SH5 EGM SCANS new pics and info plus Alex's face!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

White Claudia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

SH5 EGM SCANS new pics and info plus Alex's face!

Post by White Claudia »

I have yet to read it myself but the pics look promising I like the look of Alex,but a few monsters are iffy especialy the split faced monster...whaaa??...i want robbie back!!!

http://silenthill5.net/
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

Well, it looks good.
I loved this phrase:

It would seem The Collective is very honored to be working on Silent Hill 5 and rightfully so. After Konami announced they were passing on the developer work to an outside company, it was discovered that quite a few developers wanted to work on the IP. In the end, these other developers were "scared" out of doing such an ambitious title.

Because it is so true!
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

The article contains almost only good news imho:

- radio and torch
- better AI with possibility to distract enemies with the use of light (enemies can break out doors too)
- improved combat system (several kinds of attack)
- visiting Shepherd's Glen and Silent Hill
- psychological plot, unrelated to the past events (like SH2)
- havoc physical engine
- much more epic boss fights
- puzzles
- multiple endings
- highly explorative and brainy gameplay, though linear plot

They seem to care about the fans and promise this won't be a shooter / action oriented game at all. Yamaoka is there as a consultant and sound designer, obviously.

The movie appears to have influences on this: some screenshots remind Gans' work, for instance the nurses are identical; there's ash in the fog, there's fog outside SH (Shepherd's Glen). They also promise to implement dynamical switching of the ambient to the reversed side - like it happens in the school in the movie.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
2nd gig

Post by 2nd gig »

I already have this on the SHMedia section.
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

This topic is already being discussed here, http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13073
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I was one of the doubters... i'm a believer now after seeing those screens.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

Who else said the graphics sucked? Its just mind blowing that people judged this game on 2 little screens and a teaser trailer introduced/read by Ortell. Now we have an article and a bunch of screens that look amazing. Its also using the Havok engine which also looks great to begin with.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

No, people were going off the three previous crappy screens, the dull trailer, peoples own not so great SH4:TR experience, plus the fact that a new team was working on the game.

Their showing at E3 wasn't impressive at all. these screens and details are. Had this bit of info been released at E3, i don't believe anyone (including myself) would've doubted the Collective nor the game's possibilities. anyhow, all is right now. i can't imagine anyone having anymore negative thoughts regarding this 5th installment.
Pyramid Hunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Hunter »

this is starting to look promising! EXPECT REALTIME WOUNDS!!!!! that sounds awesome! just think, hitting onemonster over the head with a sledgehammer, and his head caves in! or, cut somethings arm off! or, hit something with a broom, and when the broom breaks, impale it with the pointy end! imagine teh possibilities, people! you could even set traps!!!! :mrgreen:
this is gonna be AWESOME!!!
Ya' know, if you keep looking at Pyramid Head, you're destined to see red.

JUST FUCKING RUN!!!!!
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

god those nurses look awesome! I love that they used the movie version, I hope it has some of the similar moves with the crazy jerky movements.

Man those screen shots look good, that game looks sick and I can only imagine it getting even better looking as development continues.

YAY! Silent Hill 5 is real!!! :lol:
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

2nd gig wrote:I already have this on the SHMedia section.
This is news as well as media, so I think we can leave this topic open. :wink:
EGM wrote:Along the way, a spunky female friend named Elle will aid Alex on his quest. It's not clear whether she's a playable character or simply an A.I.-controlled ally, but she seems to combine the streetwise sexiness of SH2's Maria with the relatable girl-next-door cuteness of SH3 heroine Heather.
Y'know, it's funny. I was just thinking to myself the other day that what Silent Hill really needs is spunky girls. . .
DarKerry
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarKerry »

Hmmm... It looks promising enough. Let us pray that it's not hype...

:withholds comments until the actual game has been released.: You know how things are... nothing's in stone until the fat lady sings.
Animals are at their most fearsome when they are cornered and afraid...
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

Skele wrote:No, people were going off the three previous crappy screens, the dull trailer, peoples own not so great SH4:TR experience, plus the fact that a new team was working on the game.

Their showing at E3 wasn't impressive at all. these screens and details are. Had this bit of info been released at E3, i don't believe anyone (including myself) would've doubted the Collective nor the game's possibilities. anyhow, all is right now. i can't imagine anyone having anymore negative thoughts regarding this 5th installment.

Sorry, three...but, there were people in one of the other threads saying the graphics were horrible, too bright, blah blah blah. The game ISN'T done is all I'm saying. Its like trying vegetable stew when its only broth, before anything else is added and saying, "THATS NOT VEGETABLE STEW!" Its pointless.

EDIT:::
Shouldn't these scans be enough to constitute a SH5 forum?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

yes. SHV or 5 should have it's own little section by now.
White Claudia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by White Claudia »

Yeah the game is faaaaaaaaaar from finished so ppl dont juge it till uve played it,now i'm gona contradict myself now and say i hope it dont turn in2 a re4 type game due to the new combat but i doubt they would do that,and since they are using the havoc system will this mean rooms wont hav as much stuff in them?it would be kinda weird u would just trash the place by just walking into items.
http://www.youtube.com/vTheFreemanv
I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Share this quote
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW THESE FIRST!?! Now I'm just waiting to see the preview they mentioned. Much more excited.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I've been saying since they first announced V that we should start a new forum section for V, even if we don't know the official name... How hard could it be to set one up or change the title later? C'mon moderators! :D
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Seriously...we are discussing it..your complaining isn't going to make it come any faster.
Ekamp
Just Passing Through

Post by Ekamp »

That...that Siam thing...it's a thing...o__O with a thing...on it's back...I'm...I'm...it...it's...what the hell?
Pyramid Hunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Hunter »

: laughs at Ekamps confusion:
Ya' know, if you keep looking at Pyramid Head, you're destined to see red.

JUST FUCKING RUN!!!!!