remake silent hill 1

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Shade365
Just Passing Through

Post by Shade365 »

I think remaking SH on the PSP would be a major mistake since the system barrely sells and it totally sucks. :evil:
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

My thoughts, a year later.

I am still all for a reconditioning of the first game. I love it as it is, and I'd play it repeatedly for the rest of my life. Thing is, I think the first game has serious room for improvement, compared to the other games in the series. I would have no reservations at all purchasing a remake that had updated graphics, an overhauled script and voice acting that wasn't joke-worthy... if no major storyline changes were made and the atmosphere remained intact (and I have little doubt Team Silent could pull that off). After all, I purchased Silent Hill 2. Then I purchased the Greatest Hits for a 30 minute scenario. THEN I purchased the PC version just to see it with better graphics, so the precedent is there.

To those of you who like it the way it is, that's fine, but that's no reason to be actively against a remake. After all, it won't invalidate the old version, and you can play it to your heart's content, remake or no.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

alone in the town wrote:I would have no reservations at all purchasing a remake that had updated graphics, an overhauled script and voice acting that wasn't joke-worthy... if no major storyline changes were made and the atmosphere remained intact (and I have little doubt Team Silent could pull that off).
Team Silent's involvement would be wishful thinking, in my opinion. You know as well as I do what Silent Hill 0rigins initially started off as.

It's not only that either. I think creating a remake of Silent Hill is as time consuming as creating an entirely new game. I do believe the reason Konami decided to can the remake in favor of a new game was just that. Climax ended up taking their unfinished work on the remake to create 0rigins.

I think Silent Hill 2 is a special case. Team Silent was working from a code base and graphics that didn't require as much as a refinement. They already had stated how easy it was to port something from Xbox back into the PS2, and I don't see that much of work in recompiling the Xbox code base for the PC. On the other hand, if you're going to create a remake for an eight-year-old game, perhaps it's as much work as reverse engineering it.

I'm all for a remake if it means there are people who will enjoy it. Yet, I'd rather have the team concentrate on future installments of the series. They are already getting bashed left and right for not "getting things right" and a lot of people would take the remake as an indication that they ran out of ideas. There are priorities, and I think their priority right now should be to get the next game "right."
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

I think that a remake could be a good idea, the Resident Evil remakes did good and so did the Metal Gear remake. Hopefully not for Wii... nothing personal but I don't feel like buying it just yet.

I would agree that they should focus on their future releases and plans, but a good remake can enhance and empower the franchise as well as weaken it. But I do believe they can pull this off successfully if they put their minds into it.

I've been away from the forums pretty long, does anyone mind throwing me a link via PM or Post about an official Silent Hill site so I can see all the news the past few months.
axel-cd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by axel-cd »

I love the original game the way it is, but a remake would be great, maybe in 2009 with the 10th anniversary of SH! :)
Silent Hill fan from Venezuela!
ayajeannebeck
Just Passing Through

Post by ayajeannebeck »

Though it might be awesome to see the older games in the new spiffy graphics, creating new and fresh stories is just a good...though its clear that any games in the future will draw on the previous ones [noting the implied history between 1 and 3, 2 and 4]
And amid the cacophany of shreiks and moans,
cries of help and gushing of blood,

silence sang the loudest of all...
z0mboid
Just Passing Through

Post by z0mboid »

A remake would be fantastic. First of all because once you've had a taste of good graphics....its really REALLY frusterating to go back to SH1 and be like AH WHY ARE YOU ALL SQUARE AND WHY ARE THE CONTROLS CRAPPY DDDDD: and then you hyperventilate and stuff. ....or that's just me. either way, i'd love a remake. Same story and plot and all that jazz, just better graphics and smoother controls :D

don't get rid of "huh? radio.." D: i'd cry.
[center][img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/rave_me/banner2.jpg[/img][/center]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

The older graphics kinda make it creepier in a way. But I agree, an updated graphics version would be nice.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
lazarus1983
Just Passing Through

Post by lazarus1983 »

So what aside from the graphics could Team Silent redo and make better?

I think that adding a couple touches here and there, hints and clues and nods to the other SH games would be nice. Aside from that, I can't quite think of anything else.
If the doors of perception were cleansed, man would see the world as it is: infinite.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

More references to the town and the history of the town.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
SHSharpshooter
Just Passing Through

Post by SHSharpshooter »

Hmm. Well, you know, when I first dropped in the disc for SH1 I had not played a PS1 game in about two years. I popped the disc in and watched the opening sequence and then saw the game. At first I was put-off, but then I started playing the game and I didn't even notice. SH1 is a good game.

Now if they DID remake the game, I would not be opposed. For one thing, it'd be easier to find new memory cards. A graphics overhaul would be pretty sweet. In general though, that is about all you would need. Graphics, get all the voice actors back to re-record and make it all sharper and clearer. Keep the story, the town set up and don't add any new places or characters.

That would be good.
[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5676/shimsigms0.jpg[/img]
[i]"What is THIS? What are these...things! Why won't you leave me alone?!"[/i]
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

I can honestly say that I would be all for either a remake or a re-release (leaning towards the re-release). Make it prettier, digital surround, and maybe throw in some easter-eggs (the unreleased Japanese extras would be a start, new buildings to explore, new readables, etc.)

I'd buy it.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Socalryder7
Just Passing Through

Re: remake silent hill 1

Post by Socalryder7 »

Valtiel101 wrote:it would be cool if silent hill 1 was remade for PS2 and x box. in my opininon silent hill was my favorite game.
I agree. Remake SH1 on the latest console. New graphis same great origional story. The gore would be better, the landscapes creepier, and obviously, the grapgics crisper.
2nd gig

Post by 2nd gig »

I really dont think a remake is nessesary, but if they ignored me and did it anyway id still have a smile on my face
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

It's not that I long for a remake but since it's so damn hard to get nowdays (original, non-plantinum version) I would like to see a rerelease at least. Like with MSG.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

A remake would be awesome. Even now Sh1 is considered superior to the others by certain people.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

A REmake with Cybil's lost senario (that should satisfy people's wants for new areas to explore) and updated graphics. It would be nice to see the original voice actors to come back and take their original roles again (the original Dahlia and Lisa were AMAZING voice actresses :D )
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Wait, was the Platinum (see Greatest Hits) version really different from the original, or is it just a preference collector's thing?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

2nd gig wrote:I really dont think a remake is nessesary, but if they ignored me and did it anyway id still have a smile on my face
Yeah I agree, it's not necessary, but I would love it. It could also open a lot of peoples eyes who refuse to play it because of the graphics.
Last edited by Yana on 21 May 2008, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Yana: That's SH2.. We were talking about SH1, I thought.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|