Death caused by...*Spoilers, duh!*...with an ending theory!

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Death caused by...*Spoilers, duh!*...with an ending theory!

Post by The Silent Executioner »

THEORY BASED ON THE BAD ENDING.

I missed something I think. What was with he Polaroid pics? I assume it was the maintenance guy at the motel taking the pics. But what does any of that have anything to do with Travis? The maintenance guy just happen to like taking pics of murders that happened to take place there at the motel, did he kill them, or did it point to Travis as a murderer? Kinda like the Butcher personifies Travis. BUT, theres evidence to contradict that. (Travis' trucker buddy basically says he needs some girls but he says it isn't for him. BUT a contradiction to that is the cut-scene of the Butchers death. Travis's expression changes to hatred and buries the cleaver into the Butchers lower back severing the spine. Looked as if hes done it before.)

If I were to compare the bad ending to lets say SH3, to quote Vincents "They look like monsters to you?" question, I could say that Travis, Harry, James, Heather and Henry were in all reality going around killing real people. Their victims appearances and cries of pain being masked by monstrosities and screeching caused by the hallucinagin White Claudia coupled with the psychic energies of the *god* channeled through Alessa. (Could explain why Travis passes out and battles the demon in the same room as the birthing ritual but theres no one else there. The birthing room though being Alessa's soul and the White Claudia being the catalyst for the trance like state needed to be her conduit.) Still passed out, Travis in real life, is carted off and strapped to a table for observation at the asylum, haunted by those he killed, realizing what he has done.

I do think that what Vincent said coupled with the bad ending of SH:O are strong evidence of real life slaughtering of the cultists.

EDIT ***Wording changed***
Last edited by The Silent Executioner on 09 Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Okay, here's a counter theory: instead of Travis being the murderer, he witnessed them. The voices you hear in the end of the game are actually all snippets that impressed themselves on Travis's brain the most. But they're not there because he was the one that incited them, but because he watched it happening.

And he was the ONLY survivor. And because he was so young, he couldn't stand up for himself nor defend the others.

His greatest fear would be if that one day, that person would come back to kill him. It would almost render him back to the stage were he was as helpless as a kid, as helpless as when he was in the mental institute, hence the fact he was strapped down.

I saw some concept art pics where it showed that Travis's shadow was actually the butcher. But saying that Travis is the butcher is like saying James is Pyramid Head. It just doesn't work. Butcher is just a manifestation of Travis's greatest fear, that the horrible person that killed everyone around him would come back for him, too. And he would never stop.

I think that Travis's killing of the Butcher is actually the mental act-turned-physial of refusing to let the experience rule his life any longer. This is shown even more clearly when he gets into his truck, and flips the switch to go back to zero on the miles he's logged. He's going to a clean slate, allowing himself to get over the experience.

On the other hand, the Bad Ending would indicate that Travis never got over the experience, and that he's letting his fear work itself to a point where it can physically kill him.

I mean, if Travis had been the one to actually do the murders, by knowledge of his character traits and motivations alone would tell you that he would want to pay for what he did. The Good Ending would instead be Travis finding peace by punishing himself, whereas the Bad Ending would be him leaving the town none the wiser, with the latent possibility of going on another spree.

So, no.

I doubt if Travis was the murderer.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

umm..?

How do you get the bad ending? Ive only been through the game 1 time and im pretty sure i got the good ending.
oO?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I could say that Travis, Harry, James, Heather and Henry were in all reality going around killing real people. Their victims appearances and cries of pain being masked by monstrosities and screeching caused by the hallucinagin White Claudia coupled with the psychic energies of Alessa
he was talking about the missionaries. and allesa had nothing to do with henry or james
Last edited by King Crimson on 09 Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Restless Dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by Restless Dreams »

You will ALWAYS get the good ending for your first play through. To obtain the bad ending it has to be your second playthrough or later, and you have to kill 200 enemies.
Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza."
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

versatile soup spoon wrote:
I could say that Travis, Harry, James, Heather and Henry were in all reality going around killing real people. Their victims appearances and cries of pain being masked by monstrosities and screeching caused by the hallucinagin White Claudia coupled with the psychic energies of Alessa
he was talking about the missionaries. and allesa had nothing to do with henry or james

What? I was talking about ALL of the games. All of the monster are actual people in this theory.

The fact is the drug clouds your mind and; I should have elaborated that by Alessa I meant the dark part the god, can take advantage of that. Showing you monsters instead of people.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

The fact is the drug clouds your mind and
but they never do the drug. I dont understand where you are getting this theory.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

In origins you see it released into the air at Travis. Who says a large scale town coverage injected through the mist couldnt do the same. Someone could pass out from a high dose, ala Travis and transitions into the Otherworld for the other characters, what I would call passing out, from extended exposure of the less concentrated dose.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

In origins you see it released into the air at Travis.
who told you that was white claudia so I can kill them.
Someone could pass out from a high dose, ala Travis and transitions into the Otherworld
in SH1 Lisa used it to keep the otherworld out.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

versatile soup spoon wrote:
In origins you see it released into the air at Travis.
who told you that was white claudia so I can kill them.
Its shot directly into his face. I assumed this since its the only powder/non-healing drug we've seen in the entire series and its white. :roll:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except White Claudia isn't a powdered drug. It usually takes the form of a liquid.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

AuraTwilight wrote:Except White Claudia isn't a powdered drug. It usually takes the form of a liquid.
I thought that was aglaphatis... or however you spell it.
oO?
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

AuraTwilight wrote:Except White Claudia isn't a powdered drug. It usually takes the form of a liquid.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Then what was the white powder that Kaufman and Lisa were cutting/snorting in the motel room?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Who the hell knows? I'm pretty sure Kauffman doesn't snort his own product, either way, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

he is a drug dealer I wouldnt rule out the possiblity that it is coke.
Restless Dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by Restless Dreams »

AuraTwilight wrote:Who the hell knows? I'm pretty sure Kauffman doesn't snort his own product, either way, though.
Agreed. Anyone who's seen Scarface knows the cardinal rule: "Don't get high on your own supply." :P

Seriously though, I can understand the theory, but I don't agree with it.
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

The white powder is PTV, the drug Kaufmann deals and Lisa is addicted to, which is made from White Claudia. It's the same drug you find in the safe in the Indian Runner store in the first game.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

anyone remember the white powder in the vile in Sh2.. the stuff that Maria, had to retreve for Earnest in the blue creek apartments. So I believe that stuff.. is the same stuff that Kaufman and other were passing around teh town and infecting people with.. it causes you to see things, and also can reserect the dead also.. I dunno once again I'm just talking out my ass.. but it seems interesting if you think outside the box about the overall story. :wink:
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The white chrism is not PTV.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

wait wait wait~

how do we know its even powder? It looked like travis got the gass to me.
oO?