WARNING! If you're thinking of using a Codebreaker...

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

WARNING! If you're thinking of using a Codebreaker...

Post by JuriDawn »

I just wanted to warn people (since no one warned me) that if you cheat at Silent Hill 4 using a codebreaker, (or any cheat system that has an infinite item cheat) you just may ruin your chances at finishing the game.

I cheat rampantly; I don't want to take damage, I want my saves to always be recorded as 0, and I don't want to run out of Holy Candles or Swords of Obedience. ^_^ Most people probably don't cheat, but I wanted to warn those that do.

There were ten infinite item cheats, each corresponding to an item slot. (I hate the new inventory system) I turned on all ten of the codes so that I could have an infinite number of everything that I was carrying, but it turned out that even unique items like the Stuffed Cat and mannequin pieces would not disappear from my inventory as I used them. I figured it was no problem because I could always go back to my room and put them in the storage box. Unfortunately it only worked that way with the unique items. I could not put ammunition, holy candles, or swords of obedience in my box, and those took up valuable space in my painfully limited inventory.

When I got to the final battle, I had to have the cord in my inventory, and I needed to have the space for the eight spears. I didn't, but normally it wouldn't be a problem; you just take as many spears as you can hold, use them on the boss, and they disappear from your inventory, freeing up space for the remaining spears. Unfortunately, even if I turned off the cheat codes before starting up the game, the spears would stay in my inventory, and no, I couldn't use the same spear more than once.

I'm going to have to start over completely even though I got all the way through the game. :cry:
Next time I'm just going to turn on the infinite item codes for two or three slots...
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

I don't know how it could be much fun playing through without worry of keeping Henry alive and all. You should try playing it without codes at all.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What, you cheat on your first play-throughs?

Wuss.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I didn't even know there were cheats for the Silent Hill games :?:
Goremonger
Just Passing Through

Post by Goremonger »

here is what i have to say

serves you right for cheating on silent hill now bow your head in shame
My signature has been removed because my penis is too big
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the same cheats i have on but since it was only my old black card not my new the data is fucked courpped and unable to delete it if it was on my new card then it would of been fine since my clack card kept courppeting my datas of most of my games so im stuck with a block on there it's doing my head in i had all 4 endings about to beat it again but the dta went
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Goremonger wrote: serves you right for cheating on silent hill now bow your head in shame
Heh, I know, I know. Shame on me.
Truth is I'm just easily frustrated with the ghosts. If something can hurt me, I wanna kill it. End of story. I didn't cheat on the other games. But still, I ought to be ashamed! :evil:
Goremonger
Just Passing Through

Post by Goremonger »

the ghost frustrate me too but i wouldn't think about cheating o the game
My signature has been removed because my penis is too big
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

I don't give a shit... can't really understand people who cheats on first runs.
I cheat only for fun and do it after I finished a game... but it's only fun in games like Hl2 and Doom 3 etc. (spawning the final boss in the beginning :-D )

Ok if you cheat on other run throughs, but for the first times... nah, you lost a respect point :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

You cheat on your first run? You are fucking pathetic. That's why you beat game once and then you cheat in the other runs. You must really suck at Silent Hill.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Hey now, kittens. Play nice. Or I'll cut ya'.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Krissy has a point. I mean I could never understand using a cheat
on first time through but to each thier own.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Who cares, as long as you get through it...

If it takes anything away from the game experience..then that's their lose. Doesn't make them pathetic.
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

Oh. My. God.

No offense people, but it's just a fucking game.

Anyway, yeah.. I didn't know there were on S.H.

Thanks for the heads up, but I won't be using them anyway. I don't have the patience to type in a bunch of stuff.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Disciple of Claudia wrote:You cheat on your first run? You are fucking pathetic. That's why you beat game once and then you cheat in the other runs. You must really suck at Silent Hill.
Krist. wrote:Hey now, kittens. Play nice. Or I'll cut ya'.
That's okay, I'm not easily offended at all.
Actually, Silent Hill is not at all hard to beat; I don't have to cheat, I just like to be the unkillable one once in a while. SH4 is actually the only Silent Hill game I've ever cheated on.

Chronic Victim
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Chronic Victim »

If it didnt disapear from your inventory, couldnt you just use it again on the cadever?
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: WARNING! If you're thinking of using a Codebreaker...

Post by JuriDawn »

JuriDawn wrote:Unfortunately, even if I turned off the cheat codes before starting up the game, the spears would stay in my inventory, and no, I couldn't use the same spear more than once.
The thought crossed my mind, but it just didn't turn out that way. ^_^'
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

The big mistake was that you activated that code for every slot, you should only do that with two or three slots at most, otherwise you end up not being able to get rid of anything. If the infinite item cheat doesn't turn off, try getting the codes for the items, so that you have all the spears and umbilical cord from the start, and take one weapon for the last slot (you have 10 slots so you can carry everything from the start).
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
silent_scream
Just Passing Through

Post by silent_scream »

the only cheats i ever used in a SH game were the ones to unlock all the secret costumes in SH3
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Do what I do when the ghost show up. If there is one, beat it till it falls, then run. If there are many....just get the fuck out of there.