SHV and TGS?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

SHV and TGS?

Post by jdnation »

The Tokyo Games Show is coming soon and so far...

Konami has revealed a bit of their lineup which reveals the 0rigins PSP game... but no mention of SHV
http://silenthill5.net/2007/09/14/konam ... ill-v.html

But also something else that is intriguing is that in a recent 1UP podcast:
http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/091407.mp3

It appears that Silent Hill V will be exclusive to PS3 in Japan... but will release on both PS3 and Xbox 360 in the West. If this is so, then it gives us the idea that PS3 is the lead console for the game. I haven't listened to the podcast myself but that's what's going around. Give it a listen. I will later tonight...
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

You mean because the GBA continuely outsells the 360, and it would be a huge waste of time and budget to port it to 360 in japan?
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Konami of Japan has yet to confirm whether Silent Hill 5 is coming to Japan or not.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Scyron wrote:You mean because the GBA continuely outsells the 360, and it would be a huge waste of time and budget to port it to 360 in japan?
I don't think it's the porting that's the problem. They're already doing it for North America and Europe anyway... more like they won't have to bother with manufacturing 360 discs and marketing for Japan.
Skele
Subway Guard

Re: SHV and TGS?

Post by Skele »

jdnation wrote:The Tokyo Games Show is coming soon and so far...

It appears that Silent Hill V will be exclusive to PS3 in Japan... but will release on both PS3 and Xbox 360 in the West. If this is so, then it gives us the idea that PS3 is the lead console for the game. I haven't listened to the podcast myself but that's what's going around. Give it a listen. I will later tonight...
No, it's just that the Japanese hate microsoft.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Burning Man wrote:Konami of Japan has yet to confirm whether Silent Hill 5 is coming to Japan or not.
Okay now THAT'S just weird. I don't think I've ever heard of a game, or anything really, being unconfirmed for its country of origin.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Krist. wrote:
Burning Man wrote:Konami of Japan has yet to confirm whether Silent Hill 5 is coming to Japan or not.
Okay now THAT'S just weird. I don't think I've ever heard of a game, or anything really, being unconfirmed for its country of origin.
you're right.. that would be really weird.

I know the Japanese will always go with Sony or Nintendo over Microsoft, that's a given. but not even allowing for the game to be released on the 360 in their country? that's just absurd. if it did happen though, i'd just laugh.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>but not even allowing for the game to be released on the 360 in their country?

I don't give a toss if it's not released on the 360, I'm more so commenting on the fact that it's unconfirmed at all, regardless of its release platform. The 360 doesn't tingle my genitals the way it does with some other folks, and I don't think I'll ever understand or be a part of this idea that one console dominates another.

They all do the same thing.
They all have the same purpose.
That's like arguing which pen is better.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Krist. wrote:>but not even allowing for the game to be released on the 360 in their country?

I don't give a toss if it's not released on the 360, I'm more so commenting on the fact that it's unconfirmed at all, regardless of its release platform. The 360 doesn't tingle my genitals the way it does with some other folks, and I don't think I'll ever understand or be a part of this idea that one console dominates another.

They all do the same thing.
They all have the same purpose.
That's like arguing which pen is better.
well, you seem to be a bit misinformed about the consoles. There's a fighting game, Virtua Fighter 5, that's out for the PS3 right now. good game, but has no online capability for sony's console. so basically, you can only play amongst friends or by yourself on the same console. however, this same game is being released on 360 shortly and it looks exactly the same (if not better to some) and it has online capabilities. which means not only can you play alone or against your friends, but you can play against people worldwide on xbox live. plus there's there's also the possibility for extras with downloadble content. so while both consoles have the same purpose, one does more for you than the other.

a lot of people aren't crazy about the 360, but it'd due to their hatred of microsoft.

however,i don't really see how either version of SH5 is going to be better than the other. this is basically due to the type of game it is. however you never know, some extras may be available for the 360 version by way of xbox live.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

well, you seem to be a bit misinformed about the consoles.

She's not misinformed. She's just not buying into the console superiority bullshit.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Goodnight wrote:
well, you seem to be a bit misinformed about the consoles.

She's not misinformed. She's just not buying into the console superiority bullshit.
No, she is. if she thinks that both the PS3 and the 360 are the same thing, and there's not really any difference between the two, she's mistaken. sure they both play games and they both serve the same purpose. however they both offer things the other does not (including exclusive games), which will influence a consumers decision when buying either of the two.

i'm not saying either console is superior than the other. all im saying is that there are things that both consoles offer that make each one stand out/apart from the other.

you tend to only see that console superiority bs with hardcore Sony fans.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Don't tell me what I am, thanks.

I'm not turning this into a big to do. I'll just tell you to look at your inbox.
Pyramidred
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidred »

oh god, that sounds really bad. I'm sure they will but if they don't that would speak volumes about the quality of the game.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

...what's the big deal?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>that would speak volumes about the quality of the game.

Any excuse, eh? :P
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Krist. wrote:Don't tell me what I am, thanks.

I'm not turning this into a big to do. I'll just tell you to look at your inbox.
thanks, your message shed some light. my apologies.

also, i could care less about whether the game is released in Japan or not. as long as it comes out over here, im good.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Krist. wrote:
Well, technically, Silent Hill 5 is owned by Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. (the American division of Konami), so I'm sure it'll be announced much later for Japan.

I don't think most people care whether it's announced for Japan or not, sadly. All that matters is that they get to play the game.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Skele: No problem. Sorry if I came off.. well, sorry that I WAS harsh. It's been a long day.

Burning Man: I just think it'd not only be, y'know, polite but a very fitting thing to announce it to soothe any potential worries. Lord knows no one likes missing out on good stuff. :| Just ask us about Lost Memories...
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

I believe it will show up in some form, maybe not with a booth since it is still in it's early stages but they might be giving private sessions with the game to some press. I mean No one really knew it was going to show up at E3, Konami didn't mention it was going to be at Lipsieg until close to that expo's date. So I wouldn't find it a bad thing if they aren't advertising it too much. If they show an unfinished game too early to the press they are going to trash it unfairly (doesn't that sound familiar? LOL!).

I expect that after TGS we aren't going to hear anything about this until Konami's gamers day, right now their focus is on Origins since that's the game that coming out soon. :mrgreen: