Bloody cloths in washing machine in motel.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I was playing the ps2 version of this game the other night, and I made it to the motel. And when I got to the area where you had to set the waching machine puzzle... I noticed that once you get it open to get the key.. I noticed that there were alot of bloody cloths in the washing machine.. could that have something to do with Travis.. or perhaps his father.

There's a memo in the same area too.. from one of the clerks working there.. that the guy just took off and left his cloths...

What do all of you think this represents in the main story.. ?? Probably very little.. but it seemed interesting to me that this hasn't been mentioned. Or if it had.. I have not seen it mentioned in here I've been looking for this topic.. but did not see one.. so I thought I"d bring it up for discussion. Also in one of the rooms.. I think it was the Cleopatra room the bed was covered in blood.. could the washing machine with the bloody cloths.. and that room be connected to one another in some way?
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The murder victim's clothes. Note that they're all naked. After he murdered 'em, he fled.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Serenus Nihil
Just Passing Through

Post by Serenus Nihil »

Mockingbird wrote:The murder victim's clothes. Note that they're all naked. After he murdered 'em, he fled.
Are you referring to the various pictures found throughout the Riverside Motel? As I remember, only one of them was naked, albeit that was the one in Cleopatra, the room where the clothes came from. However...the death note in that room was "snake bite" which was how the Egyptian Pharaoh herself purportedly committed suicide. If I remember correctly, the note to janitor spoke of man complaining about his cloths in the laundry room, whereas the picture in "snake bite" is a woman. Not sure there is much of a connection with the clothes and picture, but I don't remember about the room...

As for the bloody clothes..I'm not sure what they may mean. It's an interesting question.
If you know where you are going, you are probably lost.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Didnt the note say the man in the Cleopatra room? That would explain why the bed is that way. And the pictures has nothing to do with it in any way. The pictures all represent suicide
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

Well that being the case, does the man the service note referred to have any plot significance?
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Mockingbird wrote:The murder victim's clothes. Note that they're all naked. After he murdered 'em, he fled.
So he murdered about...Ugh, I can't remember, five women in a row, and got away with it...?
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

[/quote]So he murdered about...Ugh, I can't remember, five women in a row, and got away with it...?[/quote]

Where does it imply that?? If you mean the pictures, they were suicides, not murders
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

The Bad Ending of the game implies it.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

OMG!!! The man in the letter was T-ravis???? TOTALLY DIDNT CATCH THAT! those were his clothes in the machine?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Shoot The Sky wrote:
So he murdered about...Ugh, I can't remember, five women in a row, and got away with it...?[/quote]

Where does it imply that?? If you mean the pictures, they were suicides, not murders[/quote]
Mockingbird said all the picutures were murders, and that the person that wanted his clothes back was the murderer. I was asking if that theory really held water, EX: If he murdered one woman, let's say, with the shotgun, then wouldn't other people hear?
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Mockingbird said all the picutures were murders, and that the person that wanted his clothes back was the murderer.
hmm... well this makes no sense to me. Yes, the bad ending implys that, but the normal endings, I can GUARANTEE were from suicides. EX Death by snakebite... goodluck murdering someone like that, let alone the fact that you find it in the CLEOPATRA room, Cleopatra being the Egyptian queen who killed herself by putting a snake into her fruit basket. The picture is clealy a woman. And then, on top of that, we know his dad killed himself, Hence the broken heart photo. So I find it hard to beleive their murder photos
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Bloody cloths in washing machine in motel.

Post by The Adversary »

After watching it again for the second or third time, I have a feeling the film, starring Michael Rooker (Meryl of The Walking Dead), Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, may have been some inspiration for SILENT HILL: ORIGINS, particularly the Bad ending.

The film follows Henry, who turns out to be a traveling serial killer, and who tries to live a normal life. It doesn’t end up that way, though. He and his prison friend, Otis, slowly get back involved in the whole Let's murder for fun thing, and Henry is drawn back to it.

I could definitely see the writers drawing inspiration from a dark, cult-like film such as it, for the concept of SILENT HILL: ORIGINS—the bad ending, especially.

This may actually explain the photographs in Riverside Motel. The opening sequence of the film is of the audience witnessing Henry's victims, without context, almost film-like, as he drives across the country and dumps them.

And then it gets more fucked up.

Also—apologies for not responding to earlier messages. I don't think I had the game at that point anymore and couldn't go back to check, and of course current playthroughs just gloss over that whole part. I still maintain there was an element of murder to the deaths in Riverside Motel, though I'd like to be able to play it again myself.

My reason is saying so is, well—who took the photos? Seems more likely the killer posed them as suicides and left Polaroids with "Cause of Death" notes on each. Sort of a Se7en-esque serial killer.

Note. While I was editing this post, I came upon a separate thread regarding these photos, and I believe I may have solved the mystery of the photos.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.