Silent Hill to be a movie Trilogy!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Solidishness
Just Passing Through

Post by Solidishness »

Didn't Gans apologies for putting PH in SH1?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/solid_sephiroth/SolidishnessSignature.jpg[/img]
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

They should definatelly make a movie of the fourth game! And I support their making of the movie.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Silent Hill to be a movie Trilogy!

Post by Rule of Rose »

Amazonagent wrote:http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/10211

According to Rodger Avery who was at the Spike TV hooror awards show, Sony is planning for Silent Hill to continue on into a trilogy! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you feel) Avery said that he would only come back to write for the 2nd movie if Gans comes back.

In terms of a SH trilogy I think that's pretty sweet :D
As long as it stays true to the series, I don't mind....however I feel this is bad news:

Resident Evil has had 3 movies, everyone generally agrees that they all sucked except for the first one

If silent hill was to follow in Resident Evil's steps, that would suck
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
CorbinWelles
Just Passing Through

Post by CorbinWelles »

Mister_Creazil wrote:I personally think they will do it like a Resident Evil style and maybe continue from where it left off, maybe just making up a new script, as they would have had to write a plain new script for the first movie, with all the different characters and plots.
Oh NO I do NOT want to see the characters going all kung fu on Pyramid Head like in the Resident Evil moviwa....

This one was just fine when it was really close to the game though it did blend a lot of other things into it. As far as the writer and director both not being in the movie (because I heard they were way too busy to do them) I have lost my high hopes for the next movies. I doubt it will be the same without them. But I will still watch at least the secod. If it blowws then I wont even take a glance at the third.
Memories of life, memories of death, right here it's all the same.
So come on over to the other side and let go of this life of pain
nicole84
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by nicole84 »

I really liked the feeling of the movie, the whole town looked awesome! And the story was good too, though very much changed. I would love to see more SH films, but in the same spirit as the first one. Great job!
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I would love to see more movies. i want to see more of the town and see more monsters. i think the story could be expanded by going deeper into the cult and the drugs.
Life changes daily so go with it!
Mechanubis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mechanubis »

^Except there were no drugs involved in the movie-version of the cult
In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Storyline continuity doesn't disturb the sleep of a lot of filmmakers. But we might get lucky.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I look foward to the next few silent hill movies. although I was dissapointed with the original It could go in a very good direction.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

As long as people realize that the games and the movies are COMPLETELY SEPARATE THINGS I have no problems with it.

I am tired of people telling me "The Silent Hill movie took place after Silent Hill 1 and before Silent Hill 2". No, it didn't. There is a movie story/world, and there is a game story/world and they are entirely separate, they just share similar themes.

As long as people realize this... Have fun filmmakers.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

Mechanubis wrote:^Except there were no drugs involved in the movie-version of the cult
That is what i fuss about! I think that the story could have been more focused on the game, I liked the movie but it could have been a little closer to the games! :P
mintman
Just Passing Through

Post by mintman »

Wow. Haven't been here for a while, but I heard there may be a sequel coming, and said "Oh, shit. The first one was not good." I've actually been shocked at the reception that some people gave the movie, and how some people actually respect it.

Now before I rant, I'm probably going to get a lot of things wrong about the details of the Silent Hill world - I lost faith in the franchise after the movie and stopped following it. The series definitely felt like it was going downhill at the point when Silent Hill 4 came out.

I did have a few things I liked about the movie: the atmosphere and some of the creature effects. I very much didn't like the fact that there were way too many cultist, and the central idea of the story didn't deal with an inner turmoil, as the strongest games in the series have. Instead we got some half-baked idea about revenge against religious extremists. (Possibly very incorrect, but I think I remeber Gans implied something about the movie being political in nature, something about how he likes to jump on Bush-bashing bandwagons - not that Bush is any good, but the idea was pretty tired already.) I felt the movie could have been stronger if it stayed closer to the original intent of the game, which never felt political or particularly pointed. It felt more personal, about the despair that Harry feels over losing his daughter.

And every single thing was spelled out. If they made the most important idea of the movie central to the relationship between Rose and her daughter, they could have been *much* more vague and pulled it off. Subtlety was something I really enjoyed about the series.

This brings me to the main reason why I posted. I've thought, ever since just before this movie came out, that Gans should have just adapted Silent Hill 2. It was the first one I'd ever played, and without any context, it was the scariest experience I had ever had. Nobody actually needs to know too much about the cult to be entertained by these games. These stories.

I guess I'm done ranting, but I hope I don't get flamed - opinions seem to be respected here, and I'd hope you'd keep it up. And all in all, there are much more important things in life; it is just a media franchise.
seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by seal_of_metatron »

more movies could be interesting, just not a literal, word-for-word transfer from game to movie. it would also help to have some kind of explanation for the creatures- the nurses and the janitor were pretty obvious, the gray-babies were her classmates (i'm guessing there), but the patients weren't explained at all, neither was the pyramid.
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

I think the nurses were pretty obvious. PH I doubt had any meaning in the movie, they just needed a "boss" type figure.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

mintman wrote:I guess I'm done ranting, but I hope I don't get flamed - opinions seem to be respected here, and I'd hope you'd keep it up. And all in all, there are much more important things in life; it is just a media franchise.
Says the man who makes a multi-paragraphed rant about a media franchise.

I honestly don't have much hope for a trilogy, but I doubt it'll even come to any fruition. Both Gans and Avary seem to have dropped out of the running entirely, leaving it in pre-production hell for the time being.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Rhenislauss
Just Passing Through

Post by Rhenislauss »

Trilogy?.....There's a lot of ways they could pull that off but...iunno...I hope they do it good.
Hugs have no affect on me...do your worst.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I do too. I hope that they follow a video game storyline. I liked the movie, I truly did but I did not see as much of SH 1 &2 as I felt that I was supposed to.
Mits_Giotix
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mits_Giotix »

A trilogy would be a good thing if only they make the movies relevant to the games. The first movie was ok,but nothing great, so there's room for improvement.
Nowhere = Now + Here
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Technically they could make as many movies as they want even with completely new characters and monsters as stand alone stories with no direct relation to each other as long as they're good...
seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by seal_of_metatron »

for what it's worth, imdb shows silent hill 2 pushed back to 2010, still with no cast or plot... i'm just hoping it won't wind up a 'sci-fi original movie' like the last highlander, man that movie sucked...
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them