- Pyramid Head -

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

AuraTwilight wrote:Wrong, Fargo.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
According to official materials from Team Silent, the Pyramid Heads represent Mary and Maria. We see the second Pyramid Head before Eddie dies.
Alright, I can totally understand why you wonder why Pyramid Head was in the movie and I'm all for thinking outside of the box like you do, and like many before me have stated, Pyramid Head in the movie served the purpose to please those fans who wanted to see him in the big screen, and to give the Silent Hill newcommers a scaring looking son of a jackal to be afraid of.

And now for my own speculation... let's remember that in Silent Hill's history, Pyramid Head DID exist to serve as an executioner, though I think he was meant to work under the orders of The Cult, maybe this is the kind of Pyramid Head that we see in the movie with no connection to James whatsoever, but then again why did he attacked The Cult members?... I dunno, but this is the theory that I have formulated for the last few days.
AuraTwilight wrote:According to the director, Pyramid Head, in the movie, represents Alessa's perception of men; their absence in her life as role models and parental figures, the pain they caused her, the fear they generate her, and the suffering they gave her and her mother simply by not being around.
Interesting... but Maria is not real! it would make more sense that the second Pyramid Head was born out of Eddie's murder... but oh well :roll:

Thanks for clarifying PH's role in the movie by the way, with that taken right out of the horse's mouth (Christopher Gans), I guess we can put all of those previous speculations to rest, lol.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It doesn't really matter if Maria is real, does it? Pyramid Head was born as a device to deliver the truth to James. He's James' Shadow. And for the truth to shine, the deception, Maria, has to die.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>According to official materials from Team Silent, the Pyramid Heads represent Mary and Maria.
I think you've been throwing the word "official" around a bit too much lately, AuraTwilight. While I am one of the first to have claimed and argued that the 2 r.p.t.s represent Mary and Maria's deaths—and thus disagree w/ the Mary/Eddie theory—the developers never officially explained why there are 2 of 'em.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
dagoth_jeff
Just Passing Through

Post by dagoth_jeff »

I assumed they threw him in there in the event that the movie turned out worse than they imagined, and no one would ever want to attempt a remake. Like a last-ditch effort, just lump everything cool from SH into the movie, it'll all flow fine. I was glad they did.
Silent Hill is the only game that has ever scared the living crap out of me.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Really? I swear I remembered reading it when I looked at a friend's copy of Silent Hill Chronicles. My mistake, then, I've been having memory problems due to new medication, so thanks for calling me out on that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]