Theres something wierd in the 'intro'

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Theres something wierd in the 'intro'

Post by Anonymous »

Theres something that bothers me about the intro on SH2 (You know, that cutscene if you dont touch anything when its on the main menu). There are a couple of bits in there I dont remember seeing in the game, and I've been through it god knows how many times. One of the peices I'm talking of is when you see laura and eddie next to a van in a street. Eddie's sittin down munchin on his pizza (Which I would love to know where the hell he got it from :? ).
Another peice is when you see Angela running down a corridor, as if running away from something. If anyone could put me out of my curiosity on this, thanks in advance.

jazznazz
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

I'm not sure when it comes to the part with Eddie and Laura. But I do think that Angela is running down the halls of her house from her father.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

Eddie and Laura in front of the van was the original location before they were put in the bowling alley.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Wasn't this asked before...?

They were things either cut from the game or made for the intro movie itself. Eddie and Laura by the van is one of those instances. They changed it because it would be hard to explain why no one could see Maria when she came walking up with James...
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

Krist. wrote:Wasn't this asked before...?
I'm sure it has been, but there aren't any topics about it that I could see.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

There are things in the intro meant to explain certain events...you could just assume Eddie and Laura by the van happened some time before the bowling alley...possibly minutes before.

Angela running through that house may actually be one of two things

1. she is running away to go to Silent Hill, after an argument.
2. we're seeing her in her own version of the town, which is an old white house sometimes.

I'm more curious about the mannequins being swallowed into that hole, then spat back out towards the end of the intro....that needs discussion.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

What's really interesting in the intro movie is that continuous camera whirl over that cylindrical heap of writhing body parts. Judging from the brief flashes we see of it it looks to be under the floordboards of some location. No idea what it could possibly mean, but the cyclical nature of it, combined with the sexual aspects probably have something to do with Jame's fate...
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

The Necronoir wrote:What's really interesting in the intro movie is that continuous camera whirl over that cylindrical heap of writhing body parts. Judging from the brief flashes we see of it it looks to be under the floordboards of some location. No idea what it could possibly mean, but the cyclical nature of it, combined with the sexual aspects probably have something to do with Jame's fate...

They look like mannequins to me.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

They are.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The opening has some scenes that tries to explain previous evemnts in the game same that the opening of SH 1... Anyway, the woman that James is hlding is Mary or Maria?? The background looks like cells so I can suposs that is Maria... But james left her in the roomso I'm not really sure...
Droo

Post by Droo »

Scenes in the intro movies/trailers that aren't in the game proper aren't unique to SH2. Need I remind you of Harry and Mrs. Mason with Cheryl in the graveyard from SH1? The infamous secluded house from SH1? The arcane man from SH4?

Really, the only intro/trailer that I can think of that contains only images from the game proper is SH3.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

James is holding Mary.

I figured that white house was where Angela lived, originally, in Silent Hill. Her running is symbolic of her fear towards her father, and men in general.. But I always kind of thought that the white house looks like the Wish House... (I don't think it is, though.)
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Don't forget Pyramid Head in other locations. Heh.

I like the fact that most of the games have pre-release animations in the opening film. It's like getting an extra piece of the puzzle, albeit often misleading ones.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

saturn beads wrote:James is holding Mary.
Obviously you haven't looked hard enough.

The body he is carrying has the outline of boots on the legs as he turns when lifting it. It's Maria's body.
iseetheecorruptly
Just Passing Through

Post by iseetheecorruptly »

"I give you blood to atone for the three sins"
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

It doesn't say who James is holding. It says 'a woman in his arms'. It could be anybody.
iseetheecorruptly
Just Passing Through

Post by iseetheecorruptly »

its just a woman could be mary, its probably from the water ending from when he carries mary off the bed could be a snapshott off that scene
"I give you blood to atone for the three sins"
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

>The body he is carrying has the outline of boots on the legs as he turns when lifting it. It's Maria's body.

Did anyone read that? That's the conclusion I would make based on seeing that clip; being said or not.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
setsuna_PT
Just Passing Through

Post by setsuna_PT »

iseetheecorruptly wrote:http://translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/P ... review.jpg this should help you out!
WOW this page is really cool :P :shock:
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,setsuna-unl-PT.png[/img][/url]
... kimi wa hikari... boku wa kage...
white rabbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by white rabbit »

its seems like hes a prisoner to his guilt, carrying the women like emotional baggage.....me thinks :|
"My days of taking you serious are close to a middle." - Firefly
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/iczerfae/All_SHf.jpg[/img]