Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

She says herself that she doesn't see the holes, and that Henry justu and disappeared on her when he was trying to take her out of the hospital. So yes, there is obviously a difference, as Aura said.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Is it true that Eileen likes Henry due to her caring attitude or maybe a crush?

I mean, sure she does give some 'crush' clues:
"Hope my luck changes before the party."
Or maybe she was lonely and thought she could take him and pretend Henry is her boyfriend and they could get drunk and laid and stuff.

She does come and ring at your front door and gives Henry a hug at the Hospital (Awwwwww).

I'm not trying to be the romantic guy I usually am, but I can sense some likey likey. :wink:

Would anyone agree?

(Anyone heard the track 'Sexy Eileen' from the created soundtrack? Probably what happened after the events of SH4 :twisted:)
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

You're reading way too much into it.

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=90
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

don't bring that crap into my topic, please. there's already an awful one devoted to it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ha I was going to point that out, but you guys beat me to it.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Okay, I'm out of here for a while.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

I think Henry was able to see the holes becouse he resided in that apartment, and had a real connection to it. That's my line of thinking. I think they were both seeing the same things since she reacted to Walter and beat him with her purse, and she read the stones and stuff at the orphinage after it burned down. Seems to me that she and Henry were pretty much in the same place, experiencing the same thing. plus, she and Henry were both going to be sacrifices to his ritual, and becouse of that likeness and similar situation, i imagine they were on the same level.
So, the hole has an explenation. In my opinion.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

other people saw the holes too, ya know.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

Mockingbird wrote:other people saw the holes too, ya know.
When? Am i forgetting something? Not trying to sound snide or anything, i wish there was a definate answer to it, but alot of SH is left to speculation. I'm only human. Is there something i missed?
Goodbye Silent HIll!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

you could always try reading the thread.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Richard definitely saw a hole, he flat out says it. As far as the other people, we're both going to have to read through this thread thoroughly, which I'm about to go do~
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

lol, i assumed he saw something different from the kind of hole Richard experienced... sorry about that.

so here's another thought, and this is comming to me as i post it: what if those holes are ways for Walter to put people in his world? it's his world, why wouldn't he get them set and ready to be a part of his ritual? as well as controlling who experiences them, he can control who doesnt.
Richard would ahve been nuts to go through that kind of a hole in the first place, if he didnt just fall right through it. i would have grabbed the superintendant and shown him. But maybe Richard was locked in his room as well, maybe just for a few hours without realizing it (since we see him outside his room earlier in the game), and when he finds the hole he realizes he cant get out of his room, and then ends up trying to crawl through the hole to escape his apartment, ends up in the building world.
Same thing could have happened to Eileen. she didnt realize she was locked in room becouse she was getting ready for the party, and as she did she was locked in her room, Walter did his dimensional Silent HIil warp on her place and walked right in toward the end of the first apartment world.

Just thinking.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Maybe... but then it brings up the question of, if Richard was locked in his room for such a short amount of time, why he got a hole so quickly and why Henry had to be cooped up for five days before his hole appeared. Always was confused about that, was Walter just biding his time (to what end?) or was he trying to drive Henry into a corner so he wouldn't have any choice but to accept the role as Receiver of Wisdom, albeit unknowingly.

I'm fairly certain that the holes, no matter who sees them, represent the same thing and all serve the same purpose. It's Walter's world, most definitely, just like the Otherworld in SH1 was Alessa's (just from a different cause), and who the hell really knows what went into him choosing who he did...
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

Yeah, i definately get what you mean. If we're anywhere in the ballpark with this idea then i'd at least say that Henry ws cooped up for five days for a good reason, and the only reason i see would be that he's forced into the position Walter put him in. Besides, henry surivived alot of trauma and terrible scenarios throughout the game, Richard was pretty much killed a little while after that building world started.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Well... the same could be said for everyone else Henry met up with. The first round through the worlds were very short, or at least they seemed to be, and it was like as soon as you met them they were quickly taken away, killed, by Walter. Maybe them being killed so quickly held significance, maybe not, I'm not sure what it would mean if it was significant, though, other than Walter wanting to finish as soon as possible...

I'm wondering, now, what Andrew and Jasper saw... Jasper's already interested in weird/occult stuff, so I doubt he would pass up the chance to crawl into such an odd and interesting hole, if that was indeed what he saw, but Andrew... nothing really comes to mind with him. Well now I've thought myself into a bit of a rut. I guess that's what happens when you're pondering things like this at 12:30AM xD
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

xoxsnoof wrote:Well... the same could be said for everyone else Henry met up with. The first round through the worlds were very short, or at least they seemed to be, and it was like as soon as you met them they were quickly taken away, killed, by Walter. Maybe them being killed so quickly held significance, maybe not, I'm not sure what it would mean if it was significant, though, other than Walter wanting to finish as soon as possible...

I'm wondering, now, what Andrew and Jasper saw... Jasper's already interested in weird/occult stuff, so I doubt he would pass up the chance to crawl into such an odd and interesting hole, if that was indeed what he saw, but Andrew... nothing really comes to mind with him. Well now I've thought myself into a bit of a rut. I guess that's what happens when you're pondering things like this at 12:30AM xD
Jasper was interested in this particular cult, wasnt that why he was there? i don't quiet remember.
and Andrew worked in or around the Cylander Prison, didnt he? I'm sure there is a connection to those things, and my guess would be that they just walked into that world, or becouse of their previous involvement, they were bound to be there. Maybe not through a hole, nessarily...
Goodbye Silent HIll!
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Agreed, but isn't the world just a dream, in essence? Walter's world, I mean. So there has to be some sort of conduit for them to go through, whether it be simply falling asleep or what have you, I'm not sure it's possible to just stumble into a world like that... but yes, Jasper was definitely interested in the occult/The Order, and if I'm not mistaken Andrew worked at Wish House/The Panopticon, yes... wasn't it him who made Walter drink the glass with slugs in it or... whatever happened? My memory's so fuzzy on those details right now, I don't even remember if that was really in the game or not. Oh well.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

i cant remember anything like that, could be through... bad memory.
I get what your saying about a conduit for them to go through, i just wondered if Andrew and Jasper went through it unknowingly, not sure...

I need to sit down and play the game again...
Goodbye Silent HIll!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Maybe... but then it brings up the question of, if Richard was locked in his room for such a short amount of time, why he got a hole so quickly and why Henry had to be cooped up for five days before his hole appeared. Always was confused about that, was Walter just biding his time (to what end?) or was he trying to drive Henry into a corner so he wouldn't have any choice but to accept the role as Receiver of Wisdom, albeit unknowingly.
Probably because he hadn't chosen a 16th Sacrament to kill yet.

And yes, Walter's world is just a dream, though dying or getting wounded there has real effects on your body.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Oooooh! Well then, that does make sense now. Can't believe that I couldn't figure that one out, it seems so simple now, hah.

Alright, good, I'm glad my understanding there is accurate. Thanks for that, Aura~