Silent Hill: Origins wasn't so great.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

It's funny, lots or people work in Silent Hill, but no one plays sports. There were no baseball bats, golf clubs, or hockey sticks anywhere. A few pool cues, but not much else. And you couldn't pick up any chairs, either.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
mickceyisloco
Just Passing Through

Post by mickceyisloco »

i have yet to play origins but fro what ive seen of it like trailrs and part of walkthroughs and stuff and read about it seemed pretty siple, however i dont want to read what its fully about as i want to complete it myself but i cant imagine it being better then SH4, can this be true?
I Am The Sun Still I Sit Alone In A [color=#BF0000]Red[/color] Sky.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

ANYTHING is better than SH4. I'd take Origins over The Room any day.
nobody is anybody
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I disagree with sir Vivi. Atleast SH4 was consistent with canon and was produced by Team Silent.

Oh, and it was fun.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I'm liking SH Origins, i'm almost at the end of the
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Sanatorium
but Travis is a bitch, I mean he's nice and he's strong when it comes to fights and his personality...but when it comes to stamina and health... OMFG! yesterday i was playing i was half dead and I got an ampoule, used it... 3 minutes later 2 Lying figures attacked me and guess what?! Low health again, like 1 attack from any monster and i'm dead, i did a lot of search to find the drinks but nothing... Again, guess what? those unseen guys killed me and I was with the fuckin' light off! I died and then i went to continue... Hell, have to start all over again since the part where
you drain the hot water, travis could've used a meat hook to take the damn key, but no... he made the thing even harder...
Any tips on how to stay alive? His health goes down even if he run... God...
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

energy drinks to rn more
pick up EVERY single weapon (even the useless ones)
try not to kill monsters, especialy some other monsters that you will encouner later on your gameplay

emm, i cant think of any other tip. just have fun
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Choose your weapons wisely...

use the IV stands, hammers, rubber poles, etc with the straightjackets and nurses... Use the katanas and wrenches with the ariels, throw TVs, weights and crystal bottles to the carrions (Just one hit allows you to stomp and finish them), use the guns with the Twobacks and just avoid the Calibans...
you drain the hot water, travis could've used a meat hook to take the damn key, but no... he made the thing even harder...
You know, James could just use his hands (Or any of the lot of items that he is holding in his pants at the time) for bend the wires at the labyrint but NOOO!! He had to go to get the pliers... Also,
the water made the key go down the pipe, get stuck at the toilet and fall at the boiler room... ANy meat hook can be so long...
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Well, Travis has a bunch of sledge hammers and tire irons, too. And yet he never thinks about using them to pry open or bash through various locked doors. Or using a handy screwdriver to jimmy the prop control board...
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Or jumping into that one car with the engine running (I think that was in Origins) and running over all the monsters and getting to his destinations more quickly.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:Or jumping into that one car with the engine running (I think that was in Origins) and running over all the monsters and getting to his destinations more quickly.
I don't remember any running cars in 0rigins, are you sure its not 2 you are thinking of? Where you get the pipe? The only explanation I can think of outside of just trying to make things less easy for the gamer, is perhaps Travis is too afraid/confused or something to pry open doors or whatnot.. Though he doesn't really act like it....
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

The only running car in SH0 was the one after the Sanitarium that you grab the Lumber Yard Key from.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Sake wrote:The only running car in SH0 was the one after the Sanitarium that you grab the Lumber Yard Key from.
Oh, thank you! I completely forgot about that.
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Sure =)

In my opinion, Silent Hill Origins is a decent game that could have been slightly better. The Butcher being in the game seems like fan service for the Pyramid Head fans to me (Pyramid Head being in Homecoming is definitely fan service). The main thing that makes me disappointed in Origins is the shortness. I don't know if it's just me or not, but on my first play through I completed the game in about two and a half hours.

That's one of the only negatives in the game (for me, anyway) and the accolades feature more than makes up for it. I had fun getting the costumes and extra weapons for Travis, it reminded me of how much fun it was unlocking Heather's outfits and weapons in SH3. Besides, Origins definitely feels more Silent Hill-like than SH4 and it was a decent game that brought back some of the characters from the original SH.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Remember the alternate flashlights... Is really cool to fight a bizarre creature with a giant smiling face on it!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, the bonus shit in 0rigins was pretty awesome, right up there with Princess Heart.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Again, my favorite thing was the weapons selection. The only things it could have still used were a grenade launcher and a flamethrower. Nothin' like a freshly barbecued carrion...
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

a lawn mower would be great to slaughter some twobacks and straightjackets. like t the end of the movie Braindead, if u have seen it, u get what i mean
silentpyramid0023
Just Passing Through

Post by silentpyramid0023 »

origins madee me happy I missed the streets of silent hill and the story lines but after playing origins I thougt silent hill wasn't over the only difference is the passage to the other world you use a mirror but homecoming doesent have that
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

I liked Origins, but yeah, it could have been better. I expected more new material, not the Alessa story warmed up AGAIN.
I was disappointed that we didn't find out more about Travis and what was going on with him.

The weapon selection was good, but it got REALLY ridiculous after carrying several TVs, filing cabinets, tool boxes, alcohol bottles etc, all AT ONCE.
That was even worse than James super elastic pants in which he carried all his items around.
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I think I once calculated that Travis could, theoretically, wind up carrying almost 600 pounds of stuff around with him. A little ridiculous, needless to say.

Also odd was that if James was just carrying the great knife, he could traipse along at normal speed. But if he actually equips it, it slows him down. I mean, HUH?