Post by SiLent_eViL »

It's SH 2 film's story..
Many sources said that
--I'm the RAISED angel of darkness--
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

They're made up by the fans. Trust me.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Someone posted those synopsis on IMDB and then the rest of the internet ate them up.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I like to see new movie, but when im thinking again i dont want to see new movie.
I like that and i dont like same time
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Those plot synopsises are rumors, nothing more.
FearIsTheHeartOfLove
Just Passing Through

Post by FearIsTheHeartOfLove »

der Morgenstern Czigany wrote:Everyone keeps chit-chatting about a sequel. But I'm not holding my breath. Not until I see some pictures and/or a preview.
I saw a site that said that it wasn't supposed to even begin filming until 2010, because people are complaining the it doesn't follow the SH2 game. (don't remember site though :?)

P.S. Last time I checked (directed to those complaining) this was a movie, movie sequels have to keep coherency, for those who have no idea that it was a game in the first place. But that's just my opinion.
The silence scares me, 'cause it screams the truth.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Might wanna sort that avatar out mate.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

^ Definitely.

It's not like they f'd up the first movie because of too little understanding on what was really happening in the games but rather the director and the writer both said they changed the plot to fit for a movie (whatever the hell that means). But hey SH2, cool.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Larson wrote:^ Definitely.

It's not like they f'd up the first movie because of too little understanding on what was really happening in the games but rather the director and the writer both said they changed the plot to fit for a movie (whatever the hell that means). But hey SH2, cool.
That meanas that they rewrote the script to fit the kind of storytelling that a movie demands. If you can't see a difference between a game and a movie then, well...

The reason it failed was that they tried to squeeze too much in it and they forgot that Silent Hill plays "small" keys until certain finales and even those are often more big within the characters then by outside measures. There's not enough character drama in the movie compared to the games... and I mean character subtext drama not some horseshit external and physical dramatic event, because I know some will misread "drama" into something physical...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

^ I know. I wrote that sidenote because I felt betrayed and I cursed at the fact that they had to do so. It wasn't fun at all.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Sgt Phantomizer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sgt Phantomizer »

Can't wait, i own the SH movie but since i haven't played the original game (yet, hoping to fix that little detail soon) i couldn't really appreciate or hate the movie as a movie based off of a video game.

I'am however looking forward to the SH2 movie, loved SH2's story and can't wait to see it transferred to the big screen.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Sgt+Phantomizer][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/steel/Sgt+Phantomizer.png[/img][/url]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

If a) it's even being made and b) will be based upon the second game.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Even if they did make a Silent Hill 2 adaptation, I'm sure the won't be able to do it justice. If they come out with another Silent Hill movie, fine. But I'm definitely not watching it in theaters. And I'm also one of the people who don't want Avery back. The "SILENT HILL!" scream at the beginning of the movie was just horrible........ :roll:
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I don't want Avery back either. The dialogue was the one part of the movie I didn't like.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I thought she was good, as far as child actors go... I mean parts were damn impressive for her age, but rarely is a child actor perfect.

Eh, I'm not a picky person.

So, the big question, is this an adaptation of Silent Hill 2, an all new new Silent Hill story, or a follow-up to the first movie?

The way movies tend to be, my money would be on the latter, but at the same time I'd love a SH2 adaptation film. I could imagine James' revelation being popular with the critics.

I've yet to see a sequel to an adaptation or remake that's actually based on sequel source material though, aside from comic books and the occasional novel.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

They'll probably do a Resident Evil and try and mesh (read: mangle) both canons into one e.g. Chris becoming James.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I did wonder about that, actually. Chris going into Silent Hill to look for Rose and getting his own version of SH... I wouldn't mind that, it wouldn't hurt it, but obviously Chris didn't kill Rose or anything like that, so James' biggest piece of character development would be lost, unless they could come up with something else.

One thing I did think - at the end of the movie, it's clear that Sharon is acting weird. She hasn't said a word since passing out when Alessa looked at her, and she seems to wander around her home with that spooky look on her face - I wonder if when Alessa looks right at her and she passes out is them merging, to form who in the game canon we know as Heather.... So perhaps the sequel could even be based on Silent Hill 3, even if very loosely?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

That's another theory that's been banded about, yeah.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Even gans said that he would make the 2nd movie to tie in the questions that were left unaswered, especially about sharon/alessa. So I think it would be plausible to make the movie using the plot of the 3rd game.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

SilentMadness wrote:Even gans said that he would make the 2nd movie to tie in the questions that were left unaswered, especially about sharon/alessa. So I think it would be plausible to make the movie using the plot of the 3rd game.
Gans has since said definitely not making the second.
Mr.FLOOT wrote:Avery can stay away, Gans did a good job I think. I loved the look and feel of the 1st film, i just didn't like the story cos it's just not that good.
I feel the same. I think Gans nailed the environment and atmosphere of the series, it was just the script/storyline that left me wanting more.
Numb Body01 wrote:SH4 would be extremely dificult to adapt. I mean, they couldn't even do it in the game, let alone a film.
OUCH! Aww. :( Poor The Room. I thought it was feckin' awesome myself.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.