The Midwich Sound

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

yea.i said it stopped when the radio went off. when the radio stopped is when the sound started again.it was unsettling.so its normal.got it.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

The radio actually replaces eviromental sound when it goes off, to alert the player and freak him.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Hmm, I just played this part and I don't recall hearing anything.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Must be triggered by a specific action.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:The radio actually replaces eviromental sound when it goes off, to alert the player and freak him.
yes,i know. thats why im asking f everyone has heard it and if its what they are talking about.its only my first time through so i cant really say iv never heard it at that point before.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

We are talking about a metallic crash you hear after you leave the school, right next to the street. I haven´t heard it yet, that´s why I´m asking what were they doing the moment they heard it.

Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I've never heard this noise but i have played like 20 times. The noises in the hospital are scary and so are the ones in the sewer. I always attributed the sounds in the hospital to the reflect dahlia breaking the vial of Agholophotis (?) and The sound in the sewer were either monsters breaking through the walls to get at you (second sewer towards the end) and Cybil cappin' monsters (first sewer). The High pitched whine after the hospital but before the green lion is very unsettling. I rember that when i played the game by myself the first couple of times i turned the in game music off so i could focus and not throw the controller.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

So, nobody else can tell me more about this weird sound?

PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I don't think I have ever heard this sound either, but nice movie, SteveSilent. :)
monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

Guys wtf O.O I heard it :O

I am not exactly sure on how to activate it (Or even if it is activated) But I am trying to video capture it now.

I'll add link up s00n. :P (Liek max 1hr, s00n)

------EDIT------
Ok -_- I will not be posting the video up anytime s00n. I have tried like 8 times and no success. Alls I can say is that it happened as I WALKED over the road. I crossed at the sign that says "Slowly, Children Crossing" (Or something similar). I am saved at that part, so anytime I am free I will try get f00tage/soundage >.>....
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/monmashq/shhforumssig.jpg[/img]

It begins with a breath a kid killing his pets to Just sitting in debt when I’m feeling a wreck
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Thanks for the detailed "How to", I'll have to give it a shot again...
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

This is funny because I just played it again (I GOT BAD + ENDING! I SUCK NOW!) and heard that for the first time.

I jumped. I took it as the game saying NO! YOU'RE DONE HERE! BAD HARRY! Because it happened as I was walking BACK to the school to just check out the scenery a bit more for kicks.

PS: My version is ancient - so it's not a version thing.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I have to try this and see if I can capture audio.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Still haven´t located it, and already played that part 8 times since last post of mine.

monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

Yeah Kauff, I must of tried it Honestly, 16 times, all for around 10mins a go. Sound and Video going. -_- No Luck.

It begins with a breath a kid killing his pets to Just sitting in debt when I’m feeling a wreck
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Hell, you right, 4 more tries since last night and still missing that damn sound!

Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

Maybe it's just random...sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt? Maybe you have to be in New Fear.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

Nah, I wasn't in 'Next Fear'. Brand New file. Just got through the sch00l.

Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: The Midwich Sound

Post by Travis »

Knick Knack wrote:Once upon a time I was playing SH1. I beat the Splithead, the world went back to seminormal, etc. etc. I left the school and walked down the pathway towards the street, and the second I passed the cement Midwich Elementary School sign, out of absolutely nowhere came this huge metallic crashing noise. I froze up, thinking a monster was coming or somehow I had triggered a new cutscene...nothing happened. I waited a few more minutes, still nothing. Thinking it was a one-time-only glitch, I asked around and found that the exact same thing had happened to a few friends of mine as they left the school.
So. It seems I've stumbled upon a relatively rare easter egg. :D My question is, has this loud sound happened to anyone else here?
:shock: WHAT! That's a new one for me. I'll try it when i find some time.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

I've checked both PAL and NTSC versions and no. No huge noise for me. Sorry.

(I double posted to refresh the topic, which is currently on page 2)
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!