Alessa looked pretty generic in this game, don't ya think?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Did Alessa look cheezy in this game?

Yeah, very cheap.
51%
No, she looked the usual.
22%
I really don't care
19%
I honestly didn't notice...
8%

Total votes: 78

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Alessa looked pretty generic in this game, don't ya think?

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This is pretty random and i'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, but does anybody else think that Alessa looked really cheezy in this game.

Yeah, the original was for psp but everybody else looked somewhat great, and she just looked kinda round and unscary. Even on my PS2 where the graphics are "better" she still looks a mess.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

as you can see, I voted that I didn't care because I thought since she was 7 years old, she would have a pudgy face, right?
but i am confused on why in origins the astral projection image of her is 7 while in 1st she's 17?

wait, I think i just answered my own question...
because during those times the alessa that is 7 is using astral projection from the very minute just like the burned alessa used her projection at that very minute!
DUH-DA-DE! :idea:
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

I didn't like the lock of hair that was on her face.......i liked it better when she had a bobby hair cut from SH1 :lol:
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

SilentMadness wrote:as you can see, I voted that I didn't care because I thought since she was 7 years old, she would have a pudgy face, right?
but i am confused on why in origins the astral projection image of her is 7 while in 1st she's 17?

because during those times the alessa that is 7 is using astral projection from the very minute just like the burned alessa used her projection at that very minute!
Hmm, that's true. You always answer my questions.
I would just think they'd work on her a bit more so she didn't look so 'normal'
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Post by SapphireSerpent »

There is no denying that the art concepts for the characters were completely different from that of the other series. Lisa didn't look at all like the original SH game, even if she was supposed to portray a younger version of herself. I did like The Orders robes and costume concept. It completed the ceremonial perspective of the cult.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Oh gosh, I hated their robes!
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I do not understand the question. How would you expect a normal seven year old girl to look? She looks normal. Why would she look different? She does become more sinister looking toward the end of the game when she gains more control over her powers.

Think about. She was a natural born witch. She grew up being anything but normal, so when she had the chance to project the image of herself as a normal girl, why would she do anything else. And toward the end of the game, she embrases her powers to get back at her mother and the cult, she becomes darker, because she wants them to fear her. Even her hair grows darker to reflect her dark intentions.
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Post by SapphireSerpent »

I am just making a comparison in art, not necessarily the general look of a seven year old girl.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

SilentMadness wrote:as you can see, I voted that I didn't care because I thought since she was 7 years old, she would have a pudgy face, right?

In Origins, she's 7. In the 1st game, she's 14, just like the Astral Image. The games are 7 years apart, do the math.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

For once I agree with Aura, I"m not good at math. But I can definately see the addition there.. 7 plus 7 14. Sometimes 14 year olds look a bit older than they are.. it all depends on genetics.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I do think she looked completely different, even considering she was 7 years younger. I mean, I know kids change their looks as they get older but I think they totally changed her apart from the clothes on Origins. Oh well, it didn't bother me anyway, just something I noticed.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

For once I agree with Aura, I"m not good at math. But I can definately see the addition there.. 7 plus 7 14. Sometimes 14 year olds look a bit older than they are.. it all depends on genetics.
sorry, didn't know people actually gave a shit. Shoulda said the teenager alessa was...
or is that too vague :roll:
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I was just answering your question on why she looked different ages, you don't need to get huffy.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

In 0rigins, Alessa looks a little bit more gothish, nearly the same as Alice in "American McGee's Alice". But she doesn't look nothing like Cheryl, Alessa or Heather.

I don't like the face, it kinda gives me the creeps. Little girls really are evil.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Honestly, weather she was 7 or whatever it's obvious that she kept showing up when everything went wrong. So why should she look so average. I would think that some girl that keeps crossing over with my memories (if i were travis) would have to look alittle more creepier than that.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I was just answering your question on why she looked different ages, you don't need to get huffy.
sorry about that earlier, I had a rough night last night at work and I guess I was still iffy about it this morning, and when people nitpick about the small things, I snapped. it was uncalled for.
again sorry for aura and david :oops:
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Aww. Well sorry that I 'nitpick on small things,' if you were refering to me.
I was just wondering on what other people though. I didn't want to upset anyone or anything.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

again sorry for aura and david
I was angry at them and I got easily offended when they were right that she wasn't 17 but 14.
I was kind of a sore loser there for a minute, but I'm letting it slide.
words to live by
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

No one is a loser on these forums, we're all winners. We all just have different opinions.. and that's the purpose of a forum to discuss all our different opinions. So you're cool, and no offense was taken whatsoever. :wink:
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

I agree. I hated how the characters look in this. Alessa or Lisa didn't look like them. "Original" Silent Hills have something special in each face and it looks like they have been designed by professionals. Of course it's pretty obvious it's from the different team so it looks different. But I don't like it.