Why a mask for snowwhite and a red shoe for cinderella?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Why a mask for snowwhite and a red shoe for cinderella?

Post by Kupomee »

In that fairytale ride in the Amusement Park, I never got the meaning of those two items you give to the big Cinderella and Snowwhite dolls and why they were needed before you could proceed.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

I'm sure the shoe for Cinderella is part of the fairytale; when she loses one of her glass slippers when running away from the ball at midnight.

I don't remember any mention of a mask in any Snow White tales though, and a quick Wikipedia and Google search hasn't brought anything up - perhaps someone else can shed a bit more light on this?
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
It Burns
Just Passing Through

Post by It Burns »

I remember from the first game that Alessa really liked fairy tales so it may have just been because of that. I don't know why Snow White has a mask though. Maybe it had something to do with Heather masking her true self and the red shoe was a symbol for blood. If I remember correctly wasn't Cinderella's shoe gold in the original story?
Last edited by It Burns on 31 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.
KOIBITO
Just Passing Through

Post by KOIBITO »

The shoe was made of glass i think..
Never forgive me, never forget me.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Cinderella lost a glass slipper in the Disney way. :?

It really didn't make any sence to give Snow White a mask and Cinderella a red shoe. Maybe that's how the story went in Japan? Idk, it's just weird.
Maybe the mask was to show how they killed Snow White. Without an apple though? Sounds weird. I'm like typing what i'm thinking! :roll:

OO! I have a good explanation that I came up with! The mask was to cover up Snow White's beauty. That witch lady always looked in the mirror and expected to be the most beautiful lady in the land, which was untrue since Snow White was still alive. That makes much sense! At least for me it does.

And for Cinderella, remember that really scary like German or whatever version of the story? About that evil stepsister that cut off her toes so that her foot would fit into the shoe? Well, I guess that's why the shoe is red. Stained with her mothers blood!
I feel good about coming up with this. :mrgreen:
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Yeah sounds like that might be the answer, I don't really know that much about fairy tales and stuff besides what Disney told me :shock: .
Certainly worth looking into the original versions of the stories some more for this...if only I had the time.

An ugly mask would have saved Snowwhite from that witch, an extra shoe would have saved Cinderella somehow? Like when she loses one of the glass shoes in that story, something like that?
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I thought the item you found to give to the Snowwhite statue was a doll's head, not a mask.
Last edited by Terminus on 31 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.
verychillyicemilk
Hope House Careworker

Post by verychillyicemilk »

Yeah it was.
https://soundcloud.com/conor_hedley
http://conor-hedley.tumblr.com/
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

:evil:
Darn! IT's a doll head! That practically kills everything that I just said! :cry:
Shows that I really need to replay this game.

Waitt! Even if it's a dolls head, it could kind of still be the same concept.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

The doll's head was roughly the size and shape of an apple. Make sense now?

(think of Indiana Jones substituting a bag of sand for a golden idol)
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

Maybe it's kind of like a 'Grims fairytales' sort of setup. Or maybe it's because fairytales change over the years?? lol, No idea.
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Right, size of an apple, like a poison apple, makes sense of some kind.
So the items you give to the dolls are substitutes for what SHOULD be there, then the red shoe replaces what should have been a glass shoe.
Still no idea about a possible meaning. Well, an ugly head to replace Snowwhite's beautyfull head and a bloodred shoe to replace a lost glass one. Bloodred and ugly being evil things fitting in Allessa's nightmare.
Won't know the meaning for sure until an expert on this stuff comes along.
verychillyicemilk
Hope House Careworker

Post by verychillyicemilk »

We'll just have to summon Mockingbird!
https://soundcloud.com/conor_hedley
http://conor-hedley.tumblr.com/
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Noo!
I have to be right about the shoe! It makes perfect sence! 8)
Self-Seeker
Just Passing Through

Post by Self-Seeker »

Weren't there Snow White and Cinderella music boxes in a puzzle in Silent Hill 2? I believe it was at the Lakeview Hotel. But I think there was also a Little Mermaid box in that game. Weird coincidence? Motif?
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^Yeah.
I don't think it's a conicidence though.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

angelofROOM302 wrote::evil:
Darn! IT's a doll head! That practically kills everything that I just said! :cry:
Shows that I really need to replay this game.

Waitt! Even if it's a dolls head, it could kind of still be the same concept.
Even if it was a mask and not a dolls head, what you said was just a shot in the dark anyway. it seems to me that these items were just personal effects of cindy and SW and not really related to their appropriate disney tales whatsoever.. as in the items themselves did not bare any signifigance other than to be a run and fetch puzzle. :roll:
revalations 23:16
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I never said they had anything to do with Disney really. If you've ever heard of these stories you'd agree with me.
Stop trying to tear my glory from me! :x
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

So, the Shoe and Doll-head are some manifestation of Alessa forcing Heather to corrupt the world consciously herself for once by first removing those two items from a normally happy fairy-tale set and giving Heather some cool evil variations.
Like how Alessa (or someone...) allready corrupted four of the 7 dwarfs but couldn't or wouldn't get to the rest of the jolly fairytale creatures. Maybe because Alessa liked stories.
Still doesn't explain the reason for the bloody shoe or the dollhead though that was kind of explained allready, just something I came up with.

Why do you find the doll-head among some candles, a goblet and a glass ball (with crest) in the Fortune-teller-place? And why the red shoe in the spotlight on the stage?
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Kupomee wrote:So, the Shoe and Doll-head are some manifestation of Alessa forcing Heather to corrupt the world consciously herself for once by first removing those two items from a normally happy fairy-tale set and giving Heather some cool evil variations.
Like how Alessa (or someone...) allready corrupted four of the 7 dwarfs but couldn't or wouldn't get to the rest of the jolly fairytale creatures. Maybe because Alessa liked stories.
Still doesn't explain the reason for the bloody shoe or the dollhead though that was kind of explained allready, just something I came up with.

Why do you find the doll-head among some candles, a goblet and a glass ball (with crest) in the Fortune-teller-place? And why the red shoe in the spotlight on the stage?
thats as good an explantion as any... :wink:
revalations 23:16