the sacrifices!!! *huge spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Post by Droo »

When Josh falls on the boat, you hear a big SNAP. He breaks his neck when he falls.

As for Holloway's motives with regards to Alex and Elle, she already knows that there's no way for things to be fixed if she kills Alex. She's driven by retribution for the death of her daughter being for nothing. The way she sees it, they're all going to die, but she'll be damned if she doesn't teach Alex and Elle a lesson before their numbers are up.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Drewfus wrote:When Josh falls on the boat, you hear a big SNAP. He breaks his neck when he falls.

As for Holloway's motives with regards to Alex and Elle, she already knows that there's no way for things to be fixed if she kills Alex. She's driven by retribution for the death of her daughter being for nothing. The way she sees it, they're all going to die, but she'll be damned if she doesn't teach Alex and Elle a lesson before their numbers are up.
I thought I heard a SNAP too but I had company over at the time so its good to have confirmation. I have to agree on Holloway's motives too, she was just plain crazy by the time the drill scene starts, probably long before....
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: the sacrifices!!! *huge spoilers*

Post by AuraTwilight »

sh#1fan wrote:
henrytownshend21 wrote:I just realized that Margret (judge holloway) said that they had to kill their own flesh and blood their children to keep the gods away.(keyword: their) well if she killed Alex then it wouldn't stop because he is not her child! The town would still be cursed no matter what. Plus if she killed him it would end the 4 families

Adam dies (ripped in half)
Lillian dies (crushed or shot)
Josh dies (drowning)
Alex (drilled,drowned, abuducted,turns into Pyeamid head)

Who would carry the family name?
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Did you get the good ending with the extended ending? Josh is alive :D
That's quite obviously supposed to be a joke thing, like all the smiling characters in SH1's credits. As much as I want your spoiler to be true. ¬_¬
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Caim

Post by Caim »

Droo wrote:When Josh falls on the boat, you hear a big SNAP. He breaks his neck when he falls.
Even if he does break his neck, for the love of God, Alex should NOT have just let him fall and sink, ghost stories of the lake spooking him out or not. It's just plain cowardly.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well I guess Alex isn't as badass as everyone once though eh? in this regard Alex is pretty much your average protagonist.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

With all of Alex's superhuman abilities I think he could have managed a brief dive and search.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Even if he does break his neck, for the love of God, Alex should NOT have just let him fall and sink, ghost stories of the lake spooking him out or not. It's just plain cowardly.
Why SHOULD he have jumped in? Joshua was pretty much already dead before he even hit the water.
With all of Alex's superhuman abilities I think he could have managed a brief dive and search.
Alex doesn't have any superhuman abilities. Except precognition. XP
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Caim

Post by Caim »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Why SHOULD he have jumped in? Joshua was pretty much already dead before he even hit the water.
Because Joshua is Alex's brother, Alex cared for him, and even if he knew at that point Joshua was dead, NO human being with any sort of compassion would just let someone sink like that, dead or not. Wouldn't Alex want some closure as to whether or not he could have actually saved Josh? Or at the very least, wanted the body for a decent burial?

I'm sorry, I like Alex as a protagonist, but you can't justify him watching Josh falling into the water and going, "Well, that sucks. Better go tell dad."
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

I don't really see it like that.

When I was 3, my brother pushed me into our pool, and I didn't know how to swim. I was drowning, and I remember my struggle to get to the surface. And he just... stood there, staring in awe, and after what seemed to me like 15 minutes (obviously not that long) he finally ran to tell my parents to come get me.

I think Alex just locked up, which would explain the fact that he becomes mentally unstable after the fact. He couldn't believe what just happened. If the whole incident turned him unstable because he truly believed that he "could save him" there is an obvious loving relationship for his brother.

In moments like that, his brain chokes and he doesn't know what to do. The first thing he'd probably think is to get his dad. We don't know if he actually thought to jump in, but considering his breakdown I don't believe he really thought it had happened; that it could be true.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I agree with Darth, he probably locked up, frozen from shock and fear. You're expecting him to have superhuman courage, conviction, and willpower, and that's just directly against Silent Hill's nature as a series.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Why SHOULD he have jumped in?
Do you, or anyone else, really believe Alex and Adam could have found Joshua's body in the lake after leaving? Of course Alex went in after him. Remember: An entire boat vanished on the lake, never to be seen again. A body is a lot more difficult to locate than a boat. . . .

Here's a test: Take a boat to your nearest lake or pond and drop the keys. Now, row back to shore, go home, then go back and find your keys.

Probably not gonna happen.

Joshua's neck snapped against the boat and his body dropped into the water, probably unconscious. You can see Joshua's X-rays in Alchemilla Hospital while Alex is dreaming.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

ummmmmmmmmm its silent hill~

If josh was dead... he could have been revived... like mary right?
Plus in the extended ending did you see the picture he takes? its the picture of yourself you find in the attic.
oO?
Caim

Post by Caim »

AuraTwilight wrote:You're expecting him to have superhuman courage, conviction, and willpower, and that's just directly against Silent Hill's nature as a series.
Sure don't recall mentioning anything about superhuman courage. Unless, you know, you mistook that for "compassion".

Besides, Mockingbird has a point- Alex had to have hopped in the water after him, it just wasn't shown via the cutscene. And that's a damn shame... it would've been an intense moment.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Caim wrote:And that's a damn shame... it would've been an intense moment.
It would have been. At first I thought he didn't jump in after him either. It was clearly very foggy and the waters were dark. His chances of finding him were much greater if he'd jumped in right then. The way they portrayed it, it seemed like he just went back to shore and went to get help.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Do you, or anyone else, really believe Alex and Adam could have found Joshua's body in the lake after leaving? Of course Alex went in after him. Remember: An entire boat vanished on the lake, never to be seen again. A body is a lot more difficult to locate than a boat. . . .

Here's a test: Take a boat to your nearest lake or pond and drop the keys. Now, row back to shore, go home, then go back and find your keys.

Probably not gonna happen.
Fair enough. I'm just going off what other people said since I haven't gotten that far yet. Also, in all fairness, the Little Baroness didn't sink or anything, it was spirited away.
Joshua's neck snapped against the boat and his body dropped into the water, probably unconscious. You can see Joshua's X-rays in Alchemilla Hospital while Alex is dreaming.
Those were Joshua's X-rays? I never noticed; that's badass.
ummmmmmmmmm its silent hill~

If josh was dead... he could have been revived... like mary right?
Plus in the extended ending did you see the picture he takes? its the picture of yourself you find in the attic.
Theoretically, he could've been, if Alex performed the ritual, but then, we don't know if it actually works. When James performs it in the Rebirth ending, it might've brought Mary back as a baby, or a zombie, or still sick, or just brought back Maria.

And I'm still of the mind that this extended scene is just a bonus. Though I do like the idea of Joshua's ghost running through space and time taking pictures. I wonder if he had an interest in photography?
Sure don't recall mentioning anything about superhuman courage. Unless, you know, you mistook that for "compassion".
Dude, it's a CORPSE. At that point, it's not compassion, it's desperate sentimentality.
Besides, Mockingbird has a point- Alex had to have hopped in the water after him, it just wasn't shown via the cutscene. And that's a damn shame... it would've been an intense moment.
Agreed.
Caim

Post by Caim »

Haha, okay then. Mutual agreement.

That went on forever. :|
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Terra
Just Passing Through

Post by Terra »

AuraTwilight wrote:@Joshua: Dude, his neck snapped on the boat. Even though the drowning was what finished him off, he was on a one-way ride to Deadsville.
Droo wrote:When Josh falls on the boat, you hear a big SNAP. He breaks his neck when he falls.
All along I thought that loud snapping sound when Josh fell was part of a sound effect...guess not all. Thanks for pointing out :)

Seeing that particular cutscene reminded me of a similiar accident happened to me too around Josh's age. My big bro took my care bear plushie and i demanded it back. There was a small fight, just like Josh; I lost balance and hit my head hard on the side of a pavement, tumbled down a steep concrete slope and into the canel deep water! Worst case; I'm afraid of water and death nearly claims me. Thank god, my bro came to my rescue....:roll:
Im being...summoned....

What's wrong with this place? Silent Hill...

If I were to venture deeper, I'll find the answer...
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^crazy, that had to be surreal to watch
Caim

Post by Caim »

Terra wrote:Thank god, my bro came to my rescue....:roll:
For one thing, that's an epic story. Glad you're still here! Haha.

And for another... this is exactly what I meant by actually doing something to save someone. Just to clarify. :)
Terra
Just Passing Through

Post by Terra »

Caim wrote: For one thing, that's an epic story. Glad you're still here! Haha.

And for another... this is exactly what I meant by actually doing something to save someone. Just to clarify.
LOL!! I know you all were discussing about Alex should dived after Josh etc but it just reminded me of that 'accident'. I always skipped that cutscene when it loads :wink:
Im being...summoned....

What's wrong with this place? Silent Hill...

If I were to venture deeper, I'll find the answer...