"Let me burn"

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Tears of...
Just Passing Through

"Let me burn"

Post by Tears of... »

When Travis dicovered Alessa's chared and burnt body, she opens her eyes and cries out :"Let me burn". From this line, and the events of silent Hill 1, did alessa really want god to be born? Did she want to die when Travis was about to save her? What was going through her mind at the time?

I often wonder what her real intensions were when she said that line, maybe the game will let us find out??
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

maybe she thought it was too late for her not to die
Power and chaos!
HammeringInMyHead

Post by HammeringInMyHead »

Maybe it wasn't Alessa, but Incubus.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

HammeringInMyHead wrote:Maybe it wasn't Alessa, but Incubus.
The incubus wants to be born, not die inside her body........ithink??
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

HammeringInMyHead

But Alessa had to be burn to let Incubus be born.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

HammeringInMyHead wrote:But Alessa had to be burn to let Incubus be born.
Mmmm.......that does bring up a good valid point.... :o i didn't even catch that :wink: good point of view

BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

did alessa really want god to be born?

Not particularly. She went along with it because her mother told her to, and even then she was hesitant. She just wanted to please, and be with, her mother. Though she probably did have some rudimentary belief in the cult's teachings.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

she didnt want to suffer any more. if she had just burned the god inside of her would have died with her. they needed to keep her alive to feed god with pain and suffering. PERSONALLY I would rather just die instead of being a tortured burn victim for seven years
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
HammeringInMyHead

«they needed to keep her alive to feed god with pain and suffering»

I don't understand, I mean, surely the god was being feed by Alessa's pain, but Dahlia's intentions was to keep her in the house and let her burn, right? It didn't happen anyway, a guy got there and saved Alessa, I'm not sure she had to be taken out of fire before she totally burned down.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

who knows what dahlias intentions were and who knows what would have happened if allessa just deid. no one knows because it didnt happen. maybe dahlia was planning to save her at the last second. as I said no one knows because it didnt happen
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
HammeringInMyHead

«who knows what would have happened if allessa just deid»
«if she had just burned the god inside of her would have died with her»

I'm just saying that it probably didn't happened as Dahlia wanted it to, because some part of Alessa's spirirt escaped as the ritual wasn't entirely successful, the ritual kept in a suspended state. I think Dahlia wanted to give her daughter as a sacrifice.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

>>I think Dahlia wanted to give her daughter as a sacrifice.
no the original plan was to burn her to the point of near death. I believe that the reason the soul escaped was because when travis found her she wasnt near death just severly burned. hence 'let me burn'
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

who knows what dahlias intentions were

Anyone who was paying attention knows what her intentions were.

To have Alessa birth god, reshape the world and gain power for herself.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

alessa wanted that much power?
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Mandiran16 wrote:PERSONALLY I would rather just die instead of being a tortured burn victim for seven years
That would not be possible. Yes you would want to die, but remeber in SH1 dahlia used a magic spell to keep her alive in a endless nightmare. So that the other half or her soul (cherel) would here her crys and pain and be drawn back to her.
oO?
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

alessa wanted that much power?

No. Dahlia did.

You misunderstood what I said.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

that what i thought.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

so youre saying that she was using that spell when she was burning her alive. sounds like an assumption to me
>>Anyone who was paying attention knows what her intentions were.
To have Alessa birth god, reshape the world and gain power for herself.
I wasnt talking about her overall plan. I was talking about the burning of the child. whether or not she was just going pull her out of the fire at the last second or what. Im just saying its impossible for us to know because travis showed up
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sh#1fan wrote:
Mandiran16 wrote:PERSONALLY I would rather just die instead of being a tortured burn victim for seven years
That would not be possible. Yes you would want to die, but remeber in SH1 dahlia used a magic spell to keep her alive in a endless nightmare. So that the other half or her soul (cherel) would here her crys and pain and be drawn back to her.
If I recalled correctly, Dahlia said that after alessa was burnt....we see that cutsee in the last section of Nowhere....Dahlia, Kaufman, and two other doctors were huddled over alessa's already burnt body and discussing where to go next since the ritual was half complete.......therefore it could be possible that alessa wanted to die right there and then instead of being a burnt victim for 7 years....
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

the fact that Alessa say's "Let me burn" Shows that she did not want the god to be born.... Dahlia's intentions would to cause suffering.. and to sacrafice her daughter.. in order to release her soul.. at least.. that's the way it seems to me.. however you all make a good point in your comments.. but "Let me burn" is a good brain teaser for sure..
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!