What's the deal with the supply items?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

What's the deal with the supply items?

Post by Rob Matter »

Particularly the health items. They don't always appear in the locations they should, and I suspect is has something to with (A) how many health items you currently have in your inventory and/or (B) what your current health status is. In other words, if Travis is in Green Health and has an abundance of health items, the game tends not to be generous.

Evaluate?

I'm playing the PS2 version, btw.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

So you're playing it on the PS2? That'd be it.

The PS2 version, as you may know, is overall harder than the PSP version. So yes - on the PS2 the game is less generous when it comes to health drinks.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Yunee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yunee »

I'm glad I'm not the only person to notice this- health and stamina drinks seem to be pretty scarce for me at the moment- I wouldn't mind though, but I barely have any, and still can't find many XD I'm also on ps2 version, btw.
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/218/0/2/You_bet__they_die____by_Yunee.jpg[/img]

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I remember wishing for more health items, but I just had to tough it out. I ran around the sanitarium on the verge of death for a while. The pounding heart nearly drove me crazy. I had to play a part or two more than once and just get good enough at it to avoid taking all that damage.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The more you suck, the more items will appear. Basically.

My first time through, I kept dying against the Butcher because I didn't have any health remaining, nor could I find any. Then, after repeated (re: failed) attempts, I found a health kit hiding behind a van. It wasn't there the previous times.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Well, this bodes well. I haven't gotten this one yet, but even on the harder levels I had health items and ammo in massive abundance at the end of every game. I'm a huge Melee nut and spend a long time getting enemy timing down so I can Melee most baddies in the games. The dogs and air screamers in the first game are still some of the hardest to melee.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

I'm currently in the sanitarium now :< It's definately frustrating me. I had a file before but I started a new one, you know, fresh start so I could conserve my items the next time. On my last game before I made a new file, I was still in the sanitarium except I pretty much used a health drink after every time I fought an enemy considering they whoop the shit out of me. I hate them dayum straight jackets :< Health drinks are pretty scare though. Even when I needed them the most I couldn't find any ._. Now I'm trying to just run past every monster I encounter, but I just feel like I can explore and look around better without any of them douches trying to ambush me. Makes me feel rushed cause they're coming for me ._.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I actually, didn't notice this for awhile.

I did not die during my first play throughs, so I didn't have any divine intervention, but my 5th time through, I died my first time after I got lost in the town and happened to notice after continuing that there was an energy drink near the doors of the City Hall building that had not been there before. Also, I find that sometimes, in the alley across from the hospital, sometimes there is only one health drink, but sometimes, there is 2.
RestlessxDreams3
Just Passing Through

Post by RestlessxDreams3 »

I noticed that too! I was at the point of dying through about 60% of the whole game. And then everytime I found a health drink or a first aid kit I had to use it right then and there. >_<
[img]http://i12.tinypic.com/4l75lk3.jpg[/img]
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I haven't noticed this.
The only thing that I noticed is that once you beat the game a couple of times, some of the health items end up being differently. Like if I wrote down that there was a health drink somewhere, it would end up being an energy drink.
I've noticed that there's less melee weapons as you play on a harder level, but I haven't noticed the supply on health increse. But I haven't really died in the game either, so that might be it.
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

There are harder difficulty levels with the PSP version?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i still haven't died playing this game and i beat it like 6 times.
i haven't noticed an absense of health items.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Okay, today I was bored and decided to play on my PSP.
It does get alittle harder after you beat the games a couple of times. Idk exactly how much or what level it gets to.
WickedQu33n
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by WickedQu33n »

I think it gets easier cuz u know what's coming.

And its all the same difficulty on psp.
[b]you can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian[/b]
:shock:
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

But I could be missing the difficulty since I adore the gauntlets :mrgreen:
WickedQu33n
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by WickedQu33n »

Yep there is only one default difficulty on psp...and ps2 if im not mistaken.
[b]you can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian[/b]
:shock:
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I'm thinking that it goes from an easy to a normal level.
Liquid Snake
Just Passing Through

Post by Liquid Snake »

angelofROOM302 wrote:I'm thinking that it goes from an easy to a normal level.
I dont think it changes at all. :?
May the force be with you.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Hmmm. Other things that I notice change though, like the weapon/item supply. That's why I assumed that it got harder. Even some people mentioned getting killed, which I thought couldn't happen on the set level that the game is at. But maybe that's just me. I haven't died yet.
Liquid Snake
Just Passing Through

Post by Liquid Snake »

I was talking about the diffculty not the weapons/item etc etc. :|
May the force be with you.