the first time you see Pyramid Head behind the bars, that freaked me out for days to come. :shock:
Last edited by SpearOfDestiny on 14 Jan 2009, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7513/spearofdestinysigyd7.gif[/img]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DancinMonkeh][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/DancinMonkeh.gif[/img][/url]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Agreed, first time I saw him, I was like "wtf is that?!". The ones that stick out in my mind the most is the Toluca Prison/Labyrinth or the Lakeview Hotel. Both places were very integral to the story and were just very powerful is about the only way I can describe it.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
silenthillish3
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillish3 »

the part that really tripped me out was angela in the mirror room fuckin shit i thought she was gonna like attack me with her "theres a red sustance on this?" knife :o
hahaha another more serious part was when the f ing pyramid head was chasin me thru the hall in hospital, me just minding my own business hittin maria with a plank, and this fuckin big mother fuckin comes outta no where almost made me pee
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I'd have to say, in the flooded lower areas of the Labyrinth, because you can run into Pyramid Head, and he can hurt you badly, and you are given no warning that he's prowling about.
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

I like the Lakeview Hotel and the Blue Creek Apartments.
I like the Apartments because it is when really freaky shit starts to happen, you hear sounds that aren't there,, you're walking around in the dark, you don't really know what lays around the corner, PH pop out of nowhere and kills people, you meet the other lost souls, and it the first time you get to fight PH.
I also like the Hotel for it's surreal nightmare that you have to go through, you see what really killed Mary, you get to kill two PH, and you get to watch a freaky movie (ending).
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
Xev

Post by Xev »

Oooh! the water in the labyrinth looks so cool to me!

I think my fav is Brookhaven. The whole level was complicated to me, and the scenes very scary. It all leads to a climactic ending with pyramid head chasing then... Magdalene. It was a strange kind of peace indeed first hearing that song and running around the halls of the hospital all closed up.
pepazdepa
Just Passing Through

Post by pepazdepa »

i liked the labyrinth a lot, but mainly that graveyard down there with those tombs of Walter and main trio. Always freaks me out when i go there, and following...Eddie in a refrigerator room :)
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

brookhaven hospital and rest shs hospitals ownz mighty asses
Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

I get an uncomfortable feeling from the apartment levels. I don't know why that is but I do not like the apartment level. My favorite is either the hotel or the hospital. I can't decide which one I like better. Some of my favorite spots were just the parts when walking around the town.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

Toluca and Lakeview baby.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I enjoyed the Labyrinth the most (the Eddie encounter aside - my least favourite part of the game), but the Hospital made me the most uncomfortable.
Chiselgrind
Just Passing Through

Post by Chiselgrind »

I think I like the hospital most, that's a creepy place. However, the sounds in the old prison rocks. All that banging metal and the chanting above the cells and stuff.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/Chiselgrind/ghostback3.jpg[/img]
Varg6

Post by Varg6 »

I liked the hotel the most. I thought it was the greatest atmospheric part of the whole game. It was quite revealing too, which was great, I played this game to know what happened to James!!!
Det Som Engang Var...
BarbwireEmbrace
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by BarbwireEmbrace »

My favorites are Bluecreek Apartments, Toluca Prison and Lakeview Hotel.

The apartments were freaky to me because I never knew what was around the next corner. The prison creeped me out because of that creature saying what it said over and over. The hotel had a nice atmosphere to it. I particularly loved it when it went dark.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

alone in the town wrote:I'd have to say, in the flooded lower areas of the Labyrinth, because you can run into Pyramid Head, and he can hurt you badly, and you are given no warning that he's prowling about.
I completely agree with you here. All I could hear were footsteps & thinking that its just some weak baddie, run around the corner & right into Pyramid Head & his lovely spear! That freeked me out pretty badly.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

Mine would have to be The Hotel.
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
mondo
Just Passing Through

Post by mondo »

The hotel was my favourite. Compared to the other 3 games in the series, the hotel is by far the least disturbing and calming last stage in any of the silent hill games. Which actually adds to the pathos of the characters' situations.
silenthell88

Post by silenthell88 »

I love the hotel and prison. I also love the mansion in the Maria game.
Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

How could I forget the prison. Now that I think about it I would have to say that it was my favorite level out of any of the games.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

Easily the Hotel. It's just so calm and mellow. Easily the most atmospheric level in the game.
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."