Complete map of Silent Hill

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

makie
Just Passing Through

Post by makie »

Awesome work! :)

Bachman Road! My boyfriend and I got pretty confused about that road, too.

To add more confusion:

http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

If Bachman Road was once intended to be called Pullman Street than the Bachman Road that leads to Old Silent Hill (which becomes Riverside Dr. in Origins) should be correct. However, I think they decided to change names and simlpy forgot to rename Bachman into Riverside in part 1.
makie is sorry for her bad english! >.<;
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

makie wrote:If Bachman Road was once intended to be called Pullman Street than the Bachman Road that leads to Old Silent Hill (which becomes Riverside Dr. in Origins) should be correct. However, I think they decided to change names and simlpy forgot to rename Bachman into Riverside in part 1.
I'm confused here. Riverside doesn't lead to Old Silent hill in any of the games, nor does Guy's map claim it does.
Guy-onthe-Couch wrote:To Rob Matter: I appreciate you addressing that issue, believe me I've been knocking that one around for a long time, it's half the reason i put it off for so long.
There really hasn't been any substantial source material to verify it one way or the other, although the winding river makes more sense than assuming it was a mistake, it just seemed to tie up alot of the loose ends like roads leading to nowhere.
Just to be clear, I think your map is great and how you handled the Bachman problem was reasonable. It's somewhat anti-Occam for the otherwise straight river to curve sharply over the relatively short distance (although the distance itself could be longer, for all we know), and given all the other mistakes about SH1, it's likely that the creators simply screwed up the map. But they would have had to make the same mistake twice, since Lisa tells Harry to take Bachman to the lake, even though Bachman is clearly not the most efficient route from the Hospital, according to your map and the Origins map. I think the winding river is the best way to reconcile everything, but I agree that it's an unsubstantiated assumption.

Perhaps Crichton was originally supposed to be Bachman (if Bachman was originally Pullman). And perhaps this is what Makie is arguing. I might be able to confirm it by ripping the disc with PSMplay. That would make alot of sense, especially in regard to Lisa's instructions. Your map would be correct, then.

It seems Origins attempted to fix the problem, but they were probably unaware that Bachman in Old Silent Hill was misplaced/changed, so they merely edited over the problem by creating Riverside.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

That map is awesome. And I put it in my favorites on my deviant art account.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
dagoth_jeff
Just Passing Through

Post by dagoth_jeff »

This is beyond words...
Fantastic, awesome, wow.
Thanks for this.
Silent Hill is the only game that has ever scared the living crap out of me.
makie
Just Passing Through

Post by makie »

Oops, I mixed up Old and Central Silent Hill. Sorry ^^;

I foud this on deviantart:

http://thorcx.deviantart.com/art/Silent ... p-83513004

That would be how Rob Matter thinks the map has to look, right?

Btw, does anyone have screenshots of the maps in Silent Hill Homecoming? I just can't seem to find them anywhere on the net Óó
makie is sorry for her bad english! >.<;
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

makie wrote:http://thorcx.deviantart.com/art/Silent ... p-83513004

That would be how Rob Matter thinks the map has to look, right?
Yes, that map reflects my initial thoughts. However, if Crichton in Central Silent Hill was the original Bachman, which I believe there's a strong case for, then I agree with Guy's map.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I cant find homecoming maps either
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Rob Matter wrote:First, as this in-game map from SH1 shows, it’s not Riverside that runs through the South Park area, but Bachman...blahblahblah. :p
The town has gone through some remodels, changes, and development since the first game. So I don't really see the problem. All and all the map does look quite good I'll give him that. :)
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Maybe he should create a whole map related to each game as sort of a timeline of the town and its changes kinda thing. :D
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

The map looks great, but it's a bit inaccurate. Especially the position of Lakeside Amusement Park but well done anyway :)
Guy-onthe-Couch
Just Passing Through

Post by Guy-onthe-Couch »

What exactly have you found inaccurate? The amusement park is in the right place according to Team Silent's map, Anything else you've found feel free to post, i'm always open to suggestions.

I'll update the map eventually i know its been awhile, just been too busy :(
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

I love the map!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It looks as though Shattered Memories is far outside of the standard continuity. Assuming this is the map of this version of town, it does not correlate at all to what we've seen.

Guy-onthe-Couch
Just Passing Through

Update!

Post by Guy-onthe-Couch »

I know it's been awhile, but i finally got around to updating the map. Fixed some things and added some as well thanks to your suggestions, let me know what you think! Updated Map
ivs
Just Passing Through

Post by ivs »

awesome man!!!!
Tender_Sugar
Just Passing Through

Post by Tender_Sugar »

Awesome! Just awesome!!
SH fan should have this in their bedrooms or wherever they love!
"A dead person can't write a letter. It's illegal...."
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

Nice! Makes me wish I had the ink and printer to put this on my wall :D
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Really cool, but your positioning of the resort area would make the sewers mad long.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

They were mad long. To the point where I consider that part the most irritating in the game.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, but much longer than that. In game, you mostly retraced your steps or had to make detours to get keys, which made them seem much longer than they were. And the sewers were nowhere near as annoying as that mad dash to the lighthouse.