Motel Room Peep Hole.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Motel Room Peep Hole.

Post by SteveSilent »

The one that you look into and you see a needle on the table and hear, presumably
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Lisa and Dr. Kaufmann having sex
was my favorite moment of the game thus far. There's something so creepy about it, it seems to culminate their relationship of dependence and reveals her drug-induced duality. Call me a voyeur if you will, but I felt it was powerful stuff. Easily one of my favorite Silent Hill moments.
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

As a *huge* Lisa fan, I found it pretty disgusting.
Although as a whole I found the walking down the hallway and peeping into the motel rooms very creepy, and awesome. I was kind of expecting to peek into a room and see a Robbie the Rabbit plush.
Silent Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Pyramid »

I thought that Kaufmann is giving Lisa a shot. When I saw the PVT on the table later on I soon realized that he gave her a shot, not had sex with her...

Any other comments?
:)
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

They had sex. That's why you overhear Lisa giggling, and walk in on them sitting on the bed getting dressed.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Silent Pyramid wrote:I thought that Kaufmann is giving Lisa a shot. When I saw the PVT on the table later on I soon realized that he gave her a shot, not had sex with her...

Any other comments?
:)
dude... you can hear them having sex. both when your looking through the peep hole and see her red jaket and a needle, then when your about to jump down the hole that leads to the room.
On top of that when you walk in on them there finishing dresing..........

Anyway like i said befor i think the only reson she did it was for the drugs. I dont think she liked kaufmann at all, she just wanted/needed the drugs
oO?
Silent Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Pyramid »

sh#1fan wrote:Anyway like i said befor i think the only reson she did it was for the drugs. I dont think she liked kaufmann at all, she just wanted/needed the drugs.
I totally agree with you! :o
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

Personally, my new favorite SH moment of the game was when you looked through the peephole, and you saw
The Butcher standing in the room with the mirror and the walls that were drawn all over. I freaked out, spazzed a bit, looked back again, and freaked out even more when I realized that he was gone.
I seriously haven't been that scared with a Silent Hill game since seeing Pyramid Head through the grate in the Apartments in SH2.
Hurm...
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

meh~

I thought that was dum, to try and add a new version a PH was pointless... let PH RIP
oO?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

The Butcher represents a figure from Travis's past, perhaps a figure that frightened Travis as a child. I know i mentioned it in another thread.. but I felt it was worth mentioning.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Huh?

I thought the butcher WAS travis from the other side of the mirror. Like his mom and dad are both monsters in the oher world, I though the butcher was travis?
Still its way to simular to PH
oO?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I thought the butcher WAS travis from the other side of the mirror.
If that were the case then when Travis looks in the mirror he'd see The Butcher on the [otherside]. But he doesn't.

Besides, Travis doesn't physically go anywhere, just like Helen: he goes into a catatonic state staring into a mirror until he "returns."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
the silent O
Just Passing Through

Post by the silent O »

>Besides, Travis doesn't physically go anywhere, just like Helen: he goes into a catatonic state staring into a mirror until he "returns."

If that’s the case then how did Travis ever get behind lock doors in the mist world? O.o I also thought the same, but I found it contradicting when he would materialized in different locations then he fist enter the alter world.
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/TheSilentO/rpg%20pics%20and%20icons/rainbowsilenthill.jpg[/img]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Still the mind can do some pretty strange things at times. So I believe that perhaps Travis's Mind as soon as he entered the town, began to play tricks on him.. and thus his subconscious manifested the Butcher and everything else he's seeing in the town. I dunno I'm just firing opinions around here, I'm not right about any of them I'm sure.. but it's worth a try
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Silent Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Pyramid »

The Adversary wrote:Besides, Travis doesn't physically go anywhere, just like Helen: he goes into a catatonic state staring into a mirror until he "returns."
WoW :shock:
That's really really interesting!
I never actually thought that...
Clever... :)
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

[quote="The Adversary]
If that were the case then when Travis looks in the mirror he'd see The Butcher on the [otherside]. But he doesn't. [/quote]

I dont think so.. because he is in deniel still.
oO?
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Silent Hill shows you precisely what you are in denial about. Like Harry being tortured for never telling Cheryl she was adopted, James' refusal to accept that he did what he did, etc. Travis might not understand why he sees The Butcher when he looks into a mirror, but he would see him, nevertheless.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Except that he doesn't see The Butcher in the mirror. In fact, he sees it in both the [mirrorworld] and in the "normal" version of town.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

when does travis see it in the otherworld?

1. the butcher shop
2. The motel peep hole
3. when you fight him
oO?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The butcher shop is in the "normal" town. So is the peephole--he's just seeing into the [mirrorworld], but Travis at the time is in the "normal" town.

Now that I think of it, isn't the battle with him in the "normal" world as well?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Eileen Scarlette
Just Passing Through

Post by Eileen Scarlette »

I assume they were having sex, but I think they mess up, Lisa was a strong and gentle character on the series, they screw it up in my humble opinion.
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Airol/3djshehg.jpg[/img]