Lisa Garland: Nothing To See Here (Unmarked Spoilers Within)

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>But that's not what you were arguing.
Actually, it is. You evidently misinterpreted it.

>She's a reflection of Mary.
She's also a reflection of the Maria that worked at Heaven's Night, otherwise they wouldn't look the same.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Mockingbird wrote:Actually, it is. You evidently misinterpreted it.
Well maybe you should've worded
They're the same thing, Drewfus. . . .
They're not completely different people when they're physically the exact same. . .
However, they are the same person.
a little clearer?
Mockingbird wrote:She's also a reflection of the Maria that worked at Heaven's Night, otherwise they wouldn't look the same.
You've never seen the Maria that worked at Heaven's Night!

I'd also like to point out that you got snide with me right off the bat, before I'd done anything but disagree with your point (or, misinterpreted it)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>You've never seen the Maria that worked at Heaven's Night!
Have you seen the flier with Maria on the cover? or the advertisements for Heaven's Night in Toluca Lake's overlook's bathroom?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Mockingbird wrote:>You've never seen the Maria that worked at Heaven's Night!
Have you seen the flier with Maria on the cover? or the advertisements for Heaven's Night in Toluca Lake's overlook's bathroom?
What the flier that's only a couple of hundred pixels wide, and features a person too small to possibly distinguish, with black hair?
Yeah, I've seen that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well if you look closer it's Maria. With black hair. The other poster mentioned is also of Maria. Weird.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Mockingbird wrote:Well if you look closer it's Maria. With black hair. The other poster mentioned is also of Maria. Weird.
Can I see it (have you got a link, or anything)?
As far as I remember it, it's too small to look like anyone.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Show me where I acted snide towards you in this thread.

I really am going to have to insist that we talk about Lisa now. This is not a SH2 thread.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You wrote:We're still talking about two completely different people. You might as well be saying "Jillian was a real person, but Barbara isn't".
Snide to me.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Not snide. Pointing out a fallacy in your reasoning.

Let's move on, shall we?
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

See. More snide comments. If yours was simply "pointing out a fallacy" in reasoning, then so was mine.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

So! Lisa what a trollop, eh?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

black hair VS blonde hair =/= the exact physical same.

kthx.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Yeah, Lisa is a pretty good character...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Krist. wrote:So! Lisa what a trollop, eh?
Yeah. I was a little surprised they added that sort of depth to both Lisa and Kaufman's characters. I mean... that sort of negative depth.

It's a little strange she wasn't a little more... screwed up by it, though. Or maybe she was just coping with it so that she wasn't showing that doing Kaufman for drugs was affecting her. Or maybe she just never let the significance sink in. She is pretty young.

But it's not like she was the only one hooked on White Claudia in the entire hospital- wasn't pretty much the whole staff on it?
Droo

Post by Droo »

I don't see any evidence within the games to support the idea that everyone was on it. I somehow doubt the entire staff of a general hospital would be strung out on illegal hallucinogenic narcotics and still be able to operate. Lisa's just a dumb kid, but why would the rest of the staff be on it?
Lives in the mirror"
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I think it's perfectly reasonable to theorise that some other staff members besides Lisa were on it, but not everyone.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>black hair VS blonde hair =/= the exact physical same.
If that's your remaining dispute: Phail.

>wasn't pretty much the whole staff on it?
No. Alchemilla Hospital was only used as a storage for PTV. Remember: They sold the stuff to the tourists to finance The Order's activities.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Numb Body01 wrote:I think it's perfectly reasonable to theorise that some other staff members besides Lisa were on it, but not everyone.
Considering their idea of fun--grabbing trainee nurses "before they go quick"--I wouldn't put it past the fuckers to sample. Alchemilla sucks. I'm glad half of the staff got that weird demon hump thing embedded into their backs.

For the record: Hair color is absolutely NOT a determining factor to say that people aren't physically the same. Identical twins could have different hair color due to dyeing or what-have-you--and yet oh hai they're the exact replica of each other. Imagine that. I'm the exact, physical replica as my old self years prior though I had different coloured hair then. Doesn't change anything about my distinguishing features--like, you know. My face. My body. You wouldn't say that you aren't yourself just because you lose your hair, would you? Stop being so bloody literal.
Last edited by Mis Krist. on 10 Dec 2007, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I think that might be WHY they all got that puppet humps on their back....
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Krist. wrote:For the record: Hair color is absolutely NOT a determining factor to say that people aren't physically the same. Identical twins could have different hair color due to dyeing or what-have-you--and yet oh hai they're the exact replica of each other. Imagine that. I'm the exact, physical replica as my old self years prior though I had different coloured hair then. Doesn't change anything about my distinguishing features--like, you know. My face. My body. You wouldn't say that you aren't yourself just because you lose your hair, would you? Stop being so bloody literal.
Can I see it (have you got a link, or anything)?
As far as I remember it, it's too small to look like anyone.
That was my point. The hair is just additional differentiating factor.

ANYWAY.
I think that might be WHY they all got that puppet humps on their back....
Nah. I think it's more that Silent Hills vibe hadn't been properly decided, and parasites infecting the Hospital staff wasn't quite as un-Silent-Hill as it is in retrospect.
Apparently the influence of White Claudia was quite widespread, though (didn't I read that, somewhere?)