Silent Hill 4 movie

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Silent Hill 4 movie

Post by rm2kking »

If they pulled it off right, I think this would be fantastic! Walter is a great character, and the ghosts would be absolutely terrifying. Silent Hill 4 is one of the best games in the series (in my opinion, second only to SH2 and tied with SH3). The monsters are grotesque and the story is disturbingly bizarre. The otherworld in this game is also the most horrific and disgusting. Do you think they could pull it off?
trideegurl2
Just Passing Through

Post by trideegurl2 »

I totally think that would be an amazing movie!! The concept is perfect and I agree Walter would be amazing antagonist (assumign they get the rigth guy to play him)

They would just have to do it right, not change anything, like they did in the SH movie. I luv SH4, its my 2nd fav of the series, so I woudl DEF want to see it as a movie!

and my bro in law would play Henry!! haha it woudl be perfect! XD
YES, I love Silent Hill 4! There I said it! :P
Tyrael
Just Passing Through

Post by Tyrael »

hmmmmmm, JOHNNY DEPP? [/sarcasm]
No, he's overused.... Well after seeing this, maybe...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

As this thread has nothing to do with the actual Silent Hill film it doesn't have to be in the Silent Hill movie section.

I always thought it would work better as a book, personally.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

I would love to see this game as a movie! Don't get me wrong its great to play but it does get old pretty quickly, with running back and forth, etc. But the story in the game is so strong I think it could work.

As for who should play Walter, I'm not too sure. But there is an actor (other than your pic of Johnny) that I thought looked like him, Kevin Bacon:

Just dirty him up a little and there ya go! :P

Actually he would do a great job with that role, he was awesome in Stir of Echoes, and has played quite a few antagonists.
Merciless Slayer
Just Passing Through

Post by Merciless Slayer »

Girl Interrupted - Kevin Bacon looks fit for that role. It will be nice if they are making the film! :)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Girl Interrupted wrote:I would love to see this game as a movie! Don't get me wrong its great to play but it does get old pretty quickly, with running back and forth, etc. But the story in the game is so strong I think it could work.

As for who should play Walter, I'm not too sure. But there is an actor (other than your pic of Johnny) that I thought looked like him, Kevin Bacon:

Actually he would do a great job with that role, he was awesome in Stir of Echoes, and has played quite a few antagonists.
that picture looks horrible. and photoshopped. horribly photoshopped.

i don't think bacon could quite pull off the act, though... there should be something eerie and child-like about whoever plays walter, and bacon doesn't have that.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I too, as Krist pointed out, think it would work best as a book.

Something about a grown man crawling through a hole in his bathroom, would make the film rediculous.
trideegurl2
Just Passing Through

Post by trideegurl2 »

If you did it right it would work.....1408 worked as a movie :)

but yes, when presented with it as a book, it would make an awesome book as well!!! XD

I cant think of anyone at the moment who could paly walter. I say....NEW TALENT! I woudl hate it if a big actor came in and tromped all over Walter's character with their acting "techniques" you know? I think they could find someone new, there's plenty fo talent in the world!
YES, I love Silent Hill 4! There I said it! :P
1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

I'm curious to see what it would be like as a movie. Like everyone's been saying, with the right cast it has potential. Just please don't use Kevin Bacon :<
there should be something eerie and child-like about whoever plays walter, and bacon doesn't have that.
I agree with Krist completely. Maybe Johnny Depp would be able to...just I wouldn't look forward to seeing a whole bunch of big time celebs running away from lil ghosties. I thought Depp had a certain innocence to him in Edward Scissorhands. Then again we are talking about two different characters: A man who killed ruthlessly in hopes of seeing his mother, and a sort of childlike, naive creation who didn't quite know any better. Hmm...i just don't know. Maybe it could be possible.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Krist. wrote:
Girl Interrupted wrote:I would love to see this game as a movie! Don't get me wrong its great to play but it does get old pretty quickly, with running back and forth, etc. But the story in the game is so strong I think it could work.

that picture looks horrible. and photoshopped. horribly photoshopped.

i don't think bacon could quite pull off the act, though... there should be something eerie and child-like about whoever plays walter, and bacon doesn't have that.
Actually that was not photoshopped, that's how he look's in the movie Beauty Shop. That's the only pic I could find of him in that film. I just remember watching the previews and thinking that he looked alot like Walter with that hair.

But yeah I agree about the actor needing to have something "eerie and child-like" just wanted to point out he really does look like him... well in that movie.
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

All right, I know I'm going to get totally flamed for this, but: Jack Black.

Everyone is used to seeing him as this happy, jolly guy, but he's also got this borderline maniacal intensity about him that occasionally comes through. If he could tap into both of those personality aspects simultaneously, and grow out his hair, I think he would be a kickass Walter.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

quite frankly I think kg would be a great andrew desilvo(er whatev he name be). have michael cera as jasper. have kate beckinsale as cynthia. paul giamatti as richard branchtree. keanu reeves as henry (he kicked ass in constantine). and here's the kicker...the perfect eileen...fran drescher. I actually think a movie adaptation of this would be a bad idea.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Eh, I'm not so sure it would work out great. I'll bet the outcome would be interesting, but... I think it would also turn out rather corny in movie form. I'm also wondering how exactly the bigger story would be approached (if it was even approached) and how many people would get it.

But, I don't mean to sound like an ass. It's something I'd be interested to see.
Andros
Just Passing Through

Post by Andros »

I thought Sean Bean would make a great Walter Sullivan...too bad he was in Silent Hill: Movie already.
Pain strikes like lightning.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I always throught Walter seemed a long haired Brad Pitt...

Anyway I think this guy from, Butterfly Effect looks exactly like Henry!! I was amazed watching that movie the last year...

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>I always throught Walter seemed a long haired Brad Pitt...
Yes! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees that.

As for Ashton Kutcher as Henry, I can see the similarity in hairstyle and clothing, but his facial features are very different. That being said, I'm pretty sure he can deliver the line "What the hell?" in a convincing manner. Wait a minute, I'm getting an idea. . .

Ashton Kutcher is Henry Townshend in. . . "The Room: Dude, Where's My Neighbor?"
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Watch the movie remake of "The Hills have Eyes" ...The main character IS Henry.

Edit: Also I totally agree with the Brad Pitt thing.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Yeah that guy from The hills Have Eyes always did remind me of Henry. Same clothes and hair.
Damn, nice call on Brad Pitt! :o
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'd rather read the novelization.

Though, the first time I saw Frank Sunderland I also saw Michael Gambon (Dumbelore in HP-films)
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.