Death caused by...*Spoilers, duh!*...with an ending theory!

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I have to double that motion. The whole "Oh look, Travis could've maybe possibly killed these people all of sudden lol. Deepness, yo."

Totally unnecessary.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I know they needed a bad ending, and in a game that is supposed to be showing us the back story behind the first game, I understand it could be difficult. He can't "un-help" Alessa, and have it be that the god was born anyway, because we all know that doesn't happen. He didn't crash his truck like Harry crashed his jeep, so that ending wouldn't work, the whole "just a dream" thing. But really, throwing in random photos and trying to make it seem that Travis is a killer when everything else in the game points to the contrary?
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

^ I know, crazy huh? I have trouble finding that as the true ending.
Life changes daily so go with it!
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Maybe when I finally get my degree in Game Design, I'll apply at Climax, lol. If I could work my way towards their Silent Hill team, if I needed inspiration, I would come and ask you guys for help. :)
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Excuse me if I missed something, but aint this about the 'Cause Of Death' photos?

So back on the topic, what are they all about? I think it might have just been a puzzle that got left out of the final game. Like I noticed the 'overdose' photo was found in the rose suite, which has a picture of what looks like Marylyn Monroe on the wall. And the 'snake bite' photo was in the cleopatra suite. But what about the 'shotgun' photo and the other one? What were the other ones again?

One observation is that they all depict victims of suicide, which obviously connects with old Popa Grady.

What is their significance?
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I figured they were just puzzle clues that represented various forms of suicide. Perhaps methods Travis has contemplated?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When is it even remotely hinted at that Travis is suicidal?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

it was a little garbagee with the pictures. I kept going back and forth from them and finally I wrote down what went with who because I thought it were to be a puzzle. then I beat the game and was like, "where puzzle?" I'm on the boat of it being a puzzle they had to leave out. travis wasn't suicidal. he was homicidal...omgz didz you see allz the peoplez he killed az the butcher!? :oops:
TenderMercy
Just Passing Through

Post by TenderMercy »

^I did pretty much the same thing. I kept looking at the photos, waiting for something to come up where they would have some type of significance but nothing ever came up. Same with the room with all the shoes. It feels like there was a lot cut from the game that just made me think, 'Wait? That's all?' But that's just me.
...sounds like kittens...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

When is it even remotely hinted at that Travis is suicidal?
Nowhere, directly, but I'm sure someone in his position probably thought about it. I don't know, I'm just shooting in the dark to explain a stupid puzzle that probably has no meaning.
he was homicidal...omgz didz you see allz the peoplez he killed az the butcher!
...Like who?
daft_emu
Just Passing Through

Post by daft_emu »

I was reluctant to examine the pics thinking that they served a similar purpose as Angela's knife. Although the pic with Travis's dad did explain the use for the vise in the maintenance room.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Travis is suicidal... and homicidal... whatever. I never liked the "Bad" ending of Origins. It felt like they just threw it in at the last minute as an ending you ca get without needing some special hat dance. I got the bad ending my second playthrough w/o the assistance of a walkthrough.

I started a thread....somewhere in here about the link of these photos and the united answer I got was, "They are all ways to commit suicide." To which I asked, "Why those ways? And why those people?" If you think about it Nero, Cleopatra, possibly Monroe, are all famouse people, but the SHOTGUN death is not linked to anyone famous. the BROKEN HEART is only famous w/in Travis' world. His father is key part of Travis' life. But what of the SHOTGUN death?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, Kurt Cobain committed suicide by shotgun. His body was found in his Lake Washington home by an electrician. The "Death by Shotgun" photograph is located in the maintenance hallway.

Tenuous, though.

Ernest Hemingway, too, killed himself w/ a double-barreled shotgun to the face. And, as we should know, he has been previously alluded to in the Silent Hill series.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Mockingbird wrote:Well, Kurt Cobain committed suicide by shotgun. His body was found in his Lake Washington home by an electrician. The "Death by Shotgun" photograph is located in the maintenance hallway.

Tenuous, though.

Ernest Hemingway, too, killed himself w/ a double-barreled shotgun to the face. And, as we should know, he has been previously alluded to in the Silent Hill series.
I guess I could except that.

I knew of the Cobain bit, but didn't really think of him on the same, "famous" level as the others.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Plenty of people in Stephen King's works have killed themselves via shotgun, but I doubt that's gonna lead to anything. >_<
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

so?
snakebite=cleopatra
shotgun=hemmingway
dagger=nero
overdose=lisa
broken heart=travis's pops

is that right?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

leftshoe18 wrote:so?
snakebite=cleopatra
shotgun=hemmingway
dagger=nero
overdose=lisa
broken heart=travis's pops

is that right?
Ah, yes, the "Hemmingway solution..."I forgot the term for it, lol.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Lisa is still alive 7 years later and she doesn't die of an overdose as far as we know.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Yeah I thought overdose was Marylin Munroe cause her picture is on the wall in that room.

And you know what when you lay it out like that, with Travis' Poppa at the end it does seem to have more relivance. Like how your interpretation of the photos lead your interpretation of the overall story. I like the way they've done that. It sort of mixes puzzle and story in a very cool way.

More of that would be good.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

If you ask me, I think the Broken Heart photo seems alittle out of place since the other ones involve famous suicides.