A monster,the faceless acid man

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.Death
Just Passing Through

A monster,the faceless acid man

Post by Mr.Death »

I've ALWAYS been intrigued by the monsters in Silent Hill.This one in particular.Especially high on Benadryl,that's when the blood touched my soul,a magical fondness.But back to that thing.The point here is:What are your thoughts on this monster?After Silent Hill 1,with the less detailed monsters,when I first saw this brown,shiny,faceless,arm-bounded monster,I was amazed.So humanoid,so detailed.In Silent Hill,I'm the best killer there ever was,but that's not a challenge,I'm sure alot of you kill them very well.But that acid man,I got the creeps,when I first approached it in combat.No gun,I was so trigger happy before.It's sounds,I really liked them,the first day I played the game.I'm into,horror.Out.
The death cannot die....
Matney X
Just Passing Through

Post by Matney X »

It creeped me out, also. I didn't stand there in awe, though... I hit the bloody thing with my board.

And I'll not mention the can of worms you've opened claiming to be the best there ever was. (I killed God in SH3, normal mode, with the maul.)
"Have we grown so hard we can't feel right or wrong, or have we grown so cold we just don't care?" - [url=http://www.davematney.com]Dave Matney[/url]
Pojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Pojo »

I think they're great, one of the best cannon-fodder enemies in a game. It was based on some guy who came into the Konami offices wearing a hoodie, listening to his CD player, and really over emphasizing his walk.

That said, I really hate the way their feet look, especially when they scuttle around on the floor.
ravern
Gravedigger

Post by ravern »

yeh i hate the feet. look like its got platform shoes on

and btw its called lying figure

the creature in silent hill 2 are cool because most take the form of a human but disfigured or mutulated which make sit more scary. they even said humans are afraid of disfigured humans
Anonymous

Re: A monster,the faceless acid man

Post by Anonymous »

Mr.Death wrote:I've ALWAYS been intrigued by the monsters in Silent Hill.This one in particular.Especially high on Benadryl,that's when the blood touched my soul,a magical fondness.But back to that thing.The point here is:What are your thoughts on this monster?After Silent Hill 1,with the less detailed monsters,when I first saw this brown,shiny,faceless,arm-bounded monster,I was amazed.So humanoid,so detailed.In Silent Hill,I'm the best killer there ever was,but that's not a challenge,I'm sure alot of you kill them very well.But that acid man,I got the creeps,when I first approached it in combat.No gun,I was so trigger happy before.It's sounds,I really liked them,the first day I played the game.I'm into,horror.Out.
What? Quiet, you.
Sinweaver
Just Passing Through

Post by Sinweaver »

I like your style Mr.Death. Trigger happy...I like that. You don't hear much about people going trigger happy in Silent Hill. And that monster, the "acid man" as you called it. It's awsome, so...Realistic. It's flesh glimmers in the light as if it were a man who was too close to a napalm explosion. It's beautiful. Especially when you shoot it with the hunting rifle and it flings it back, leaving a trail of rasberry sauce behind.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

They made me jump the fuck out of my seat when one went
scurrying out from under that van squeeking. Love bashing those guys.
Lots of fun.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

I don't think I've ever heard that creature called an 'acid man.'
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I don't think I've ever heard that creature called an 'acid man.'
I think that he is refering to the stuff that they spray at you. Since
it damages you one could assume that it is made of acid.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Matney X
Just Passing Through

Post by Matney X »

I always thought it was vomiting...
"Have we grown so hard we can't feel right or wrong, or have we grown so cold we just don't care?" - [url=http://www.davematney.com]Dave Matney[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Matney X wrote:I always thought it was vomiting...
ditto