James's clemency (Spoilers).

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Re: James' clemency (Spoilers).

Post by Cujos13th »

I liked most of your theory but I assumed that the rape scene between the Pyramid Head and the manikins was because of Angela past.Its not long after the rape scene and their is the cut scene with Angela and her knife.In fact,could the Pyramid Head be entirely related Angela's dad and not James.Or maybe this is what James and Angela have in common because Angela said "even momma said it I deserve what happened" So maybe the Pyramid Head represent what both James and Angela feel is justice.
Okay I might completely screw this up but...isn't that impossible because of the frames of reality. How each person in Silent Hill sees something different. Like the doorman how James and Angela see it as completely different, and like how Laura cant see the monsters.
So...the Alamo
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Re: James' clemency (Spoilers).

Post by Death&silence »

Cujos13th wrote:
I liked most of your theory but I assumed that the rape scene between the Pyramid Head and the manikins was because of Angela past.Its not long after the rape scene and their is the cut scene with Angela and her knife.In fact,could the Pyramid Head be entirely related Angela's dad and not James.Or maybe this is what James and Angela have in common because Angela said "even momma said it I deserve what happened" So maybe the Pyramid Head represent what both James and Angela feel is justice.
Okay I might completely screw this up but...isn't that impossible because of the frames of reality. How each person in Silent Hill sees something different. Like the doorman how James and Angela see it as completely different, and like how Laura cant see the monsters.
Thats true and the producers seems to want to make the point that Eddie did not see the red Pyramid Head in the apartments.James had asked him and he said he did not see a red Pyramid thing.
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

Yeah and if PH was Angela's reality then he wouldn't be running around chasing James and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
killing maria over and over and over again
So...the Alamo
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

While that is true, perhaps Angela saw a version of the Pyramid Head in her version of Silent Hill. I mean, in the same room with the door creature thingy, they both saw two totally different things. James saw Pyramid Head the way we see him, since we play as James. Perhaps Eddie and Angela saw Pyramid Head as something different. So when James asked Eddie if he saw that red pyramid thing, Eddie would not have seen him that way, but maybe he saw him as something else, like his step father or something. And maybe Angela saw him as a member of her family or something. I may be way off base with that, but it is something to think about.
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

That would make sense, theres still the possibility that like Maria other people couldn't see him, or that he didn't want to be seen by other people.
So...the Alamo
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Very true. I often wonder just what the other characters saw about the town. I mean, we never know if Angela ever saw Laura, but we know Eddie, Maria, and James did. It doesn't look like anyone else ever saw Maria, because she was never with James when he ran into the other characters. Did Eddie ever see Angela? Did Laura?
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

yeah, i don't think that Laura ever saw Maria, because she would have mentioned something about her uncanny resemblance to Mary and it wasn't possible for the others to see her.

But yeha...i guess were left to assuming that they never saw Angela, who know maybe Laura said something and made her all suicidal in the mirror room. Maybe Eddie was just the person she need to see, he could have told her that its okay to kill people that its fun or something thing like that. But from the way the story goes I think that is was better off people not seeing each other that it added to the loneliness .
So...the Alamo
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Yeah, but it always amused me how some people saw each other and others didn't. Maybe Eddie knew Laura somehow and that's why he could see her. Maybe because deep down Angela was still a child herself, or rather had her childhood innocense ripped away from her, maybe that is why she never saw Laura. I definately don't think anyone besides James ever saw Maria.
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

Yeah, but I would think the "Town" would have made it so that people who could have an impact on the path that someone was going couldn't see each other.
So...the Alamo
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except that's EXACTLY what it does. James and Eddie, James and Laura, Maria and Ernest...

It BRINGS TOGETHER people so they can affect each other's destinies.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

What about Angela?
I don't think anyone (except a family member) could really change her destiny.
But then again if James hadn't taken the knife then she might have committed suicide.
But its still separates certain people. So it does both, Bring people together and separates people.
So...the Alamo
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, it doesn't really seperate, since no one can really meet up by default unless Silent Hill makes it possible, so all it does is connect, and it only connects if there's a reason for it. It links people for having things in common, such as James and Laura both knowing Mary, and Eddie, Angela, and James all being murderers.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Very true. In essence, none of the people James met up with never needed to meet up with each other at all to further their own destinies. That is why it still confuses me a bit as to why Eddie was able to see Laura.
mrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by mrow »

I figured that it was just chance that everyone came to town. They all just happened to have something about them that was drawn to town like a moth to a flame, there wasn't anything predestined or premeditated about it.

Something I find interesting about Silent Hill 2 is that in the other games the monsters come from outside conjurers and in this game the conjuerer has to be James. The fact that James must fight his inner demons made manifest helps me to sympathize with him. In any other location James would just be a guy suffering from a psychotic break after killing his wife, but because he is in Silent Hill he must fight creatures who are trapped in staitjackets made of their own skins, nurses with masses of flesh where their faces should be, and freuding mannikens. Not to mention Pyramid Head himself.
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

In any other location James would just be a guy suffering from a psychotic break after killing his wife,

The way I see it, James was more or less psychologically broken during his entire journey.
mrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by mrow »

Yep, what I meant was that in another place he would just be a guy who is suffering a breakdown, but in Silent Hill he gets the wonderful bonus of horrible monsters and a creature that resembles his dead wife, only as a stripper.
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

imagine if james didnt care about what happened to mary
this would change the overall plot?
HARK, do you not hear the voices,
they are only audible if you listen first
cactus
Just Passing Through

Post by cactus »

it was amazing that u could write that much and have it all make sense without any holes in it.
A bath, oh no!
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

yes
HARK, do you not hear the voices,
they are only audible if you listen first
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

imagine if james didnt care about what happened to mary
this would change the overall plot?
It's called the Maria Ending.