Bits, Bobs and Doo-Dads in SH:0

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

In the records office, which is a couple of yards away from the theater, there is door which is barred and not accessible, even though the camera looks down on it, indicating that there must be something important back there.
Mockingbird wrote:The memo doesn't say "child," it just says "Girl snuck into theater today" and that they were probably "playing hooky." If anyone it was Lisa, being an asspiring actress.
Oh, yes.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

game_over wrote:In the records office, which is a couple of yards away from the theater, there is door which is barred and not accessible, even though the camera looks down on it, indicating that there must be something important back there.
I too noticed this, but there doesn't seem to be any way to open it

maybe it's just meant to trick you!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There probably was something to do there but was later removed--similar to Silent Hill 4: The Room's leftover Channeling Stone and Silent Hill 2's "HOLE" message.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

Two things that cracked me up which may or may not have been written intentionally to amuse were:

1. When Travis gets out of his truck the first thing he says is the infamous "Huh?" I half expected to find "Mirror? What's going on with that mirror?" after it.

2. When he gets Alessa out of the house she's looking pretty crispy he says " There you're okay now." It's like oookay. She's burned to a crisp, oh yeah, she's going to be just fine.

I don't know if these go along with your thing and if not feel free to remove them but I thought they were pretty funny.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

FatalFrame wrote:2. When he gets Alessa out of the house she's looking pretty crispy he says " There you're okay now." It's like oookay. She's burned to a crisp, oh yeah, she's going to be just fine.
"not to worry kid, we'll slap some neosporin on ya and you'll be fine" :lol:
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

What struck me as odd was that there was a car running outside of either the hospital or the sanitarium, and Travis didn't decide to drive said car and run over the monsters. He would rather walk down the street and be monster food.
Travis, like James, left his vehicle behind to go on foot, but unlike James, Travis had a choice. He is also, I believe, the first character to find a car that is running where there previously was no car, and not even comment on it.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Did anyone notice that you see PH's picture twice throughout the game?
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I only saw it once. Where do you see it a second time?
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

PeachySakura24 wrote:I only saw it once. Where do you see it a second time?
Over the bed in room 503 in Riverside Hotel.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

During the opening credits, Travis sees a billboard for the pocket radio he has, and the Riverside Motel.

In Alchemilla Hospital, Travis can't take is eyes off of all the bloody gurneys, or off of an advertisement for "A local fund raising event."
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Anyone ever stop and think, that perhaps the gurney with the wet fresh blood on it. Could very well be the gurney that Travis was laying on the entire time? I mean, perhaps Travis never left the sanitarium.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
SR
Just Passing Through

Post by SR »

Regarding the Theatre itself, and I've not been able to find this posted anywhere else, Antonin Artaud was a theatre practitioner who advocated the horrific and affecting presentation of drama. His dramatic theory was actually nicknamed "Theatre of Cruelty" and has some similarities with the presentation of the Silent Hill games. I expect he's on wikipedia if you want to see more about him.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

David01 wrote:Anyone ever stop and think, that perhaps the gurney with the wet fresh blood on it. Could very well be the gurney that Travis was laying on the entire time? I mean, perhaps Travis never left the sanitarium.
The bloody gurneys were in the hospital....And they're probably what the Cult carried Alessa on....
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

^ Thats what I always figured
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Video Gamer wrote:During the opening credits, Travis sees a billboard for the pocket radio he has, and the Riverside Motel.

In Alchemilla Hospital, Travis can't take is eyes off of all the bloody gurneys, or off of an advertisement for "A local fund raising event."
I thought it was a billboard for cigarettes and wasn't the Riverside Motel sign burnt?

and yeah it's strange that he looks at the "fund raising event" poster but you cant inspect it
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

You know, I'm not really sure about the billboard, to be honest...A thought I saw '----way Radio" on it, along with "Don't leave home without it," so I just thought it was the radio Travis had.

The hotel billboard wasn't really burnt, just really run down.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Anyone else notice how during the opening video it's pouring cats and dogs and we can barely see out his windshield, but when he stops to get out and investigate it's not raining at all and the surroundings don't even seem wet?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Yeah I noticed that also, it kinda just stopped raining as soon as Travis got out of his truck. I think it had something to do with Alessa cauisng it to stop Raining, either that or it was Raining in one county and not in Silent Hill itself.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Maybe it was raining in the Real World, but when Alessa transported Travis into the Otherworld, it wasn't raining there.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I don't think it was the otherworld yet, the "fog" was actually smoke from the house burning, remember? And then when Travis wakes up after rescuing her it's foggy and....otherly....