Real final? and in water question (SPOILER ALERT)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

AzureDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by AzureDemon »

But I removed the signature o.o

and thanks for the info
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

He said that before you removed it, clearly.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
AzureDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by AzureDemon »

I thought I had removed it early since I didn't see it when I first posted th "a matter of hours " post...no need for anything else.

ANyways, nowI understand and recall a lot of the events that happened on silent hill 2
thanks
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Sorry, your signature has been on since you've started posting in here. You probably just clicked on the "don't show signatures in topic" button in your profile. Though it doesn't show up for you, it does still for everyone else.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AzureDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by AzureDemon »

Oh, my bad. I apologize.

Anyways...we got off-topic for a bit >.<
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

Well, in water and leave seem the most believable to me.

Rebirth I think is silly. Reviving your dead wife? James is troubled yeah, but he's not a nut job.

In water is believable, cause he killed his wife, so he kills himself.

Leave is too, cause he feels forgiven.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You don't address the Maria ending, you see.

And what's so silly about reviving the person you loved most in the entire world? Especially if it works?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

Yes, but James never really even says anything about the actual spirits of silent hill, and he doesnt seem to be the religious type either.

Even if it did bring her back, I would think James would be wierded out, totally. It is his DEAD wife, after all, brought back. How would they go back to regular life, knowing that he murdered her?

The Maria ending? I wouldnt even consider it being the true ending.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

lbsword wrote:Yes, but James never really even says anything about the actual spirits of silent hill, and he doesnt seem to be the religious type either.

Even if it did bring her back, I would think James would be wierded out, totally. It is his DEAD wife, after all, brought back. How would they go back to regular life, knowing that he murdered her?

He did it as a mercy (which, we find out, is what Mary understands it to be as well) so I don't think it'd be a very big deal...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>James never really even says anything about the actual spirits of silent hill
"The Old Gods haven't left this place. And they still grant power to those who venerate them. Power to defy even death. . . ."

He has a pretty good idea of what he's doing.

>he doesnt seem to be the religious type either.
Doesn't need to be: The option arose, and he went to it like a duck to water.

>How would they go back to regular life, knowing that he murdered her?
He wouldn't. That's the point of him and Mary disappearing.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Even if it did bring her back, I would think James would be wierded out, totally. It is his DEAD wife, after all, brought back.
Oh please, I can hardly see how a revived wife can be much of an issue after what he's seen.
Why the hell not? It's as valid as the other three.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Even if it did bring her back, I would think James would be wierded out, totally. It is his DEAD wife, after all, brought back.
Oh please, I can hardly see how a revived wife can be much of an issue after what he's seen.
Why the hell not? It's as valid as the other three.
Well, I never got the impression that James was attracted that way to Maria throughout the game. I always just got the impression he wanted to protect her, like he wanted to protect Laura, and maybe even Eddie, to an extent.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

In the state of mind James was in, and the rebirth ritual actually working, I have no problem accepting that ending. Just because it worked doesn't mean he'd be anywhere near a normal state of mind.

I guess the Maria ending could be valid aswell, James would just be put into an insane asylum for interacting with someone who isn't there.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

Sorry, Its just the way I related to James.

It seemed to me, James didnt want her sexually, as he always stepped away when she went to touch him. (Good for you James!)

Thats why I would ignore the Maria ending.

It kind of felt strange to me, james trying to resurrect a dead body.

I dont know, its just me, sorry.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It seemed to me, James didnt want her sexually, as he always stepped away when she went to touch him. (Good for you James!)

Thats why I would ignore the Maria ending.
That doesn't particularly mean anything. James could change his mind after he realized Mary was a hopeless goal.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I previously said that I found "In Water" made the most sense, but I never said that the others were impossibilities. I would not have written "Possibilities within the endings" about things that I regarded as impossible.
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

I think the In Water ending, because they made reference to it in Silent Hill 4. Frank said his son and daughter-in-law went messing. Surely if James ran away from Silent Hill, they could have tracked him down easily. It makes the most sense to me, anyways.
...in bed.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Kind of a strange irony that James came to town to kill himself, then fights so long and hard to stay alive, and then kills himself anyway.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think the In Water ending, because they made reference to it in Silent Hill 4.
They did no such thing.
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

AuraTwilight wrote:
I think the In Water ending, because they made reference to it in Silent Hill 4.
They did no such thing.
Not directly. I meant to Frank, and how they made reference to how his son went missing. Not reference to him dying.
...in bed.