Problems with Silent Hill on PS3

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

butters
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by butters »

^It's all games, at least mine. Keep it.
Myrrh Macho Sehr Gacho
Furin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Furin »

haha, yeah good point I wouldnt buy a PS3 to Play SH1. :P

Give it time, they'll patch it.
http://silenthill5.net/

[url=http://silenthill5.net/forums/]Silent Hill V forums[/url]
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

There's actually a pretty simple way around this sound defect. From what I've seen, the sound will only trigger when you shoot an air screamer.. Everything else is normal.. So here's what you do:

1. Play till the Cafe to the point where you have to kill the air screamer to escape. The sound will ring and it will be annoying as hell so you might want to turn down your tv volume.
2. Go to the notepad in the Cafe and save your data to a virtual memory card.
3. Use the L1+L2+R1+R2+START+SELECT (all at once) command to exit to the main menu.
4. Load the game you just saved.
5. DON'T SHOOT AIR SCREAMERS.

I've tested most of the other creatures and their sound is fine.
I mean, it's simple enough to just use a PS2, but for those who HAVE to have just one
console.. Hope this helps.

:FUNNY EDIT:
I just noticed a funny sound glitch.. Shooting dogs with the shotgun causes a closing gate sound!

:LESS FUNNY EDIT:
The monotone noise glitch also applies to the first nightmare version of the dogs (there are no sound glitches in the second, outside dark SH section.) Oddly enough though, it only happens when you shoot them with your pistol. The shotgun works fine. Shooting any creature with any weapon in dark Silent Hill will cause a motor-like sound. Shooting the hanged scratchers results in a high-pitched, low volume sound.

:ANNOYING EDIT:
Shooting the moth boss results in a high pitched version of the town siren. Kind of funny, but mostly annoying.

:UNDERWHELMING EDIT:
Actually, that was it. Everything else was normal, even the Alessa boss (I got the bad+ ending because I speedrun'd it.)

So there you go.
Last edited by SteveSilent on 30 Apr 2007, edited 1 time in total.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

Scarlet wrote:I'm buying PS3 because I've already pre-ordered Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy XIII. Since all the games will be released no sooner than 2008, I have plenty of time to buy the console. Maybe by then the price will drop and the software is working nicely.
Lets follow the model of the PS2 price down. In my area, the PS2 didn't go down in price until almost TWO YEARS after launch. unfortunatly, SONY will ass rape the customer until the sales start going down. Even if the Blue Ray component gets manufactured cheaper.
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Dr. Loomis wrote:well, at least I know now that I should hold on to my PS2. Any way you could take some pictures to show what it looks like on the PS3?
I also wants to see how bloody awful it looks, can someone take the time to do this?
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Whoomp wrote:
Dr. Loomis wrote:well, at least I know now that I should hold on to my PS2. Any way you could take some pictures to show what it looks like on the PS3?
I also wants to see how bloody awful it looks, can someone take the time to do this?
Any non HD game looks pretty crappy on a HDTV. It has nothing to do with the Playstation itself, PS2 and PS3 backwards compatible games look identical. The HD screen amplifies the imperfections that were hidden by standard, non-HD televisions. Moral? SH 1-4 look better on standard. Silent Hill 5 on the other hand.... :P
Maxi3D
Just Passing Through

Sound Problem not fixed yet!!

Post by Maxi3D »

As of Aug. 21, 2007, software update version 1.90 has not fixed the problem with the sound on SH 1 and I don't think it will ever get fixed. :( Why don't they just remake the damn thing.
Dark-Dx
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark-Dx »

1.80 has a smoothing feature, if you guys have problems with silent hill try to change the settings, it looks a lot way better
DemonicD
Just Passing Through

Noise

Post by DemonicD »

To end the noise go into your invintory and switch to a different weapon then leave the invintory. I know that this sucks switching weapons but it dose seem to work, and all I have is a PS3. Besides you don't get the glitch ever time you fire your gun it's random. Hope this helps :)
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

In my personal opinion I think its always best to wait a while before getting next gen consoles. Two years after the dreamcast came out i got one for under $30. I got an xbox for $59. If you have a computer you can usually keep yourself entertained playing games on it. didn't the 360 have problems at first if you played king kong on a non high def tv? or like the ps3 using blue rays while the 360 uses hi def dvds? whose to say is going to win it out and who is gonna go the way of the dodo? (or beta max) The only reason that ps3 is maybe worth the ungodly price of it is the blue ray movie player and the backwards compatabillity. The 360 should be too but NOOOoo.. (damn you bIllard GaTesway)
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
Cactusgod
Just Passing Through

Post by Cactusgod »

I wanted to bring this up again because I too have just begun to experience this. The first time I fired a gun in the Cafe, there was this horrifying buzzing sound. Naturally I like to keep the game on a louder volume for the fear factor, but this kinda ruins that haha. One thing I tried to do, and don't know if it actually works, is that I've turned off smoothing. So far, I havent experience the glitch but I found out that it is indeed random.

Also, one other thing I found out. On the PSN version of Silent Hill, the one you can download for your PS3, I've heard reports of this glitch happening as well, more specifically on the final boss fight. Therefore, I have to say that, as of December 28 2009, the glitch is still there. I suppose its probably not going to get fixed either, but I do find it interesting that it happens with a downloadable game...
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

The same happens to me :(
DarkMatter
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarkMatter »

I got the buzzing sound when I fired a gun in
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the fight with Cybil.
But that only happened once and hasn't happened to me since.
RiversEnd
Just Passing Through

Post by RiversEnd »

I brought it over to a friend's house and it happened all the way through the school.

It's reason #321 I'm boycotting the PS3.
"So you don't wanna hear about my good friends?
So you don't have the guts to take the truth or consequence,
Success is in the eye of the beholder,
And it's looking even better over your cold shoulder."
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

Maybe get a second hand PS1 or PS2, there very cheap these days.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

^ Yeah, you can get a PS2 new for about a hundred bucks, or used at Gamestop [like mine was] for around $70ish. However, I'm not sure where you'd find a psone, aside from the Internet maybe. The last time I ever got a used psone from a Gamestop was when I was around 16, and I know they don't carry them or the games any more.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

You're right, You don't see them much. Although a pawn shop in my area still carries a few for about $20 or so. Maybe he or she could buy it of the psn store?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Zombie Thread: Go.

As of April 25th, 2010, the glitch still isn't fixed.
Charming.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I bought the $5 PSone Classic port off of the Playstation network and love it
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

The loud buzzing of the handgun didn't happen to me until I used it to defeat the final boss...really kinda screwed up the whole experience for me. First I blasted her with the shotgun, then I had to resort to using the handgun and of course this really loud cacophonous noise came out of no where and the music and sound kinda drifted slowly into silence. Didn't get to hear the ending dialogue or the music playing during the credits. This was my first playthrough of the game also.

I too bought my version through the playstation store, so apparently it is not exclusive to the disk version.