That guy!!

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

KageReneko
Subway Guard

That guy!!

Post by KageReneko »

I just remembered the dead guy that you find in the streets in the northern part of the begginning of the game... Whoi can be this guy?? I almost thought was harry by his clothes and the notepad (The frst memo note sais almost the same thing that Harry says with his first save point) but he talked about his friend and this wouldn't had a sense... May be his friend is the other dead guy wioth the key for the Wood Side Apartments?
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

Obviously it isn't Harry if
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he dies in 3.
They're probably not real.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

I don't think he has any specific significance. I think I remember some theory that he was the one who left behind the map in the bar. Maybe he was another lost soul wandering through the town at some point.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

maybe he is just there to spook you ,or possibley might be symbolic to james, like the dude in the chair at one of the apartment buildings.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

Just another lost soul. Like the guy where you find the board and radio and like the woman at the beginning of Silent Hill 3.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Jedah
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jedah »

AZAMITH wrote:maybe he is just there to spook you ,or possibley might be symbolic to james, like the dude in the chair at one of the apartment buildings.
That dude dead in the chair if you look closely, its James.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/jedahpr/banner7v2.jpg[/img]
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Jedah wrote:That dude dead in the chair if you look closely, its James.
As is the body this thread is focusing on/

SPOILERS

There are a few dead bodies scattered around which are wearing the same clothes as James & look very similar to him. I think this is meant to suggest that the story is cyclical. The body in front of the TV is perhaps what could have happened after James watched the video in the hotel.

It's meant to suggest that James could have gone through this before. He could've ended up dead in the alleyway. Personally, I think James was the one who wrote "there was hole here, it's gone now" in Neeley's Bar.

This is reinforced by the Maria ending - James chooses Maria (therefore denying himself the truth of what he did to Mary), Maria gets sick, James goes through the whole thing again.

Well, that's my two-penneth worth.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

I like that idea. I never thought of that ^^
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Anonymous

that made me sad

Post by Anonymous »

well that is very upsetting i love his jaket why get blood on it????? ohh and can you tell me how to put pictures here?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Icewater wrote:

SPOILERS

There are a few dead bodies scattered around which are wearing the same clothes as James & look very similar to him. I think this is meant to suggest that the story is cyclical. The body in front of the TV is perhaps what could have happened after James watched the video in the hotel.

It's meant to suggest that James could have gone through this before. He could've ended up dead in the alleyway. Personally, I think James was the one who wrote "there was hole here, it's gone now" in Neeley's Bar.

This is reinforced by the Maria ending - James chooses Maria (therefore denying himself the truth of what he did to Mary), Maria gets sick, James goes through the whole thing again.

Team Silent say they're images from James' mind.

So roughly, he's supressing his need for suicide or thinking deeply about his own death, and certain images trigger specific ideas in his mind(like finding that gun in the shopping cart, then you see a figure in a chair, after watching that "video", possibly having shot himself in the head)

I think the alley creature is James gripping with the idea that the monsters he's encountering may end up kicking his ass. But would that be so bad, he thinks?

This also works with my theory that Pyramid Head(s) are a manifestation of James' desire for suicide, which is a strong theme in the story. If his desire for suicide were as apparent as I say, and he is simply projecting a figure to take his life(Pyramid Head), to try to escape the responsiblity of doing it himself, it would make sense that the figure in the chair seems to have been shot in the head from behind(and his brain matter splattered on the tv)...Killed by another, which he accuses Eddie of doing. James' did it mentally.

What also supports my theory is that Pyramid Head is there to kill James. He CAN kill James, not just attack him. If James had no desire for suicide linked to the Pyramid creature, then the Pyramid creature could not have the ability to kill James.
SilentSteven
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentSteven »

Just like to salute Icewater for some cool theories there!

I've always thought the same about James in the chair and the other corpses but I never thought that it could be him leaving 'himself' that message at Neely's Bar. Even if it isn't the official theory it's still a great one!

Silent Ste
"They look like monsters to you?....."
leodegrance
Just Passing Through

Post by leodegrance »

I really don't like the idea of the story being cyclical. I think it loses a lot of significance if it's interpreted that way. Also, it makes me feel cheated, as I expect a resolution to my time and effort. If everything is for naught, then there's no payoff (this is the reason I have problems with movies like 12 Monkeys).

I would think that the bodies James finds is just his awareness of what is going on hiding slightly underneath the surface of his consciousness. It is as if the only justice he can see is his own death, and seeing himself dead in front of the television is the subconscious foreshadowing of the dire nature of the videotape.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

I say it's Team Silent being lazy and using the same body model for multiple areas (corpse with apartment key, corpse with memos on streets, et cetera). There's no point in making a brand new model for a small part of the entire game, especially when the body it mutilated beyond all recongition.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

SPOILERS

I think it supports in "The Water" ending. Seeing these bodies is James thinking about killing himself over the guilt of what he's done. In the end, he gives up and chucks himself in the river/lake.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ratiocinator wrote:I say it's Team Silent being lazy and using the same body model for multiple areas (corpse with apartment key, corpse with memos on streets, et cetera). There's no point in making a brand new model for a small part of the entire game, especially when the body it mutilated beyond all recongition.
Well,with all this thought they have put in this game i find it really,really hard to believe that...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The suicide point is interesting if you remember SPOILERS>>>

When Angela asks for her knife back James says that he'd never kill himself, he doesn't sound too convincing. Also it plays against Angela's suicidal intentions.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Yes, a good addition to the theory. Plus if you examine the knife a lot you are more likely to get the "In Water" ending.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

Synthetic Form wrote:
Ratiocinator wrote:I say it's Team Silent being lazy and using the same body model for multiple areas (corpse with apartment key, corpse with memos on streets, et cetera). There's no point in making a brand new model for a small part of the entire game, especially when the body it mutilated beyond all recongition.
Well,with all this thought they have put in this game i find it really,really hard to believe that...

Well.....

I think I saw somewhere, don't remember where exactly, for all I know it could have been here.... and I (also saw pictures) talking about how they re-used Angela's model in the SH3 mall, where Heather first gets the gun. The body being...er...mauled? Has a striking resemblence, but the clothes are just a different color. (which is very easy to do in 3d modelling)

Can anyone confirm this for me.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Can anyone confirm this for me.
Yep. It's Angela's body, but it's not Angela.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

Icewater wrote:

SPOILERS

...That's similar to what I was going to say..But, I thought of it more of PH threatening James, or playing with his head...Like before you go into the room, with the dead man in front of the TV, that happens to look alot like James, you see PH staring at you, behind the bars....But, of course that's just an observation, there's many ways, to take the things that happen in Silent Hill...You pay attention to things very closely, Icewater...Of course, I can't help it when I'm playing Silent Hill games...I just get pulled into them, and I notice everything, and see everything that's happening in the room.....