Possible Signifigance of the Sewer Monster?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

There was a memo on it being described by mantinance workers in the sewers that is why we are so confused since it seemed to exist long before Heather was ever there.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

I pointed out what I did because people asked about it, that's all. Aside from the memo mentioned by Detective Cartland, there is a fairly large sign on the floor in front of the door warning that there is danger in the next room. Technically, no, you don't have to make Heather look at it, but in reality one would have difficulty not noticing it.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Usually in the world of SH, if something is not meant to have an ulterior explanation behind it, they won't go as far as to create a diary, and a whole side quest for an item nessecary to pass this area... In a game as short as this one, it represents a nice chunk of game play.. :mrgreen:
revalations 23:16
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

Ever thought the guy killed his 2 collegues made up the story Heather/Alessa was scared of going there and the god made a quick monster?
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Occam's Razor would contest against that idea.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

I think the memos is for warning Heather to not pass directly through the disappear monster, and the blood thing warns her too that there is something dangerous out there, I think memo is just a warning, by the way, I didnt see a nurse in the sewer, I really didnt see anybody's death in the sewer, anyway, I think that monster is a crocodile or an aligator, concentrate well, when you go to the room where you get the dryer, before you enter it, notice where you pass at the way and see under water? You will see a creature is freezing and hiding from her, when you get the dryer, you will see he's gone, when you concentrate at him very well, its lookslike he's a crocodile, but anyway, what makes crocodile have a long teeth pulling heather's leg?! I dont think its an alligator, but what about that...? Ah nevermind, I think its the same monster that appears in SH1 in nowhere inside the refrigerator. And Does anyone notice a fairlytale? As someone said before? I got the silver and gold with no lies YUPEEE. :p
delusion wrote:
FiliusMartis wrote:I tried ignoring the memo, and the nurse was still in there and looked the same as always if I remember correctly. However, if anyone recalls the subway ghost, that event does not occur if one does not read the associated memos.
Was there some memos for the sewer thing? Well if was I didn't noticed it and it's still there so Heather didn't just make it up.
Btw what is that moving thing on the bed in the nightmare hospital(the ladders with valtiel after Lisa mention) Looks like the worm what you kill with hair-drier...
You mean that creature that turns the wheel when you climb up the ladder?!! Man thats nothing to do with the sewer monster, this is Valtiel, thats where he will catch Heather when she dies in any alternate world.
More information about him:
Valtiel is a fictional monster in the Konami's survival horror video game Silent Hill 3, as well as a governing angel in the religion of Silent Hill. His name means "attendant" by the way of the French word "valet", his existence as an angel is derived from suffixing "-el.". Thus he is "Attendant of God".
Valtiel was first mentioned in the third installment of the Silent Hill series. Because of its passive role in the game and its designation as a servant, it is thought that Valtiel is the subordinate of another dominant supernatural presence in Silent Hill. In the long standing tradition of Silent Hill, the Valtiel is a saintly being corresponding to an angel. Possibly, Metatron. [1]

In the religious tradition of Silent Hill, Valtiel was one of the beings said to be created by God in order to lead people to obedience. It is worshipped as the one who is closest to God. A special sect was made in the honor of the Valtiel, founded by Jimmy Stone, called the Valtiel Sect. In it this angel is venerated as a way to get closer to God. Likewise, the Pyramid Head wears similar ceremonial robes, gloves, and appears to have cloth stitching, all in homage to this being.

Whenever a shift in the Otherworld occurs, Valtiel appears before Heather, the protagonist from Silent Hill 3. In many instances Valtiel is seen turning a valve, this is both a symbolic gesture of the cycle of rebirth, which he governs, and an implication that Valtiel has some control over the shifting to the Otherworld that takes place throughout the series. If Heather were to die in certain locations, Valtiel can be seen dragging her corpse, intending to resurrect the holy "Mother of God". Valtiel has little or no actual concern with Heather, but rather for the God that sleeps within her.

Heather first encounters Valtiel when going down an elevator in the shopping mall. It appears to be hanging another monster. Heather sees the creature behind a fan.

Her next major encounter with this creature is in Brookhaven hospital when Heather is climbing up a ladder. Valtiel is seen turning a valve in the background. After that, Valtiel can be seen several times in the chapel torturing nurses and crawling around in vents, until finally appearing during the final battle to place a veil upon the God's forehead.

From Wikipedia.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

You mean that creature that turns the wheel when you climb up the ladder?!! Man thats nothing to do with the sewer monster, this is Valtiel, thats where he will catch Heather when she dies in any alternate world.
Valtiel is a fictional monster in the Konami's survival horror video game Silent Hill 3, as well as a governing angel in the religion of Silent Hill. His name means "attendant" by the way of the French word "valet", his existence as an angel is derived from suffixing "-el.". Thus he is "Attendant of God".
Valtiel was first mentioned in the third installment of the Silent Hill series. Because of its passive role in the game and its designation as a servant, it is thought that Valtiel is the subordinate of another dominant supernatural presence in Silent Hill. In the long standing tradition of Silent Hill, the Valtiel is a saintly being corresponding to an angel. Possibly, Metatron. [1]

In the religious tradition of Silent Hill, Valtiel was one of the beings said to be created by God in order to lead people to obedience. It is worshipped as the one who is closest to God. A special sect was made in the honor of the Valtiel, founded by Jimmy Stone, called the Valtiel Sect. In it this angel is venerated as a way to get closer to God. Likewise, the Pyramid Head wears similar ceremonial robes, gloves, and appears to have cloth stitching, all in homage to this being.

Whenever a shift in the Otherworld occurs, Valtiel appears before Heather, the protagonist from Silent Hill 3. In many instances Valtiel is seen turning a valve, this is both a symbolic gesture of the cycle of rebirth, which he governs, and an implication that Valtiel has some control over the shifting to the Otherworld that takes place throughout the series. If Heather were to die in certain locations, Valtiel can be seen dragging her corpse, intending to resurrect the holy "Mother of God". Valtiel has little or no actual concern with Heather, but rather for the God that sleeps within her.

Heather first encounters Valtiel when going down an elevator in the shopping mall. It appears to be hanging another monster. Heather sees the creature behind a fan.

Her next major encounter with this creature is in Brookhaven hospital when Heather is climbing up a ladder. Valtiel is seen turning a valve in the background. After that, Valtiel can be seen several times in the chapel torturing nurses and crawling around in vents, until finally appearing during the final battle to place a veil upon the God's forehead.

From Wikipedia.

Way off topic...

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=valtiel

would edit that huge chunk of wikipedia out of your post if I were you mate..
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>In it this angel is venerated as a way to get closer to God.
People who can't read shouldn't be permitted to write.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

Isn't the thing you see in the water one of those weird dog things that crawls on the floor and snaps at your ankles that you see throughout SH3?
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Aamon wrote:Isn't the thing you see in the water one of those weird dog things that crawls on the floor and snaps at your ankles that you see throughout SH3?
It's called a "slurper" and your right, it does look a lot like that.. whether it is or not... ?
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

SHACKled89451 wrote:

From Wikipedia.

Way off topic...

would edit that huge chunk of wikipedia out of your post if I were you mate..
Way off topic?!! first of all I was answering someone, and second did you read up ahead from the first before that post of mine under the quote?!! Did you?
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

Raider Man wrote:
delusion wrote:
FiliusMartis wrote:I tried ignoring the memo, and the nurse was still in there and looked the same as always if I remember correctly. However, if anyone recalls the subway ghost, that event does not occur if one does not read the associated memos.
Was there some memos for the sewer thing? Well if was I didn't noticed it and it's still there so Heather didn't just make it up.
Btw what is that moving thing on the bed in the nightmare hospital(the ladders with valtiel after Lisa mention) Looks like the worm what you kill with hair-drier...
Hey I don't mean Valtiel he isn't in the bed. I mean when you climb the ladder there is one level where is bed and some worm rolling on it.. take a look.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

SHACKled89451 wrote:
Aamon wrote:Isn't the thing you see in the water one of those weird dog things that crawls on the floor and snaps at your ankles that you see throughout SH3?
It's called a "slurper" and your right, it does look a lot like that.. whether it is or not... ?
A 'slurper', thank you for the name, i forgot what they were called. Anyway someone further up mentioned that it was probably what pulled you into the water, I don't think it is because the thing in the water is clearly a slurper.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The thing in the water in the sewer is totally different than what pulls Heather under the water--for starters, Slurpers don't have tentacles. Whoever suggested that is not paying attention to the design of monsters in SH3.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Way off topic?!! first of all I was answering someone, and second did you read up ahead from the first before that post of mine under the quote?!! Did you?
Yes, it was off topic. You posted an entire article from wikipedia about VALTIEL...
If you want to talk about Valtiel, go to one of the MANY threads that are posted about him... There's a difference between answering someone's question and starting a whole new topic.
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

Guys you dont even read all the replies do you?!!
I thought delusion were talking about Valtiel and I was helping him, but then I found out what he's talking about, since no one is reading before answering the quote I have to repeat it all over again, so I copied and pasted!!

I think the memos are for warning Heather to not pass directly through the disappear monster, and the blood thing warns her too that there is something dangerous out there, I think memo is just a warning, by the way, I didnt see a nurse in the sewer, I really didnt see anybody's death in the sewer, anyway, I think that monster is a crocodile or an aligator, concentrate well, when you go to the room where you get the dryer, before you enter it, notice where you pass at the way and see under water? You will see a creature is freezing and hiding from her, when you get the dryer, you will see he's gone, when you concentrate at him very well, its lookslike he's a crocodile, but anyway, what makes crocodile have a long teeth pulling heather's leg?! I dont think its an alligator, but what about that...? Ah nevermind, I think its the same monster that appears in SH1 in nowhere inside the refrigerator. And Does anyone notice a fairlytale? As someone said before? I got the silver and gold with no lies YUPEEE. :p
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh get the hell over yourself and stop being so critical and insecure. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they didn't read your posts, and I'm getting sick of your attitude.
I thought delusion were talking about Valtiel and I was helping him, but then I found out what he's talking about, since no one is reading before answering the quote I have to repeat it all over again, so I copied and pasted!!
What everyone is saying is that there's no need to paste Valtiel's ENTIRE WIKIPEDIA PAGE. It's not like Delusion doesn't know who Valtiel is.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Oh get the hell over yourself and stop being so critical and insecure. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they didn't read your posts, and I'm getting sick of your attitude.
What everyone is saying is that there's no need to paste Valtiel's ENTIRE WIKIPEDIA PAGE. It's not like Delusion doesn't know who Valtiel is.
Amen to that! Get it through your head Raider... damn.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Damn, its hard to deal with you people, you NEVER understand me, NEVER NEVER. Some of them does but most of you don't, it's like I am enemey or something, I entered more than 10 forums and I never seen a forum like this. Am I doing everything wrong?!

I feel bad for the author of this topic... we turned his thread into a damn internet soap opera.. Your not doing anything wrong, your writing is just REALLY hard to read and thats where most people (like me) get irritated at you. Think about it, if MOST of the people in this forum never understand you, are WE really the problem? I guarantee this isn't the ONLY english speaking forum you've had
trouble with. If you don't learn to write better in english your going to continue to get into these flame-fests with other posters... thats just the way it is..
Anyway!! I just found it's name that it is called Glutton
Boss "fought" in the abandoned office building. An enormous monster that is suspended from a cylindrical frame and is invulnerable to any weapons used against it. Although the "monster" appears in a picture booklet during the game, its form was manifested by the otherworld's power. Unlike the game's other bosses, he is defeated simply by finding and reciting an incantation
From Wekipidia!!
There you go again!!! this is a thread about a SEWER MONSTER and your posting a wiki article about the glutton!! OFF TOPIC... this is the kind of shit that pisses people off.. stop pasting non-related wiki articles man! You just don't get it..

In any case, now I'M getting off topic again so..

Could this sewer monster be a smaller version of the split-head worm in the beggining? just a thought....

Anyway
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Hm, I doubt it. What makes you think that?