Silent Hill 4 movie

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I thought Sean Bean would make a great Walter Sullivan...too bad he was in Silent Hill: Movie already.
Nearly Perfect Idea!! :mrgreen:
I personally think that Kevin Bacon is a bit too queer for the role of Walter.
I want to see who would be Henry! That guy would definantly have to be a cutie!

But as far as Aaron Stanford goes for being Henry, I actually think he's a bit severe. Um, Brad Pitt.. I think he might be a bit too gruffy looking now to play Henry & Ashton Kutcher.. almost there.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I thought we established in the lolerfied picture thread that Henry and Keanu Reeves were seperated at birth.

BlackFire

Post by BlackFire »

Krist. wrote:
Girl Interrupted wrote:I would love to see this game as a movie! Don't get me wrong its great to play but it does get old pretty quickly, with running back and forth, etc. But the story in the game is so strong I think it could work.

As for who should play Walter, I'm not too sure. But there is an actor (other than your pic of Johnny) that I thought looked like him, Kevin Bacon:

Just dirty him up a little and there ya go! :P

Actually he would do a great job with that role, he was awesome in Stir of Echoes, and has played quite a few antagonists.
that picture looks horrible. and photoshopped. horribly photoshopped.

i don't think bacon could quite pull off the act, though... there should be something eerie and child-like about whoever plays walter, and bacon doesn't have that.
Dude, how could you say that? He looks just like Walter.
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

Like it's been said before, if done right, the movie would be awesome. It's my 2nd favorite SH game too.

It's weird, Henry reminds me a lot from that guy that comes out in Six Feet Under and I bet he would play him good too.

And Viggo Mortensen (don't know if I spelled that right) would make a cool psychotic Walter imo.
ShotDownSlurper
Just Passing Through

Post by ShotDownSlurper »

It could be an amazing movie... The problem is that usually movies have little or nothing to do with the actual game or book... They could just throw in there a PH appearance just 'cause he looks cool just like they did on the SH movie and turn Henry into a blonde chick so I'm not so sure of what could come out... Plus Cynthia would end up showing up like the creepy girl from The Ring and her hair would cover the entire screen... It's a pretty deep story, so I personally think that if they did try making this, it'd turn out better as dvd series, maybe 5 or 6 chapters for those who really like the story... People usually want to see the "blood-gore-kill-haunt" movie and most didn't even know there was a SH game before they watched the movie so it's not so likely for them to know it goes as far as a SH4 :shock:
Death of the body just means little----Severs the last tie to reality closing the way back
1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

^ Agreed :] Though I wasn't completely pissed off with the SH movie, I didn't like that they just slapped in Pyramid Head just for shits and giggles. I like the idea of it being a dvd series, now that you mention it. They could do wonders as long as it was pulled off right.
Della302Ashfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Della302Ashfield »

YAY! trapped in the room movie hell yeah. That would be brilliant. I would be sure to love that... :P
Markdriscoll
Just Passing Through

Post by Markdriscoll »

Oh... I dont know...
The movie would be nice!!

But... I am not sure if is it really true.
The end is komming...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I've been saying Kevin Bacon should star in a Silent Hill film since 1999.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

U guys are on 2 something here. Viggo Mortensen would be cool as Walter and the guy from hills have eyes could be Henry. Who would play Cynthia or Eileen? I bet Jessica Alba could pull off Eileen!
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

MisterGrey wrote:All right, I know I'm going to get totally flamed for this, but: Jack Black.

Everyone is used to seeing him as this happy, jolly guy, but he's also got this borderline maniacal intensity about him that occasionally comes through. If he could tap into both of those personality aspects simultaneously, and grow out his hair, I think he would be a kickass Walter.
I can't say I agree with you, but I'm glad you brought him up, because that got me to thinking...

Maybe Jack Black would make a good Eddie in a SH2-based movie. Like you said, maniacal intensity. He'd do great in that role.

As for Walter, I'm actually leaning toward Ryan Gosling. His performance in Stay sort of reminds me of Walter, although not nearly as violent. I think he could make a good Walter.

I also like Adjective Ryan's suggestion of Paul Giamatti as Richard Branchtree, and blank fairy's suggestion of Viggo Mortensen as another possible Walter candidate.

What about Josh Harnett as Henry?
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
11x20
Hope House Careworker

Post by 11x20 »

Josh Harne... no, you're kidding right?
The movie would have to be called something like, "Escape from Josh Harnett's Eyebrows" and have some blonde with a D-cup running around just kind of randomly and maybe throw in a few pop-rock songs... No, no.... keep that crap away from my Silent Hill... I'd sooner see (shudder) Keanu Reeves as Henry.

Although I agree with you pretty hardcore-like on Ryan Gosling as Walter. He does look like he could pull it off, and save for a few bipolar moments, Walter didn't have a very violent demeanor. He was actually rather placid.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=420479#420479/][img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/404errord/waltersig1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5020211/1/Afterlife][ e x a m i n e ? ][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/][dA][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/gallery/#A-F-T-E-R-L-I-F-E][project page][/url]
PyramidHead1036
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidHead1036 »

It'd be hard to get a good actor for Sullivan.. Sadistic evil killer with a lot of childish innocence?

house of 1000 corpses comes to mind with sheri moon's role. but she's a girl.

but if there WAS a SH4 movie... and it got pulled off right, I would love it.
I think the concept of the entire story is great and would be hard to pull off perfectly, but more than possible.
Interrupted.
Just Passing Through

Post by Interrupted. »

I'm currently writing a Silent Hill 4: The Room fan-script. I'm far from finished, only 46 pages in, but that's because I'm juggling this and another script.

Anyone want to read the first few scenes?
Happy Burger
Just Passing Through

Post by Happy Burger »

Interrupted. wrote:Anyone want to read the first few scenes?
f*ck yeah, mate :]
Interrupted.
Just Passing Through

Post by Interrupted. »

Check out "In My Restless Dreams..." in Indian Runner.
flown
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by flown »

dvd idea sounds great. i think a long haired mat damon could pull of a terriffying walter, same boyish look, with a little sinister grin around the lips.
http://bigyellowtaxi.files.wordpress.co ... /matt2.jpg
Long before the existence of Silent Hill, the ground there was seen as sacred by native americans and it was the place where rituals occured...

[img]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/vollublevolar/homecoming-1-5-1-1.jpg[/img]
Pyramidhead777
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidhead777 »

It would be a great great great movie IF they follow tha games plot to tha word. But they wont. So I think itz a great idea, but impossible
RIP
2pac
ODB
BIG
Eazy E
Big L
And everyone else
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

I think Silent Hill 4 would really work as a movie adaptation. In fact, I think it's the most fitting to have a movie made of, followed by Silent Hill 2 as a close second. Both have great stories.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I'm sort of set on the Keanue being Henry thing XD I've always had a thing for whenever my friends and I run across a picture of him on comedy websites saying 'This is just proof more that Keanue is Henry Townshends father' (To bad they don't play so all they know is I'm talking about that game with that guy again ;-; ) Plus that picture earlier was just utterly perfect earlier

Than again I agree with 11,keep popular eye candy actors away from Silent Hill.

But I'm arguing with myself now because Jack Black as Eddie would be much to enjoyable XD!