Do People Live In The Town?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Do People Live In The Town?

Post by Cujos13th »

My question is do people live in Silent Hill during the events of Restless Dreams?

Ive searched to see if this question was brought up and it was but there wasn't really and answer and then i spent 2 hours reading through one that went from the different worlds to Heather' abortion of the God >_<

If this has already been answered could you direct me to the link. It would be greatly appreciated. ^__^
So...the Alamo
Rastek
Just Passing Through

Post by Rastek »

They do. Lawlz.
Wait wHile thEse Rats End themselves And tomoRrow wE maY hOld oUr hands
(?)
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

Rastek wrote:They do. Lawlz.
No they don't this after silent hill one after all.If the town was abandon right before the events in silent hill one and silent hill took place some time in the 70s.I would think that silent hill 2 take place some where in between silent hill and silent hill 3 late eighty's to early 90s would be my guess.
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

>_< But wait..the town wasn't abandoned before the events of...cause if i recall Cybil was talking to an officer in Silent Hill at the beginning of the game. (We don't hear the conversation but thats the reason she came to the town)
I think your time periods are off...
So...the Alamo
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

Death&silence wrote:No they don't this after silent hill one after all.If the town was abandon right before the events in silent hill one and silent hill took place some time in the 70s.I would think that silent hill 2 take place some where in between silent hill and silent hill 3 late eighty's to early 90s would be my guess.
I'm having a hard time understanding that. Where are you going with this?

Anyway, events of SH1 happened in the early 80's, SH2 mid 90's, SH3 2000.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill isn't abandoned. What the audience sees an alternate reality, of sorts, that is a reflection of reality: the people are there, in reality.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

James isn't the sharpest hammer in the toolshed, but I think even he isn't stupid enough to go on vacation with his wife to a town that's abandoned, bombed-out, torn apart and filled with undead monsters.

Just a hunch.
Cujos13th
Just Passing Through

Post by Cujos13th »

Thanx, I was pretty sure it wasn't abandoned too, i just read some dude counterargument and yeah I wanted to make sure.
So...the Alamo
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

It's only abandoned in the movie. dfchfr!
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
CherryHoleGrrrl
Just Passing Through

Post by CherryHoleGrrrl »

news to me.. i really thought it was abandoned! nuts.
Teja
Just Passing Through

Post by Teja »

Think like in SH4. you can see life in the apartments from your window but when you go there its abandoned. (and this is when its normal, the first time round, not when its populated by twin victims..they dont count..) So its only your character who sees it so empty even though there really are ppl there..
**just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me..**
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

Um I still think it is abandoned.It is obvious James want on the vacation with his wife before it was abandoned.I think the first silent hill takes place in the 70s and I think that it IS DURING THE TIME THAT IT BECAME ABANDONED.Because lisa was knock out and Dr.Kaufmann fell asleep (lol).Then they both wake up and its like WTF happened hence that at this very moment silent hill became abandoned.In other word I think had harry arrive at silent hill a day before everything would have been fine.then every thing quickly went to hell.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill 1 takes place in the early '80s. Go take a look at my timeline in the General Discussion forum.

And, even if you don't: Silent Hill isn't abandoned.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, Kaufman, Lisa, and everyone else woke up in the Alternate Silent Hill.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

This has been talked about for awhile, but people still seem to always get it wrong. Kind of like the misconception about Sammael.
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, Kaufman, Lisa, and everyone else woke up in the Alternate Silent Hill.
YES that was at the very moment silent hill became cursed there fore proving my theory as fact.Silent hill became abandoned after this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>there fore proving my theory as fact.
Oh . . . yeah?

The developers have stated that Silent Hill 3 occurs seventeen years after Silent Hill 1. They've also stated that Silent Hill 4 occurs ten years after Silent Hill 2. To accompany that, they've stated that Silent Hill 4 occurs a few after Silent Hill 3.

By my research, and these facts, I've established that Silent Hill 2 takes place eleven years after Silent Hill 1. James & Mary visited the town three years earlier, in 1991. That means they took a trip to an abandoned city--a city that had been abandoned for eight years. That's wrong. That is hopelessly illogical. It is also, then, impossible to asseverate that Silent Hill has been abandoned since the events of Silent Hill 1.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

St. Thomas wrote:>there fore proving my theory as fact.
Oh . . . yeah?

The developers have stated that Silent Hill 3 occurs seventeen years after Silent Hill 1. They've also stated that Silent Hill 4 occurs ten years after Silent Hill 2. To accompany that, they've stated that Silent Hill 4 occurs a few after Silent Hill 3.

By my research, and these facts, I've established that Silent Hill 2 takes place eleven years after Silent Hill 1. James & Mary visited the town three years earlier, in 1991. That means they took a trip to an abandoned city--a city that had been abandoned for eight years. That's wrong. That is hopelessly illogical. It is also, then, impossible to asseverate that Silent Hill has been abandoned since the events of Silent Hill 1.
Dude your math is f*cked.you have silent hill 3 being 17 plus years which is correct and you have silent hill 4 being a few (2) more years after.so

17+2=19

Now take out ten for silent hill 2

19-10=9

you have nine NOT ELEVEN YEARS.This is not a hopelessly illogical it is the only logic.Come now I know some body has to agree with me.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill 3 = 2000

Plus a few years, we'll say 4 because that's when it was released, and also 4 because of the notes I've mentioned in my timeline, which you've evidently failed to take note of:

Silent Hill 4 = 2004

subtract 10:

Silent Hill 2 = 1994

subtract 17 from SH3:

Silent Hill 1 = 1983

add 11:

Silent Hill 2 = 1994

>Dude your math is f*cked.
So. What were you saying?

Either way you dissect it, even if you want to put Silent Hill 2 nine years after Silent Hill 1 (incorrectly): James & Mary did not, would not, visit an abandoned town. End of story.

Dude.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
tylerdurden2236
Just Passing Through

Post by tylerdurden2236 »

St.Thomas nailed it. What he says makes sense, why would James and Mary visit an abandoned town for their holiday.