Things that annoy you the most?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Jon Mason
Just Passing Through

Things that annoy you the most?

Post by Jon Mason »

Like the title says, what part in this game made you wanna break something? For me, the ghosts, but I've already said that.
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

I haven't played the whole game yet but I suppose there can't be anything more annoying than the ghosts..
Power and chaos!
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

the inventory system, lack of interesting characters or storyline... oh, and having to go through every level over again with the added fun of more ghosts and a babysitting job of annoyingly brainless AI known as eileen.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Post by IamDemensentis »

The trouble of going through the levels two times, the ghosts and the "Let's-collect-bodyparts in forest world 2nd time!" ..Argh!
Mannen i svart sprang, och revolvermannnen följde efter. - Det Mörka Tornet 1

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

"Ah! Global warming went up 10%, just as wanted!"
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

If you don't mind me asking, isn't there a thread similar to this one?
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Going back and forth from apartment to worlds.
Aileen following.
The stupid fucking ghosts.
Not being able to take in the scenery due to the stupid fucking ghosts.
Haunted wheelchairs.
Dogs in the forest world.
Wall monsters.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
ProfessorScience
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ProfessorScience »

Jeez, everyone hated those damn ghosts, and I am no exception!
"You're gonna die,
We're all gonna die.
Could be 20 years, could be tonight.
Lately I have been wondering why,
We go to so much trouble to postpone the unavoidable,
And prolong the pain of being alive."
-Priests and Paramedics, Pedro the Lion
(I'm not even remotely depressed, I just really like that song)
Cadiel
Just Passing Through

Post by Cadiel »

ProfessorScience wrote:Jeez, everyone hated those damn ghosts, and I am no exception!
Yeah, they really screwed things up. I don't know what the developers had in mind for them, but if it was to give beginners an anxiety attack, it worked for me the first time. Seemed like there was no escape and it made me jittery as hell trying to figure things out without hitting the pause button. After a bit, though, it loses that function and just reverts to a nuisance that slows the game down. Walter probably fits in this category too, but he's not as common, so I don't mind him.

Ghosts: terrible idea. That's the only problem I had with SH4, though. I was pretty fond of everything else. I didn't mind the limited inventory; it gave me a chance to head back to the apartment where I could pick up new memos. The storyline interested me more than the gameplay, so, I was actually kind of thankful for that.
Jmds
Just Passing Through

Post by Jmds »

That would definitely be having to wait for Eileen to follow me.. after a while of playing I got used to it, but the first time I ever played this game, I probably died at least 3 times because she kept getting stuck everywhere. x_X
quietsky
Just Passing Through

Post by quietsky »

Babysitting Eileen. I remember yelling at the screen telling her to hurry up! I don't care if she was a bit handicapped. XD
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/automode/reichan-1.png[/img]
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

quietsky wrote:Babysitting Eileen. I remember yelling at the screen telling her to hurry up! I don't care if she was a bit handicapped. XD
Agree. And trying to get a sword in them was a bit of a pain.
And like everyone else-- the stupid ghosts.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
Jon Mason
Just Passing Through

Post by Jon Mason »

I actually think that Eileen is pretty useful, unless there's a few ghosts in the area, then she just freezes. She's WAY better than Ashley Graham, you have to agree with that.
el_diablito
Just Passing Through

Post by el_diablito »

the wall creature puzzle thoroughly pissed me off. this is the only silent hill game that i used cheats on.
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

The "unfinished" gameplay(bah,I want destruction,oblivion,ARMAGEDDON!!!This is already the fourth game,it's supposed to have better gameplay than SH3 not the other way around :evil: ).Slightly uninspired monster designs.Too much fetch-questing(which is caused by the limited inventory space).No darkness/flashlight.No radio(not counting the one in the room :P ).Only one bossfight(Walter and the ghosts are just there to run away from them).The bleeding/burning/whatever-the-hell-is-moving-there walls are gone(except for those in the last level,which look much worse than SH3,still cool though).

I actually liked having Eileen by my side.Through time she started to get posessed and knowing that I have to get her outta there and yet at the same time seeing her get worse and worse,bleeding all over her body and screaming weird words made me uneasy.I mean,Im here to save her and yet I have to be careful of her aswell.THATS kinda creepy.The last boss(the one I have to kill with the spears,not Walter)was awsome.Fighting Walter was kinda non-dramatic,weird and retarded.Ghosts were cool aswell.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

el_diablito wrote:the wall creature puzzle thoroughly pissed me off. this is the only silent hill game that i used cheats on.
Wall creature puzzle?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I must be the only person on the planet who had no trouble with the ghosts.

Seriously, you can beat the crap out of them, stomp them a few times, and they'll leave you alone for the duration of each level without having to use one of the swords.

On-topic: probably Eileen. Although I thought she was cute when she'd go after enemies that hit her, having to drag her along can be frustrating.
Rave_the_tainted
Just Passing Through

Post by Rave_the_tainted »

The Walkin Dude wrote:I must be the only person on the planet who had no trouble with the ghosts.
They didn't bother me none, so you're not alone. I just run past them(except for victims 16-19, I pin those bitches down :twisted: ). They're not that bad, I had more trouble with the ridiculously-fast Sniffer dogs...

I was annoyed most by the Hummers though, because even when you try to run from them, they stun you, letting all the other monsters in the area give you a beating.
All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way -- a fallen knight
-Otherworld

[url=http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/silenthill/]Silent Hill Showdown[/url] at fullyramblomatic.com
Jon Mason
Just Passing Through

Post by Jon Mason »

Let me rephrase my main annoyance...

The ghost, when you're trying to protect Eileen after already having to restart the game 'cause she was too damaged to be saved. Seriously, if I didn't give a crap about Eileen, the ghosts would be a breeze. But since I personally like her, I protect her, much as I would in real life. If that were actually happening of course.
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

I really didn't like the combat as much, and the inventory selection was quite bad. I think those are the two things that really upset me about this one, oh and the lack of darkness. They needed to keep the flashlight, it's a must, they really messed up there.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Rave_the_tainted wrote:
The Walkin Dude wrote:I must be the only person on the planet who had no trouble with the ghosts.
They didn't bother me none, so you're not alone. I just run past them(except for victims 16-19, I pin those bitches down :twisted: ). They're not that bad, I had more trouble with the ridiculously-fast Sniffer dogs...
same. i'd always just run or axe the ghosts a few times to keep them down. i only used the sword of obedience twice, once richard's ghost... and the other guy, the one you had to get the key from. it wasn't that useful to me. sniffer dogs were easily more annoying. i liked killing hummers though, especially on the outside of the water prison/that big area near the end of building world. axing them and watching them fall all the way down with a splat was amusing.

oh, another thing... was the game meant to have only 2D controls? that was really dumb too, along with the non-darkness.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.