Q's about SH4 ***spoilers***

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Q's about SH4 ***spoilers***

Post by Anonymous »

i've just finished the game and got the "21 sacrements" ending. anyway,

1. where you see that little boy in the room, and that other dude with the long hair.. is that the same person? so does that mean that boy is in the apartment by himself calling for his mum?

2. from that start, you start off in the bloody room and everything, and then later on its all clean as you play through the game. why did it change so quickly? when u finish the game too it has the same room with all the blood etc. as you first started off in the game.

3. who chained up the door?

4. seeing as joseph lived in that room 302 before and then "dissapeared", how did walter get in the room in the first place?! (as the sunderland saw him carrying a black bag with a body inside it....who was in the bag??
Jedah
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jedah »

1- Yes they are the same person. After Walter performs the Holy Assumption (10 hearts sacraments) his identity is split in two: one is the 24 year old Walter, and the other is the 6 year old Wally.

2- Many believe that the when you start the game in that alternate room, you are playing as Joseph Schreiber, or rather Henry dreaming that his living Joseph's nightmare. The room is bloody at the end because you got the worst ending.

3- Walter Sullivan. It's written in the same door "Don't go out, Walter".

4- Walter visited that room before Joseph or Henry lived there.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/jedahpr/banner7v2.jpg[/img]
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Jedah wrote:
2- Many believe that the when you start the game in that alternate room, you are playing as Joseph Schreiber, or rather Henry dreaming that his living Joseph's nightmare. The room is bloody at the end because you got the worst ending.

going along those lines, it must be joseph cause why does he say they arn't his books, he doesn't have a TV which a record player used to be there, and the picture of henry which he says who is he?
so it must be joseph?
also, when you start you hear a scream, who is that?
Æ
Historical Society Historian
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Post by Æ »

Your Joseph in that bit, before he "collapsed". Dreamed by Henry, of course.
As for the scream, I think it´s just to freak you out a bit..
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

>who was in the bag??

The "good" Walter.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

FBA 6100 wrote:>who was in the bag??

The "good" Walter.
the kid?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

No. The Walter who was arrested and sent to prison. The kid Walter isn't "born"/created until after Walter puts himself up on the cross, and after he creates his "dreamworld"/Kingdom.

The hearts were in the bag, by the way. The "heavy" thing Walter was carrying was the corpse of his other half, which committed suicide. I know it sounds crazy, but there have been weirder things--Cheryl and Alessa, for example.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Garland Plastics
Just Passing Through

Re: Q's about SH4 ***spoilers***

Post by Garland Plastics »

I didn't wanted to create a new thread sooo....

1. Is their button for creating screenshots?
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Well, the default means of getting a screenshot is pressing a key that should say "prnt scrn" somewhere on it. However, this will require you to leave the game and paste it into a program that can use it.

I recommend the demo (or full, if you want to pay for it) version of FRAPS.
http://www.fraps.com/

It's completely dedicated to just capturing video and images from games. I've only used it for SH2, mostly, but it's really convenient. It has it set up to where one key will do a screencapture, and it saves the image into a folder of your choice. Really nice not having to alt+tab the game and paste it into something else.

Since it's the demo, I believe there might be some compression to the image, or something like that. The full version allows for unlimited time recording and highest quality screengrabs. It's still more than useable in the demo version, though, and I highly recommend it.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Anonymous wrote:i've just finished the game and got the "21 sacrements" ending. anyway,

1. where you see that little boy in the room, and that other dude with the long hair.. is that the same person? so does that mean that boy is in the apartment by himself calling for his mum?
^
The little boy is little Walter, his "innocent" or " guilty conscious" side.

2. from that start, you start off in the bloody room and everything, and then later on its all clean as you play through the game. why did it change so quickly? when u finish the game too it has the same room with all the blood etc. as you first started off in the game.
^
As I am sure it has been stated, the beginning of the game is just a dream sequence where you play as Joseph Schrieber.

3. who chained up the door?

I believe Walter chained up the door sometime after he brought up his corpse along with all the tools and stuff you see in the back room. It's more of a mystery as to how he plastered/painted the wall back up after ward, unless Frank did it.

4. seeing as joseph lived in that room 302 before and then "dissapeared", how did walter get in the room in the first place?! (as the sunderland saw him carrying a black bag with a body inside it....who was in the bag??
^
After Walter performed the Ritual of the Holy Assumption, he dug up his corpse from the cemetery near the orphanage, and carried it up to Room 302. It is his body in the bag. I also believe there was a report that he was seen again carrying up something pretty heavy....My guess is that it was the refrigerator.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Walter couldn't perform the ritual without both halves of himself. He dug up his own corpse after that self committed suicide in prison.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
He killed himself to complete the Ritual of the Holy Assumption. So I said AFTER he performed this ritual, he dug up his own corpse from the cemetery.
Sorry Tom, I was assuming that you knew I meant that his suicide was part of him performing the said ritual.
Unless I am wrong..?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, he killed himself in prison over the guilt for killing the Locane kids. Another "half" of him was still out there, until he dug up his own corpse and took it to Room 302. Then he performed the Ritual of the Holy Assumption/Liberation.

At least, this is what I believe, as it actually accounts for both Walters seen and mentioned in Joseph's journal.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

[quote="The Adversary"]No, he killed himself in prison over the guilt for killing the Locane kids. Another "half" of him was still out there, until he dug up his own corpse and took it to Room 302. Then he performed the Ritual of the Holy Assumption/Liberation.

^
The Second Sign
And God said,
Offer the Blood of the Ten Sinners and the White Oil.
Be then release from the bonds of the flesh, and gain the Power of Heaven.

It seems like in order for Walter to be "resurrected" ( and to create his own world), he had to perform the Ritual of the Holy Assumption, which, according to this passage from the Descent of the Holy Mother, has to be done with the Blood of the Ten Sinners ( their hearts i assume) and the White Oil. And obviously he couldn't have had these items in prison, so he performed the ritual after he killed himself, so you are right about that, my fault.

I am still figuring out how he " resurrected himself" before he did the Ritual...unless it really wasn't him that got imprisoned, maybe it was some copycat.
If it was a copycat, then it would make sense that is how Walter was able to successfully fulfill the Ritual.
But for some reason, I have a doubt that this theory is correct.....
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The copycat or double idea doesn't work because we know, from SILENT HILL 2's article, that he was arrested. It was only postulated by Joseph in his journal, but even he disproves his own theory.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Oh yeah, I forgot about that article.
So it definetly was Walter who died in prison...
Then how did he "resurrect himself" before he performed the Ritual?
Unless part of the ritual is that you do kill yourself, then come back, and finish the ritual performance....( by you I mean Walter) ( if this is true, I don't believe it is mentioned in the scriptures, though I will need to look again)
And if that is not sensible, then it seems to me like it's some kind of plot hole. Like the developers left this out, which I personally highly doubt.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I suggest there are two Walters: one imprisoned, the other not.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Then how was Walter able to split himself?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It wasn't a conscious decision.

SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM was written at the same time as SILENT HILL 2, and in SILENT HILL 2 the original script, before a massive revision, involved "doubles." Much like Mary/Maria, another was James/Joseph Barkin.

I suspect this concept was carried over into THE ROOM, so that Walter had his own "double" as himself. This helps explain why when he was arrested he yelled, "I did it, but it wasn't me!"

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Walter simply means he wasn't himself when he killed the victims ( valtiel was snuck into his mond by the cult). like he was possessed.