Finish the monsters off!

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Finish the monsters off!

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Sorry if this has been told before

I had an absolutelly TERRIBLE time killing monsters because I couldnt stomp it, and I noticed alot of people on here are having the same difficulties. Well fear not, I have found the strategy!
Simply all you do is stand by their bottom, release the L button, then press X.

Works every time :wink:
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I think most people have problems killing monsters because they're hard/so many of them/swamp Travis in a heartbeat, and not because they aren't stomping.

Thank you, though. I'll keep this in mind.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

you can still hit most of the monsters while they're down w/ traditional weapons w/out doing the special "stomp" attack. it saves time, too.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ZoneIV
Just Passing Through

Post by ZoneIV »

I usually just us mah mits, and Stomp em. I didn't like that the weapons broke so fast, and felt that just punching em worked the best for me. When there's too many I just run,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Cept for when I got the special item for beating the game
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I had a hard time with this too... but I discovered that by reading the Hints tab on the opening screen.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: Finish the monsters off!

Post by KageReneko »

Shoot The Sky wrote:I have found the strategy!
Simply all you do is stand by their bottom, release the L button, then press X. [/b]
Works every time :wink:
The stomp works in this way in all the Silent Hill Games; how did you stomp in the other games??
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

No, it's definitely not the same because I've never, ever, ever, had trouble with the finishing stomp until this game, I've pretty much got it now tho.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Is true that you must be in a special posotion for stomp the mosnters in this game but all the Silent Hill ahmes stomp move is reaized releasing the aim button and pushing the action button... I was referring to this...
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

What I'm happy about is that the nurses don't take 3 bullets to kill as in previous games. Only one. It's more realistic to take monsters down in one hit, followed by the stomp.

This is a bit off topic but involves monster kills.. I'm not a fan of losing items such as butcher knives due to breaking because that's not a flimsy item. I like the Prior SH4 weapon format where you had a limited weapon selection, rather than a huge array of weapon inventory that you don't know what to use next or what you will find next. However, the "final blow" realism is improving.

Maybe SH5 will use a harder impacted kick to the face rather than a stomp on the body tactic.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Moosefrenzy wrote: Maybe SH5 will use a harder impacted kick to the face rather than a stomp on the body tactic.
I agree, I mean, in silent hill, I would definatelly finish them by bashing in their skull... just to be sure. you never know with those bastards.

Actually I quite enjoyed having a wide variety of weapons. I know its unrealistic to be able to carry tvs and knives and katanas and such, but when you think about it, ANYTHING can be used as a weapon, even in real life, so I liked that bit.
Zogzor
Just Passing Through

Post by Zogzor »

Man, how do you guys have trouble with stomping the baddies? I got the game yesterday and I didn't notice anything. :?
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

The main difference that I noticed was that you had to be along side of the enemy, and couldn't innitiate the stomp attack if you were standing at their feet or head. I usually switched to the fists before I stomped so that I didn't add any damage to my weapon as well. Did anyone else do this?
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Zogzor
Just Passing Through

Post by Zogzor »

Weird. I can stomp on them wherever I'm standing.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

As can I, but it took me forever to figure it out. Now that I know, I have no problems what-so-ever
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Nogzor and Shoot, Im playing ps2. Same for you, or are you playing psp?
There Was a Hole Here...
It's Gone Now.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

nope, Im playing the PSP version. Are they exactly the same? graphics and all? And whats a Nogzor? :oops:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's a misspelling of Zozgor's username.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Krist. wrote:It's a misspelling of Zozgor's username.
Exactly :wink:

and from the looks of things, I'd say I'm not the only one.
There Was a Hole Here...
It's Gone Now.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Yes, holding down the aim/ready button while hitting 'x' would make Travis use his weapon rather than stomping, wouldn't it?
But I really don't think I've been in the habit of holding the aim button down while trying to stomp, and Travis still shot or struck the enemy sometimes rather than stomping. I started to just unequip my weapon if I really didn't want him to waste ammo or break a weapon, and then he stomped just fine.
Honestly, I can't be positive that I never held down the aim while trying to stomp, but I really don't think I would. I'm done with the game now though, so I'm not going to go back to it right now to check... I'll just remember it for later on.

Never had a problem with Travis refusing to deal the monsters a blow while they were down, though. I only had monsters get back up in a couple of instances when the bastards ganged up on me and I didn't have a chance to finish them off in time.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I never had a problem with the stomping either since in the other games you don't hold the aim button when stomping why would I do that in this game? I do have trouble trying to move through different enemies with the target button on them. You know when in the "tips" section it says while in aim mode you can move to sifferent targets using the directional buttons? I can't do that
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by